Home
PES 2017 News Post

Konami has announced their premium partnership with FC Barcelona, along with a new trailer and screenshots. Here are some of the details.
  • Exclusive rights to recreate FC Barcelona’s Camp Nou stadium.
  • The club’s famed offensive, playing style will be fully implemented, as will the club anthem ‘Himno’.
  • In-game versions of FC Barcelona’s historical kits.
  • Special promotions in myClub mode that will allow you to add FC Barcelona stars such as Lionel Messi, Neymar Jr and Luis Suarez to your squads.
  • FC Barcelona Legends available in myClub.
Read the full press release below.

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. proudly announces that it has signed an Official Partnership contract with the renowned Spanish football club, FC Barcelona for the partnership to be effective across their football titles.      

FC Barcelona is a football club founded in 1899 in Barcelona, Catalonia, celebrating their history of 117 years, known to fans widely with their nickname as “Barca”. Winning the UEFA Champions League 5 times and Spanish League 24 times, FCB is one of the best clubs in the world with over 145,000 Socios (members) widely spread across the globe.

The partnership will be featured in Konami’s title, PES 2017 due to be released on 15 September 2016, through element implementation such as the club’s home stadium Camp Nou, and 3D photo-scanned player faces such as Messi and Neymar Jr, making star faces and their expressions more realistic than ever.

The PES 2017 core concept, Control Reality will see the gameplay improvements faithfully recreating the club’s artistic, magnificent style of play.

The FCB signature style Tiki-Taka, the powerful “hymno”, the FCB classic (historical) kit data release, and Legend player appearances are some of the activations Konami are planning to bring into the game in order to provide the best experience to the fans.

Customers are entitled to sign an FCB player that can be used in the widely popular PES mode myClub, by pre-ordering the digital download version of PES 2017 through the PlayStation®Store

PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view PES 2017 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: PES 2017Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/26/16 10:48 PM
hopefully player names will be added when importing teams. The one thing I hated was trying to rename everyone on each team. That was a serious pain.

# 22 ballgameronny @ 07/27/16 07:05 AM
Is there a list of teams in PES 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 23 stocksy @ 07/27/16 08:00 AM
Barca will still be in FIFA and the will still have proper names, kits, likeness....

To me it wont matter than stadium isn't in, you can rename another stadium for season modes, I'd rather have all the top stadiums in but leagues, official players and kits mean most to me.

I'll have to wait and see how PES expend importing and editing before I decide if I buy, also a proper career manager mode with actual leagues would be nice.

Looks like EA gets my money again.

# 24 Turbojugend @ 07/27/16 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
Barca will still be in FIFA and the will still have proper names, kits, likeness....
See, that's the thing. How much of the actual stadium do you see in-game anyway? 99% of the time you're focused on the pitch, as long as the team is there it won't matter if they got the seating assignments and bathroom stalls correct.

These types of exclusive agreements probably benefit gaming companies more from a PR/promotional point-of-view than from a consumer point-of-view. It's not all about locking EA out of content (although I'm sure that's part of it), it's about aligning yourself with one of the world's biggest sports brands, PES demo kiosks in the Camp Nou, and everything else that goes along with it.

# 25 KG @ 07/27/16 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
When your company is on the brink financially, its probably not a good idea to shell out money on a huge license like Barcelona/Camp Nou. I mean good for them for one upping EA, but I just don't see how this helps them.
I think it's a big selling point to be honest from this standpoint:

Not having Barcelona licensed and official (team & player names) would be a killer blow.

I don't know enough about exclusive partnerships and their limitations to just outright say they're horrible.

Also,

Pretty cool how they recreated several of Barca's famous goals from the last 2 years. They nailed em.

# 26 RoyceDa59 @ 07/27/16 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Pretty cool how they recreated several of Barca's famous goals from the last 2 years. They nailed em.
I know that was pretty cool, here is a comparison video.

# 27 stevostl @ 07/27/16 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Interesting. If you can add league patches, it's possible that PES user creations will be more authentic than the officially licensed FIFA kits (since EA won't allow "SkyBet" in the game for whatever reason).
yeah it will be by the looks of it.. like it use to be in the old PES days

# 28 Behindshadows @ 07/28/16 12:17 AM
So many people overshadowing this whole thread, talking about Exclusive Team crap.

