Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

The 2016 USA Men's National Team, including Coach Mike Krzyzewski, will be featured in NBA 2K17. Unfortunately, we don't know which mode(s) they will be featured in.

Quote:
Coach K will appear on the sidelines coaching the 2016 USA Basketball Men's National Team in NBA 2K17. His likeness will also be found in a revamped tutorial mode focusing on teaching fundamental basketball strategies including pick and roll execution, proper defensive positioning, ball movement, boxing out, court awareness and more.

The Australian National Team was confirmed last week.

The 1992 Dream Team will also be featured in the game, but no word on whether or not it will feature the full roster.

UPDATE: The 1992 Dream Team will feature the full roster in NBA 2K17, including Charles Barkley.

Quote:
The 2016 USA Basketball Men’s National Team, including Coach Mike Krzyzewski, is heading to NBA 2K17! Fans who pre-order NBA 2K17 will receive the legendary 1992 USA Basketball “Dream Team”, along with a special USAB MyPLAYER jersey to fully customize their USA Basketball experience.

We should start hearing more about the teams and mode(s) soon. When we hear anything we will update everyone. Until then, the full press release can be read below.

NBA 2K17 to Feature 2016 USA Basketball Men’s National Team and Legendary 1992 USA Basketball “Dream Team”

USA National Team Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski part of NBA 2K franchise for the first time

2K today announced a partnership with USA Basketball that will bring the full roster of the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s National Team, including coach Mike Krzyzewski, to NBA 2K17, the next iteration of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series*. Fans who pre-order NBA 2K17 will receive the legendary 1992 USA Basketball “Dream Team,” along with a USA Basketball MyPLAYER jersey.

2K has also revealed that renowned Duke University and USA Basketball coach, Mike Krzyzewski, will be making his debut in the NBA 2K series. Krzyzewski – or “Coach K,” as he’s widely known - will appear on the sidelines coaching the 2016 USA Basketball Men's National Team in NBA 2K17. His likeness will also be found in a revamped tutorial mode focusing on teaching fundamental basketball strategies including pick and roll execution, proper defensive positioning, ball movement, boxing out, court awareness and more.

“Basketball has become an iconic part of American sports heritage, and I’m thrilled that fans can play with this year’s roster in NBA 2K,” said Krzyzewski who, since 2008, has coached the USA Basketball Men’s National Team to four straight international tournament gold medals. “NBA 2K17 is the best way to connect to legends of the past ‘Dream Team’ while celebrating the success of this year’s roster.”

Comprised of NBA Hall of Famers, including Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone and David Robinson, the 1992 “Dream Team” is universally considered one of, if not the greatest, team ever assembled in basketball history. Fans will be able to pit that roster against this year’s athletes on the USA Basketball Men’s National Team, which includes NBA 2K17 cover athlete Paul George and Team 2K athletes Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, and Kyrie Irving.

“We’re always looking to bring fans closer to basketball’s signature teams and players, which is why we’re collaborating with USA Basketball and Coach K for NBA 2K17,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for NBA 2K. “We couldn’t think of a better way to send off the 2016 team by celebrating USA Basketball’s legacy in this year’s title, while giving fans an opportunity to play as historical and current teams.”

The NBA 2K17 Standard Edition will be available in both digital and physical formats for $59.99 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, and Windows PC platforms on September 20. The NBA 2K17 Kobe Bryant Legend Edition will be available in digital and physical formats for $79.99 on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system. Also available for pre-order is the NBA 2K17 Kobe Bryant Legend Edition Gold offering fans the ultimate value at $99.99 with all of the regular NBA 2K17 Legend Edition contents plus bonus items. All fans who pre-order any version of NBA 2K17 will receive their copy at Early Tip-Off four days early, September 16.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 janmagn @ 07/28/16 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
So this could be pretty big for getting Charles Barkley in the game yearly and on more than just a Dream Team roster.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17...nce-ex-players
I was just coming to post this. Chuck has always says the reason he doesn't want to be in the game is because NBA doesn't take care of retired players. Now that is taken care of, what would still be holding him down?

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla

# 102 stocksy @ 07/28/16 02:30 PM
It's the same on wrestling forums.... Young pups asking for legends to be taken out etc....

No respect the youth of today!

Classic teams make this game...

I wish the would bring back the grain and presentation effects too!

And please can I second getting those Converse in the game and classic reebok pumps.

I have a nice little collection of reebok pumps myself... Without pumps on I'm a chump with them on I'm a champ.....

Pumps make the player

# 103 Hopsin @ 07/28/16 03:10 PM
I wouldn't say Legend teams make the game... I'm a young guy and I love playing with classic teams etc. mostly in MyLeague wether it's a full legends league.. Or a mixup of all of the legends and new guys.
But while its definitely a welcome sight, I probably won't sell myself on 2K specially for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 104 MBhoops @ 07/28/16 03:12 PM
I really can't stand Charles Barkely and don't care if he's in the game or not. That being said I do like classic teams and I'm hoping to see more Reggie Miller, Baron Davis, peak Petrovic etc.

