Home
PES 2017 News Post

Konami has announced their premium partnership with FC Barcelona, along with a new trailer and screenshots. Here are some of the details.
  • Exclusive rights to recreate FC Barcelona’s Camp Nou stadium.
  • The club’s famed offensive, playing style will be fully implemented, as will the club anthem ‘Himno’.
  • In-game versions of FC Barcelona’s historical kits.
  • Special promotions in myClub mode that will allow you to add FC Barcelona stars such as Lionel Messi, Neymar Jr and Luis Suarez to your squads.
  • FC Barcelona Legends available in myClub.
Read the full press release below.

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. proudly announces that it has signed an Official Partnership contract with the renowned Spanish football club, FC Barcelona for the partnership to be effective across their football titles.      

FC Barcelona is a football club founded in 1899 in Barcelona, Catalonia, celebrating their history of 117 years, known to fans widely with their nickname as “Barca”. Winning the UEFA Champions League 5 times and Spanish League 24 times, FCB is one of the best clubs in the world with over 145,000 Socios (members) widely spread across the globe.

The partnership will be featured in Konami’s title, PES 2017 due to be released on 15 September 2016, through element implementation such as the club’s home stadium Camp Nou, and 3D photo-scanned player faces such as Messi and Neymar Jr, making star faces and their expressions more realistic than ever.

The PES 2017 core concept, Control Reality will see the gameplay improvements faithfully recreating the club’s artistic, magnificent style of play.

The FCB signature style Tiki-Taka, the powerful “hymno”, the FCB classic (historical) kit data release, and Legend player appearances are some of the activations Konami are planning to bring into the game in order to provide the best experience to the fans.

Customers are entitled to sign an FCB player that can be used in the widely popular PES mode myClub, by pre-ordering the digital download version of PES 2017 through the PlayStation®Store

PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: PES 2017Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 majestic24 @ 07/26/16 08:12 AM
Does this mean Camp Nou won't be in FIFA?

# 2 KennyJ1976 @ 07/26/16 08:19 AM
So much for that exclusive license EA got with La Liga. What exactly did it accomplish. Good job Konami, looking forward to both games btw.

# 3 BEARYChi @ 07/26/16 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic24
That would be petty if that's true.

# 4 dlxsf18 @ 07/26/16 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic24
the language konami are using suggests camp nou is exclusive to PES, serves EA right tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
So much for that exclusive license EA got with La Liga. What exactly did it accomplish. Good job Konami, looking forward to both games btw.
That deal has probably expired, only reason EA acquired the license in the first place was to keep the stadiums out of PES.

# 5 bad_philanthropy @ 07/26/16 09:15 AM
From reading the language it seems like Camp Nou will be exclusive to PES—although the language "exclusive rights to recreate" could actually mean access to scan everything for their model. It wouldn't be useful to be deceptive like that for marketing purposes though.
It must be a recent development, because I belive this is Camp Nou in the FIFA 17 trailer.

It seems like the deal is just for this year. I wonder if EA just has the image rights to the club, or what the difference between an "Official Partner contract" is.

Wouldn't be surprised to see EA scorch the earth on PES next year over this. To outbid EA for this sort of thing must have cost a significant amount of money.

# 6 Turbojugend @ 07/26/16 09:23 AM
Ehh, this feels like more of a "shots fired" reaction than anything. Konami did this same exact thing with Camp Nou a couple of years ago, and as far as I know it didn't do anything to help their bottom line. If the stadium is indeed exclusive, more people are going to be upset it's not in FIFA than happy it's in PES.

# 7 bad_philanthropy @ 07/26/16 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Ehh, this feels like more of a "shots fired" reaction than anything. Konami did this same exact thing with Camp Nou a couple of years ago, and as far as I know it didn't do anything to help their bottom line. If the stadium is indeed exclusive, more people are going to be upset it's not in FIFA than happy it's in PES.
Yeah, I remember Camp Nou wasn't in FIFA for a while. Like you said, PES playing the license game to compete with FIFA isn't exactly the best strategy.

I like PES, but I don't know if this is money well spent for them. We'll see.

# 8 bxphenom7 @ 07/26/16 10:14 AM
I get the whole going after exclusive licensing, and EA deserves this retaliation full force, but it won't really make a change. Either way, that teailer was AMAZING! Shirtless Neymar, SHIRTLESS CELEBRATIONS??? Or just Neymar?

# 9 ZoneBlitz @ 07/26/16 10:36 AM
This game looks really, really good. The menus look awesome! I would just play for that alone. It seems like they will have really, very indepth soccer play. I can't wait to see this in action. Awesome job on the User Interface. The play graphics and animations and models also look awesome. Great job thus far PES.

