Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports today announced the arrival of the NHL 17 Beta, available now to NHL Insiders. So basically if you get the NHL Newsletter and if you signed up for the beta by July 7th, you can get it today -- a full 24 hours earlier than expected.

The Beta will be available to everyone else starting tomorrow and will last through August 4 and features several modes for you to get a kickstart on your upcoming season:
  • Hockey Ultimate Team: Build. Collect. Compete. The most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL gets even better! Introducing HUT Synergy, an all-new “Team Building” system designed to challenge the way you build and play as your Ultimate Team. Pair player strengths together to create synergy in your roster and grant perks across your lineups. The all-new HUT Dynamic Sets mechanic takes collecting to a new level that replicates the biggest real-world hockey moments. Collect sets to unlock rewards, including new thematic sets, to constantly build and improve your team. With Dynamic HUT Sets, if it happens hockey, it happens in NHL 17.
  • EA Sports Hockey League: Take your EA SPORTS Hockey League team to the next level and build your brand by completing games, and leveling up your player and team to unlock customization items. Give your uniform a unique look or use the all-new Arena Creator to build the home ice you’ve always wanted.
  • Online Versus: Play NHL 17 online in a one vs. one environment. Own Every Zone with more end-to-end control with authentic goalies featuring positional awareness and Reactionary Save Intelligence, all-new Net Battles for offensive and defensive zone play, and dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations.
EA Sports is seeking feedback and opinions from the community about your playtime with the Beta. Be sure to leave impressions and thoughts on what you are playing in the comments below!

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Ownal0t @ 07/29/16 04:32 PM
yea those blow by goalie goals are op so far in both HUT so far and EASHL. in the game i played today dude scored 4 goals doing same thing over and over again. its like the goalie has no chance at all with it

# 162 SontaranChief @ 07/29/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
Tried to PM you a code but you are not receiving PM mail...hate to post it here due to someone snatching it up.
Hey could you send it to my email [email protected] possibly? I dont know how to set this up for pms. Thank you so much.

# 163 Formula1Racing @ 07/29/16 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SontaranChief
Hey could you send it to my email [email protected] possibly? I dont know how to set this up for pms. Thank you so much.
Sent..let me know when you get it....

# 164 Pens87crosby @ 07/29/16 08:02 PM
Shoot, i tried signing up and noticed that the registration has ended. Should've read my emails lol! Hate to be a pest or leech but if anyone has an extra ps4 code i would really appreciate it. Lol asked over at the ea forums but they just look at me hahaha. Being a senior member means nothing over there i suppose haha.

# 165 thedudedominick @ 07/29/16 08:52 PM
They just need to get rid of hustle. It breaks the online play. There is no penalty in EASHL if you just hustle the entire game.

# 166 bad_philanthropy @ 07/29/16 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
They just need to get rid of hustle. It breaks the online play. There is no penalty in EASHL if you just hustle the entire game.
I think you can have it, but make the cooldown really punitive. Like you're significantly slowed for a period after (effectively taking you out of the play).

# 167 thedudedominick @ 07/29/16 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I think you can have it, but make the cooldown really punitive. Like you're significantly slowed for a period after (effectively taking you out of the play).
Yeah if the fatigue actually mattered in EASHL I wouldn't mind it, but when you see at the midpoint of a period the other team has zero stamina when a fight happens, yet they can still outskate the AI Defense it's ridiculous.

# 168 MBizzle13 @ 07/29/16 09:26 PM
Anyone have an extra ps4 code??

# 169 Pens87crosby @ 07/29/16 09:46 PM
I wish they would have push the puck ahead instead of hustle. Was far better for that extra burst and u had to use it wisely.

# 170 jyoung @ 07/29/16 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens87crosby
I wish they would have push the puck ahead instead of hustle. Was far better for that extra burst and u had to use it wisely.
I've always felt that EA's NHL games played best when the acceleration/speed/agility ratings were the only thing that controlled your player's movement speed.

Adding an unlimited-use hustle button on L3 has made their gameplay less authentic and has destroyed the left joystick on countless controllers because people have to keep it clicked in so often throughout a match.

At least on Xbox One you can remap your controller's buttons to keep the hustle feature from breaking your left joystick.

# 171 Pens87crosby @ 07/29/16 11:26 PM
You can still map your buttons on ps4. Its under accessibility options i believe. I do agree, push puck was during that time bro.

# 172 SocialAssassin @ 07/30/16 01:30 AM
poke check, poke check, stick lift, hit, stick lift, poke check, hit. People really don't know how to play hockey.

In EASHL they're even worse. Looks like when you have tykes on the ice and they are all just chasing the puck. No one stays in position, they're all running around. EA NHL players are just really bad at the concept of hockey.

I'm sure there are good players out there, so far in the Beta I haven't come across them.

# 173 1OOT_Frost @ 07/30/16 01:53 AM
does anyone have an extra Xbox one code? please pm me

# 174 1OOT_Frost @ 07/30/16 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1OOT_Frost
or send an email to [email protected]. Thanks

# 175 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/30/16 09:26 AM
Hey guys,

I decided to hop on the Beta and I only had time for one game. I was the Blue Jackets (who I noticed are still wildly over-rated) against the Minnesota Wild. I noticed in the game, there wasn't much difference between my skaters, like at all. The same went for the opponent, I couldn't really tell who was who by their skating and movement.

It's almost identical to last season but I did notice two things.

Goalies position themselves better, but their reflexes are worse. Which is kind of odd to me.

Secondly, near the end of the game without changing any setting or strategy, my forwards and Dmen stayed back playing on the defensive zone while I pushed for breaks (I was winning) and his D men pressed up and allowed easy break away for my line forward.

On thing I hated, outside of it feeling exactly the same, is that goalie passing still has that ridiculous feel to it. Where it goes through the D to complete the pass, and you can't do anything about it.

Also in my game I tried gathering a puck behind my net, and it did the weird go through the back post and into the goal, but doesn't count as a goal.

Overall I will not be paying $60 for this game unless there's a fully functional online Be a GM mode. Of all of the sports games I've played, this FEELS (in the beta) most like a $60 roster update that so many people claimed games do.

# 176 Haeyena @ 07/30/16 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1OOT_Frost
do you still need one? LEt me know and i'l PM you one.

# 177 openicehit42 @ 07/30/16 11:48 AM
I have found the turning of skaters to be very slow; could have just been me though.

The beta is "alright"; get's me excited for hockey but not to to the point to where I'm dying to run out and buy this.

# 178 gigs505 @ 07/30/16 12:26 PM
Anyone got an extra ps4 code? Email: [email protected]

# 179 Ownal0t @ 07/30/16 02:01 PM
maybe its cause hockey isnt my main sport, but why are the forwards online trash

- why dont the forwards in EASHL help the defenders with 3 v 2 or 4 v2 (or 1) situations. i got hate mail in a game for apperently not being a good defender despite doing what i could to help defend our goalie on D on these 3v1 attacks. the forwards just stay at the blue line and watch.

like im sure in the real game , the forwards do help play D but here they swear they ae just playing their positions. which takes me to my next point....

- Why are the forwards just as horrible playing their natural position. they glory hog the puck and ends up screwing up a good goal or causing the 3 v 1 break i was just talking about. few people pass opening up other chances. or simply act like they dont know the rules to hockey.

this is killing the fun of the mode. the mentality of stupid players. ME playing Defender @ the blue line area seems to have a better offensive IQ than the people spaming forwards lmao

# 180 Splitter77 @ 07/30/16 04:11 PM
I'm playing hut single season.
How do I change settings? Its on rookie and way too easy

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.