# 105 VDusen04 @ 07/29/16 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
I wonder why 2k got rid of the old 60/70/80s style tv presentation they had when they first introduced classic teams. I loved playing with the grainy filters. Maybe it wasn't well received, but I absolutely loved it.[/img]
That presentation and filter implementation is still one of the coolest things I've ever seen done in a basketball game.

# 106 cthurt @ 07/29/16 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That presentation and filter implementation is still one of the coolest things I've ever seen done in a basketball game.

Classic teams haven't felt the same since they stopped using this feature.

# 107 Junior Moe @ 07/29/16 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Classic teams haven't felt the same since they stopped using this feature.
Yep. Plus I think that it'll help mask some of their inaccurate head/faces. You can't scan these guys and honestly who would expect 2K to? Seeing these guys in crystal clear 1080P makes their deficiencies a lot more noticeable.

# 108 daystew @ 07/29/16 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Yep. Plus I think that it'll help mask some of their inaccurate head/faces. You can't scan these guys and honestly who would expect 2K to? Seeing these guys in crystal clear 1080P makes their deficiencies a lot more noticeable.

You would think filters are fairly easy to add as an option. Give me that,a varied score bug and the ability to edit shorts lengths and I'm in retro heaven this year.

# 109 Scvllp @ 07/29/16 12:10 PM
Yes we need the classic team filters, rules and screen graphics. They made the classics so much better.

We gotta let the revs know how much we want this.

# 110 Goffs @ 07/29/16 12:20 PM
The only way 2k focuses on old school stuff again is when the NBA goes on another strike.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

# 111 VDusen04 @ 07/29/16 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Filters could help out in that regard, but I actually thought a lot of the new guys added last year looked pretty legit. Ben Wallace, for instance, looked just about spot on.

And while guys like Vince Carter weren't perfect, I appreciated that the 2000 version wasn't out there running around with a full beard or something.

The bigger issue seems to be the guys who were ported over from last gen. But even then, a lot of them were improved, right? Or not so much? (I was only able to play a few times.)

# 112 AmGroot @ 07/29/16 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
Do you mind posting a picture of it? Im curious to see how he looks in comparison to 2K13.
Excuse the incorrect number, I took this in-game just now.

# 113 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 07/29/16 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGroot

It's not perfect but it's a lot better than I expected. Thanks for posting these

# 114 Junior Moe @ 07/29/16 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daystew
You would think filters are fairly easy to add as an option. Give me that,a varied score bug and the ability to edit shorts lengths and I'm in retro heaven this year.
Yep! Especially with us being able to edit all teams this year. I can see the retro rosters now. Give me that mid 90s filter/graphic package from 2K12 along with what you said and I'd be rolling.

# 115 Junior Moe @ 07/29/16 04:50 PM
Quote:
Filters could help out in that regard, but I actually thought a lot of the new guys added last year looked pretty legit. Ben Wallace, for instance, looked just about spot on.

And while guys like Vince Carter weren't perfect, I appreciated that the 2000 version wasn't out there running around with a full beard or something.

The bigger issue seems to be the guys who were ported over from last gen. But even then, a lot of them were improved, right? Or not so much? (I was only able to play a few times.)
I actually think that most of the classic players look good. The ports from last gen are obvious and a few new additions, like VC, are off but by and large I think they are fine. It's more of a body type (that most 2K models have) and accessories thing to me.

# 116 daystew @ 07/29/16 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scvllp
Yes we need the classic team filters, rules and screen graphics. They made the classics so much better.

We gotta let the revs know how much we want this.

I agree. I'm usually just someone that lurks the forums (for the past 10 years), but do you think even creating a thread dedicated to filters, shorts, etc., would get the devs attention? I assume that if they're not already in 2k17 that it may be too late.

Also, that Barkley looks great to me, I honestly feel like the classic Shaqs are the WORST in the whole game.

# 117 daveberg @ 07/29/16 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daystew
I agree. I'm usually just someone that lurks the forums (for the past 10 years), but do you think even creating a thread dedicated to filters, shorts, etc., would get the devs attention? I assume that if they're not already in 2k17 that it may be too late.

Also, that Barkley looks great to me, I honestly feel like the classic Shaqs are the WORST in the whole game.

I created a thread before they rolled out 2k16 in regards to legends and it ran for quite some time.

It was based around cyberfaces and overall appearances (Mainly focusing on MJ) - I'd like to think it helped push some of these things through to the Devs.

What We really need to go with this, is for them to bring back the era/arena specific music/sounds to the classic team buildings. I'm so tired of playing in Chicago Stadium hearing nothing when the team is bringing the ball up, or some bogus, generic chant. I want the organ back from 2k12!!

They had classic arena sounds on POINT back then.

Sorry....nothing to do with the Dream Team, but I guess it's all 'legends' related.

# 118 midwestking100 @ 07/31/16 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGroot

Now THAT Sir Charles!

# 119 cassette @ 07/31/16 11:04 AM
Quote:

I agree, it was a great innovation! Maybe the youngsters didn't care for it?

# 120 cassette @ 07/31/16 11:05 AM
Has it been confirmed that the '92 Dream Team isn't on the "regular" game at all, and remains a pre-order exclusive?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.