# 10 jmmontoro @ 07/26/16 11:10 AM
The official press release doesn't include the world exclusive, it's only used in social media, where context can be twisted quite easily. The bullet list is not from the official press release. https://www.konami.com/games/corporate/en/news/release/20160726/?cm_sp=01-_-release-_-20160726-e

# 11 KennyJ1976 @ 07/26/16 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Yeah, I remember Camp Nou wasn't in FIFA for a while. Like you said, PES playing the license game to compete with FIFA isn't exactly the best strategy.

I like PES, but I don't know if this is money well spent for them. We'll see.
They don't have a choice. If Konami doesn't go after exclusive licenses, EA would get them all. If the Camp Nou isn't in FIFA 17, maybe EA will relax in the future on exclusive licenses and let gameplay and modes decide who has the better soccer game. Highly unlikely but maybe.

# 12 dubcity @ 07/26/16 01:37 PM
Camp Nou will be exclusive to PES through 2020. Wow, lol. Poor EA.

# 13 RoyceDa59 @ 07/26/16 01:43 PM
They added some more details on the edit mode at Konami's website:

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu...t-uniform-edit

Edit Data Sharing Available for PS4
Share your create teams and players with other only through easy transfer via USB
Data sharing is multiregional, allowing European users to share with fans from US or Asia

Edit improvements

Batch Import *Exclusive to PlayStation®4 system

Import all your edited kits and player data as a batch on your USB. Select your team and apply the data you choose.
Kit Edit

Adjust how high you want to show the team name and squad number.
With the improvement now allowing to change the resolution of the images you can read more images than the limited amount in the past. (e.g. Change the 2048 x 2048 desolution to 1024 x 1024, and you can add up to 1000 patterns for kits)

Looks like kits can be created more detailed than ever for the consoles.

# 14 Turbojugend @ 07/26/16 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Looks like kits can be created more detailed than ever for the consoles.
Interesting. If you can add league patches, it's possible that PES user creations will be more authentic than the officially licensed FIFA kits (since EA won't allow "SkyBet" in the game for whatever reason).

# 15 dubcity @ 07/26/16 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
They added some more details on the edit mode at Konami's website:

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu...t-uniform-edit

Edit Data Sharing Available for PS4
Share your create teams and players with other only through easy transfer via USB
Data sharing is multiregional, allowing European users to share with fans from US or Asia

Edit improvements

Batch Import *Exclusive to PlayStation®4 system

Import all your edited kits and player data as a batch on your USB. Select your team and apply the data you choose.

Hmm, this doesn't sound exactly like what option files used to be. If we have to go to each team, and assign each kit (home/away/keeper) and logo one by one, that doesn't sound much different than last year. I barely made it through the Premier League by itself before I lost patience with it. And now with La Liga teams needing logos and kits added, I can't imagine many going through that entire process.

# 16 jvalverde88 @ 07/26/16 04:47 PM
When your company is on the brink financially, its probably not a good idea to shell out money on a huge license like Barcelona/Camp Nou. I mean good for them for one upping EA, but I just don't see how this helps them.

# 17 RoyceDa59 @ 07/26/16 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Hmm, this doesn't sound exactly like what option files used to be. If we have to go to each team, and assign each kit (home/away/keeper) and logo one by one, that doesn't sound much different than last year. I barely made it through the Premier League by itself before I lost patience with it. And now with La Liga teams needing logos and kits added, I can't imagine many going through that entire process.
I don't think it will as tedious as last year's. Seems like you can import the data in a batch instead of going in team by team and assigning each kit.

# 18 bad_philanthropy @ 07/26/16 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
When your company is on the brink financially, its probably not a good idea to shell out money on a huge license like Barcelona/Camp Nou. I mean good for them for one upping EA, but I just don't see how this helps them.
True, but FIFA already absolutely dominates the market. It's rational for them to try and eat into that market share, and the decision they've apparently made is to essentially turn PES into FC Barcelona 2017 and use that huge brand to sell the game.

# 19 talucchesi @ 07/26/16 05:20 PM
As an absolutely HUGE Barca fan it was pretty impossible for me not to orgasm 15+ times

Still, this really sucks cause I'm a Fifa first kind of player. But this basically does guarantee my purchase of Pes this year

# 20 HenryClay1844 @ 07/26/16 07:53 PM
I am disgusted with this! Can't stand exclusive licensing I will not be supporting PES this year. EA deserve this though that they originated this garbage. They took the J league and Juve from Konami this year, this is Konami's response. This is very bleak for football games, it's past time for fans to speak out against this.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.