Why don't we talk about how great this game looks and moves, even in that comparison too real life video on page 4 looks amazing.

# 29 C.J.S. @ 07/28/16 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
I am disgusted with this! Can't stand exclusive licensing I will not be supporting PES this year. EA deserve this though that they originated this garbage. They took the J league and Juve from Konami this year, this is Konami's response. This is very bleak for football games, it's past time for fans to speak out against this.
i agree paying customers shouldn't have to loose out because of this BS exclusive crap!

# 30 C.J.S. @ 07/28/16 02:07 AM
Quote:
When your company is on the brink financially, its probably not a good idea to shell out money on a huge license like Barcelona/Camp Nou. I mean good for them for one upping EA, but I just don't see how this helps them.
Konami on the brink?
Take a look at how much Konami makes on gambling machines alone.

Enough to buy as much licensing they want really, but the Japanese aren't stupid enough to waist money for just fun.

# 31 jvalverde88 @ 07/28/16 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
True, but FIFA already absolutely dominates the market. It's rational for them to try and eat into that market share, and the decision they've apparently made is to essentially turn PES into FC Barcelona 2017 and use that huge brand to sell the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I think it's a big selling point to be honest from this standpoint:

Not having Barcelona licensed and official (team & player names) would be a killer blow.

I don't know enough about exclusive partnerships and their limitations to just outright say they're horrible.

Also,

Good point, interested to see if Barcelona is even licensed in FIFA because of this exclusive deal. I assume they would be featured like the unlicensed Serie B teams with altered emblem and default kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
Konami on the brink?
Take a look at how much Konami makes on gambling machines alone.

Enough to buy as much licensing they want really, but the Japanese aren't stupid enough to waist money for just fun.
Let rephrase that, bad financial state. They were losing money, there is a reason why they're focusing on mobile and gambling machines.

# 32 KG @ 07/28/16 08:33 AM
Quote:
Good point, interested to see if Barcelona is even licensed in FIFA because of this exclusive deal. I assume they would be featured like the unlicensed Serie B teams with altered emblem and default kits.

Let rephrase that, bad financial state. They were losing money, there is a reason why they're focusing on mobile and gambling machines.

Barca will still be fully licensed in FIFA 17. Barca's a "premium partner" with PES which means that EA, who has deals with FIFPRO, and the La Liga license will still have real players and kits. I'm not sure about the Nou Camp though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 33 Matt10 @ 07/28/16 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
So many people overshadowing this whole thread, talking about Exclusive Team crap.

Why don't we talk about how great this game looks and moves, even in that comparison too real life video on page 4 looks amazing.
It moves okay, the player models of the baggy shorts and bulky legs are still throwing me off. That real life comparison goal video alone shows the difference.

# 34 dmendenhall_9 @ 07/28/16 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It moves okay, the player models of the baggy shorts and bulky legs are still throwing me off. That real life comparison goal video alone shows the difference.
Read somewhere that they are planning on fixing the shorts for next year. they are bad. ha.

# 35 Matt10 @ 07/28/16 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
Read somewhere that they are planning on fixing the shorts for next year. they are bad. ha.
Please, I really hope they do. It's the little things, but they turn out big. Like Madden's lack of team celebrations.

# 36 RoyceDa59 @ 07/28/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Please, I really hope they do. It's the little things, but they turn out big. Like Madden's lack of team celebrations.
I agree, it took them long enough to fix those oven mitts that were masquerading as GK gloves.

# 37 ShaiLeGran @ 07/30/16 12:38 PM
The first goal from the Trailer vs Real life shows us blank kits for Real, which could mean Real is not licensed in the game and probably only Barcelona is for the Spanish league. If this is the case, the licensing of Barca is meaningless to a lot, a LOT of football video game fans.

# 38 KennyJ1976 @ 08/01/16 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
The first goal from the Trailer vs Real life shows us blank kits for Real, which could mean Real is not licensed in the game and probably only Barcelona is for the Spanish league. If this is the case, the licensing of Barca is meaningless to a lot, a LOT of football video game fans.
You do know Atletico Madrid has already been confirmed right? Plus if the others aren't licensed, that's what the edit mode is for.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.