Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K has just released another NBA 2K17 screenshot, this one featuring the 1992 Dream Team with Charles Barkley.

You can see the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s National Team with Coach K here.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 Scvllp @ 07/31/16 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom2311
I can make a better looking MJ using the limited CAP options they have lol.
Prove it, show us.

# 82 iAmSLASH @ 07/31/16 02:01 PM
RIP Coach Chuck Daly

# 83 VDusen04 @ 07/31/16 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmSLASH
RIP Coach Chuck Daly
Would have been real cool to see him included but I fully understand why it may have been tough to do so. One of my all-time faves.

# 84 sva91 @ 07/31/16 02:42 PM
Not bad but not great. I have a foolproof plan 2k can use to get perfect looking historic players.

1. Go to 2k modding websites.
2. Offer modders $100 a player.

Problem solved.

# 85 phenom2311 @ 07/31/16 04:38 PM
So will we be able to place any one of the Dream Team members on any roster we like when creating rosters?

# 86 VDusen04 @ 07/31/16 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom2311
So will we be able to place any one of the Dream Team members on any roster we like when creating rosters?
I'm not sure if I've read one way or the other yet. However, a short GameInformer article stated Charles Barkley wouldn't be present on any other teams (say, the '85 Sixers) and the Dream Team itself was pre-order only. Not a great sign in terms of roster flexibility but there's still hope.

# 87 daveberg @ 07/31/16 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Not bad but not great. I have a foolproof plan 2k can use to get perfect looking historic players.

1. Go to 2k modding websites.
2. Offer modders $100 a player.

Problem solved.
Not sure why 2k don't just hire a few modders to do the legends art work. Without knocking 2k's own art team, but it's clear the mod squad on PC have the time and talent on their hands to produce quality work.

No slight on 2k here - I'm extremely grateful for their legends work over all, but look at the discrepancy between the work below. One, a professional art team on a payroll, two, a (presumed) recreational modder/gamer.....

# 88 23 @ 07/31/16 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm not sure if I've read one way or the other yet. However, a short GameInformer article stated Charles Barkley wouldn't be present on any other teams (say, the '85 Sixers) and the Dream Team itself was pre-order only. Not a great sign in terms of roster flexibility but there's still hope.
Not that I know anything, but I could see this happening, as well as the generic shoes thing again as well.

# 89 daveberg @ 07/31/16 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not that I know anything, but I could see this happening, as well as the generic shoes thing again as well.
Seems like it's going down this road - we should all be prepared for it.

Still, at least Barkley is in the Dream team. Guess we should be grateful for that.

# 90 23 @ 07/31/16 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Seems like it's going down this road - we should all be prepared for it.

Still, at least Barkley is in the Dream team. Guess we should be grateful for that.
Ill be one of the first to use it in any way possible if I can..but I stopped hoping for loud mouth long time ago after 2k12.

Could've been eliminated with a really great CAP mode and CAT mode..

I'm glad to have them in there don't get me wrong at all, and this isn't really about 2k...but Chuck is stubborn man.

# 91 Scvllp @ 07/31/16 05:29 PM
I'm sure the Dream Team will have generic shoes, there is a reason they didn't show their feet like the current players.

# 92 daveberg @ 07/31/16 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scvllp
I'm sure the Dream Team will have generic shoes, there is a reason they didn't show their feet like the current players.
That's just.....pfffft. No excuse for that really. Not when there are tons upon tons of shoes in the game, most at our disposal for editing and assigning.

The least they can do is give us the option to edit them ourselves.

# 93 Junior Moe @ 07/31/16 05:43 PM
I don't know what it is but graphically it reminds me of 2K13. I just popped it in on the PS3 after looking at 2K12 and there's that same waxy/clayish look. You can really see it if you look at the player models on the team select screen in 2K12 then look at the same ones on 2K13. I like it.

# 94 Insight23 @ 07/31/16 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Not sure why 2k don't just hire a few modders to do the legends art work. Without knocking 2k's own art team, but it's clear the mod squad on PC have the time and talent on their hands to produce quality work.

No slight on 2k here - I'm extremely grateful for their legends work over all, but look at the discrepancy between the work below. One, a professional art team on a payroll, two, a (presumed) recreational modder/gamer.....

I would love for this to happen. When players that modders have done get posted on this site there is always a few users that say "they couldn't do that from scratch, they had to build on what 2k already did" which could very well be true & if so how about they work together.

Hire a few modders. I'm ok with the quality not being as good possibly because modders do it for PC 2K & not consoles. Which means they may be limited to what can be done on consoles but I would imagine it would still be better than the work 2k has done. Which isn't terrible, but could be a lot better.

# 95 BobbyColtrane @ 07/31/16 07:06 PM
Just checking in with this...

# 96 LeBronistheKing @ 07/31/16 07:39 PM
Someone please come and confirm that the Pippen shown here will replace the 1993 Bulls Pippen that is just the 1991 Pippen which could use an update anyway. Also please please please give us some scanned Nike Up Tempos finally. The 96 Pippen has never looked right without them.

# 97 daveberg @ 07/31/16 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
Someone please come and confirm that the Pippen shown here will replace the 1993 Bulls Pippen that is just the 1991 Pippen which could use an update anyway. Also please please please give us some scanned Nike Up Tempos finally. The 96 Pippen has never looked right without them.
Right there with you.

Here's some Pippen mods from the PC - 2k, are you looking at these...

# 98 daveberg @ 07/31/16 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondToNoneCity
I found this complete list of shoes worn by the Dream Team:

http://solecollector.com/news/2016/0...eaker-auction/

In case somebody wants to pass that along to 2K
Great find! Hope we get more retro shoes back in this year!!

# 99 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/31/16 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Again.....I'd rather have this team in the game than not have them in the game.
So I won't complain or nitpick the screen shot.

Long live the classic teams!

Old school hoop heads unite !
Completely agree!

# 100 GisherJohn24 @ 07/31/16 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Bird the best he's looked in years in 2K.

Bird looked nearly perfect in 2k12 and so did Jordan. I don't understand why they can't improve the retro guys for next gen. Jordan is just embarrassing.

These screen shots are from 12.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.