Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has continued revealing their Madden NFL 17 player ratings today, as they announce the top 5 middle linebackers in the game. More detailed ratings can be seen in the official blog.

Check them out and post your thoughts!
  • Luke Kuechly (Overall 99)
  • Brandon Marshall (Overall 90)
  • Derrick Johnson (Overall 90)
  • Bobby Wagner (Overall 88)
  • Jamie Collins (Overall 88)
Previously released Madden NFL 17 player ratings:

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Godgers12 @ 07/29/16 11:32 AM
Woah 9 point difference between 1 and 2?

# 2 Vollin @ 07/29/16 11:44 AM
I'm really liking the desaturation of the top of the ratings scale. I'm excited to see what they've done this year with the whole range of ratings.

# 3 MoneyOvaHuds @ 07/29/16 12:04 PM
Hopefully Danny T and Freeman are 85 -87 because via PFF they were like top 5 ILB last year

# 4 Allball76 @ 07/29/16 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollin
I'm really liking the desaturation of the top of the ratings scale. I'm excited to see what they've done this year with the whole range of ratings.
Excited also wanna see the diffrence in game play . Infact with so many Broncos players in the top position of defense (Von Miller ,Marshall,Harris jr) .I like to see with the right person on the sticks would the Broncos dominate or/Cpu vs Cpu the Broncos defence should take over !

# 5 SolidSquid @ 07/29/16 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allball76
Excited also wanna see the diffrence in game play . Infact with so many Broncos players in the top position of defense (Von Miller ,Marshall,Harris jr) .I like to see with the right person on the sticks would the Broncos dominate or/Cpu vs Cpu the Broncos defence should take over !
Agreed about seeing the difference between players. I'll be severely disappointed is Marshal plays the same way Kuechley does and has success. Player differential needs to be there.

# 6 Caveman24 @ 07/29/16 12:58 PM
Damn, thought Bowman would be on here! He shouldn't be too far behind the top guys though.

# 7 Blazzen @ 07/29/16 01:01 PM
99 well deserved for Keuchly. A bit surprised at the distance between #1 and #2.

# 8 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/29/16 01:05 PM
I agree with this list.

# 9 The JareBear @ 07/29/16 01:53 PM
I was waiting for the first "Super Bowl" boosted Bronco to show up. I figured it would be Marshall or Ward.

Marshall is a good player, but #2 MLB? Yeesh. I dunno.

# 10 redsox4evur @ 07/29/16 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I was waiting for the first "Super Bowl" boosted Bronco to show up. I figured it would be Marshall or Ward.

Marshall is a good player, but #2 MLB? Yeesh. I dunno.
Yea I don't know if he is even better than Collins who was ranked 5th.

# 11 LowerWolf @ 07/29/16 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
Damn, thought Bowman would be on here! He shouldn't be too far behind the top guys though.
Guess they docked him for the knee injury. I'd still have him in the top five though.

# 12 DanB_DanB @ 07/29/16 03:09 PM
As a Bronco fan (yes a little biased) Marshall the past two years has been pretty lights out..Great athleticism, Rarely out of position, not a big hitter but doesn't miss many tackles, great in pursuit, solid but not elite in coverage. I didn't expect him to get the #2 spot but those ratings reflect his skills pretty accurately IMO.

# 13 The JareBear @ 07/29/16 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB_DanB
As a Bronco fan (yes a little biased) Marshall the past two years has been pretty lights out..Great athleticism, Rarely out of position, not a big hitter but doesn't miss many tackles, great in pursuit, solid but not elite in coverage. I didn't expect him to get the #2 spot but those ratings reflect his skills pretty accurately IMO.
I think he is a very solid, consistent player. I think I would take the other four guys on that list over him, though.

Don't get me wrong. I love the guy.

# 14 ednaaard @ 07/29/16 07:45 PM
When you watch Kuechly closely, it's easy to see how he deserves a 99 rating. Unbelievable intelligence and foresight. A real student.

# 15 Cam Fan @ 07/29/16 08:48 PM
#Luuuuuuuke #KeepPounding #51for51

# 16 qetuonz @ 07/30/16 04:22 AM
Really like the separation, but shocked Bowman isn't at least 88.
Hopefully that means good, not great, players are low 70s

# 17 raiderphantom @ 07/30/16 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Hopefully Danny T and Freeman are 85 -87 because via PFF they were like top 5 ILB last year
Yeah but I think it might've been Freeman's first positive graded year of his career, so taking that into account, sounds a tad flukey. I wouldn't jack up his rating too much IMO.

# 18 lambo3500 @ 07/30/16 12:31 PM
Wow, no bowman??

# 19 MoneyOvaHuds @ 07/30/16 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Yeah but I think it might've been Freeman's first positive graded year of his career, so taking that into account, sounds a tad flukey. I wouldn't jack up his rating too much IMO.

But it's based of year to year ratings not lifetime , last year he was really good so he should be credited so . If he declines that's what roster updates are for .

# 20 raiderphantom @ 07/30/16 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
But it's based of year to year ratings not lifetime , last year he was really good so he should be credited so . If he declines that's what roster updates are for .

It's not solely based on single year ratings. It's pretty subjective but tons of factors go into the overall. I apologize I forgot the new ratings czar's name but he even said so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.