Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has continued revealing their Madden NFL 17 player ratings today, as they announce the top 5 defensive tackles in the game. More detailed ratings can be seen in the official blog.

Check them out and post your thoughts!
  • Aaron Donald (Overall 98)
  • Geno Atkins (Overall 94)
  • Fletcher Cox (Overall 93)
  • Ndamukong Suh (Overall 93)
  • Kawann Short (Overall 92)
Previously released Madden NFL 17 player ratings:

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Mauer4MVP @ 07/25/16 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Don't the vikes run a 4-3 thus have no nose tackle?
Eh kind of. It depends on the base front and nevertheless, his role is the same as a nose tackles would be.

# 22 jfsolo @ 07/25/16 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Surprised to see the drop off from Donald, down to Suh at #3. Donald is great, no doubt. Just a bit surprised to see that drop off. I guess EA also bought into the hype that Suh had a "down year" last year. Or maybe it's just their way of "separation" between the top end and the other guys. I hate these 5 player teases! lol

As someone else just said, I also would love to see a video of these guys in action. Not trailer type stuff, but actual gameplay. These are 5 guys capable of taking over a game from the inside of the DL. They should be able to do that in Madden, not get paddy caked out of the way by the OL. Really hope that translates this year as they've said it will.

The screens... look awesome too. That's nothing new though for Madden.
Yep, if the top D tackles are getting stonewalled all the time, especially by mediocre G's and C's, like has been the case in so many Madden's, then the new defensive gap control system will be definitely be suspect.

They can't just be great when User controlled either. They need to be able to take over games when the CPU is controlling them and not just play like some random 68 OVR player.

# 23 The JareBear @ 07/25/16 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yep, if the top D tackles are getting stonewalled all the time, especially by mediocre G's and C's, like has been the case in so many Madden's, then the new defensive gap control system will be definitely be suspect.

They can't just be great when User controlled either. They need to be able to take over games when the CPU is controlling them and not just play like some random 68 OVR player.
Yes. So much yes.

# 24 CM Hooe @ 07/25/16 05:05 PM
Quote:
Don't the vikes run a 4-3 thus have no nose tackle?

Depends on the player's specific role in the defense. I'm not super-familiar with how the Vikings deploy nowadays, but in a traditional 4-3 Stack the one-technique DT is sometimes referred to as a nose tackle and may play a two-gapping role, not unlike the 0-technique nose tackle in a traditional two-gapping 3-4 Base front such as the one Green Bay deploys (when they aren't in nickel, anyway, which they use a lot).

To give a different Vikings example - think Pat Williams when he played next to Kevin Williams. Kevin Williams was the 3-tech aka under tackle aka attacking pass rush star, while massive Pat Williams ate up blockers in a nose tackle sort of role from the one-tech spot, allowing Kevin Williams to get one-one-ones more often and have more general success getting into the offensive backfield.

# 25 SolidSquid @ 07/25/16 05:13 PM
Also amazed at how far a little equipment upgrades go. These screens actually LOOK like real players instead of madden. Aaron Donald looks spot on,except no mouth guard, but I can't wait till next year for that

# 26 DaBum @ 07/25/16 05:21 PM
With D.Moore no longer doing the ratings on Madden, Who is the rating Czar at EA?

# 27 SolidSquid @ 07/25/16 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBum
With D.Moore no longer doing the ratings on Madden, Who is the rating Czar at EA?
Mr Kane aka The Equipment Guru. He's actually pretty active on the site

# 28 NCRellz @ 07/25/16 07:01 PM
I'm Anxious to see where Star Lotulelei ends up on the list. He is one of the main reasons why Kawann Short is so dominant.

# 29 Find_the_Door @ 07/25/16 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Linval is 7th.
Where's Romo?

# 30 urlacher51 @ 07/25/16 08:35 PM
I thought madden was scaling back on these high ratings

Still seeing alot of guys with 90 or higher rating with these different position groups.

# 31 BtothejizA @ 07/25/16 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I'm super happy with Anthony Barr, but man Aaron Donald wouldn't have been a bad pick either.
I'm not super happy with Eric Ebron.

I die a little inside whenever I watch Donald or OBJ play. lol

# 32 manEATgod @ 07/25/16 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Quick question on how Nose Tackles will be rated. For example, Linval Joseph may have been the best player on a pretty darn good Minnesota defense last year from the push, pressure, and gap coverage he gave. It obviously doesn't show up in the stats, but he had a fantastic year last year when he was healthy.
Yeah that's what I was wondering with Ravens Nose Tackle Brandon Williams. Just hoping their madden avatars play just like the real deal now that the trench game is being overhauled. He Brandon may be a nose tackle but he gets plenty of pressures as well.

# 33 Hova57 @ 07/25/16 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Depends on the player's specific role in the defense. I'm not super-familiar with how the Vikings deploy nowadays, but in a traditional 4-3 Stack the one-technique DT is sometimes referred to as a nose tackle and may play a two-gapping role, not unlike the 0-technique nose tackle in a traditional two-gapping 3-4 Base front such as the one Green Bay deploys (when they aren't in nickel, anyway, which they use a lot).

To give a different Vikings example - think Pat Williams when he played next to Kevin Williams. Kevin Williams was the 3-tech aka under tackle aka attacking pass rush star, while massive Pat Williams ate up blockers in a nose tackle sort of role from the one-tech spot, allowing Kevin Williams to get one-one-ones more often and have more general success getting into the offensive backfield.
Playing madden this year keeping things like this in mind gonna be awesome and hard.lol

# 34 DaBum @ 07/26/16 05:15 AM
Quote:
Mr Kane aka The Equipment Guru. He's actually pretty active on the site
Thanks Squid, With that being said .... What is the method used to determine the ratings given. I'm not complaining just would like to know what factors get more emphasis than others and how much of a impact it will have in game play.

# 35 KANE699 @ 07/26/16 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
I thought madden was scaling back on these high ratings

Still seeing alot of guys with 90 or higher rating with these different position groups.
These are the top rated players at their position...... why is this shocking?

# 36 J.Cole @ 07/26/16 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtothejizA
I'm not super happy with Eric Ebron.

I die a little inside whenever I watch Donald or OBJ play. lol
It's ok you could have taken Marcus Smith in the first round.

# 37 urlacher51 @ 07/27/16 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
These are the top rated players at their position...... why is this shocking?
I know they are two different games but in nba 2k they only had 6 or 7 players in the whole game who were rated 90 or higher. I thought those high 90 or higher ratings in madden would be less than what it is, to give the game play more balance.

# 38 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/27/16 06:02 PM
Quote:
I know they are two different games but in nba 2k they only had 6 or 7 players in the whole game who were rated 90 or higher. I thought those high 90 or higher ratings in madden would be less than what it is, to give the game play more balance.
You realize they use different scales with their ratings, correct? Gameplay is totally dependent upon the scale of ratings being used.

If 99 in madden is the same as 93 in NBA, it's irrelevant.

# 39 urlacher51 @ 07/27/16 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
You realize they use different scales with their ratings, correct? Gameplay is totally dependent upon the scale of ratings being used.

If 99 in madden is the same as 93 in NBA, it's irrelevant.
ok np, using nba 2k as an example was probably wrong. But my point was I thought there would less 90 overall or higher players in madden to make the game play more balance. I see i was wrong. And yes i do realize that these are the top players at their position .

# 40 mtmetcalfe @ 07/27/16 06:37 PM
Quote:
There's probably somewhere around 400 players on NBA teams. I'm guessing the NFL is 5x that so there should be more highly rated players in Madden.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.