Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has opened up their Madden NFL 17 player ratings database, where you can check all of the player ratings for every team. The Top 16 players at each position can be seen here.

Check out the database and post your thoughts!

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 BleedGreen710 @ 08/04/16 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Just small lol's, Corey grant, KR for the jags runs a 4.25 yet has 96 speed with 90 acc.
if it makes you feel any better, he's tied for fastest player in the league.

# 142 Find_the_Door @ 08/04/16 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldee7
Exactly it makes no sense at all.
Every player is different in pads

# 143 cdub71323 @ 08/04/16 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
This. They don't just use the Combine numbers as their only means to rate incoming rookies

Now can someone at EA put the Free Agent ratings up too? Pretty Please

# 144 KickassJohnson @ 08/04/16 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub71323
This. They don't just use the Combine numbers as their only means to rate incoming rookies

Now can someone at EA put the Free Agent ratings up too? Pretty Please
Do they watch college film then? Because nobody has played in pads yet, at least for EA to evaluate on the professional level. Please someone explain to me how they evaluate rookies.

A 5 point difference in speed is huge at the DB position. It's probably the most important attribute for those guys. Don't understand how you guys are justifying this so easily.

# 145 TexInOrd @ 08/04/16 08:50 AM
It's curious that the fastest player in the game is Brandon Cooks with 96 speed. He ran a 4.33 40 at the combine.

Will Fuller, rookie WR for the Texans ran a 4.32 and has 93 speed.

Deandre Hopkins ran a 4.65 and has 92 speed.

Why such inconsistency? I liked last years speed ratings, based off 40 times much better. Its back to being subjective it seems.

# 146 manEATgod @ 08/04/16 09:43 AM
I actually hate it being based off of 40 times. Game speed is way different that 40 speed and that's why guys like Hopkins can get higher speed ratings than their 40 yard dashes suggest. A new rookie for the Ravens, Chris Moore from Cincinnati,only ran a 4.53 in the 40 but has 90 speed. I think that's fair based on the film showing he has stellar game speed and acceleration while Kenneth Dixon ran a 4.58 and is 3 points lower at 87 speed.

Also Perriman would still be the fastest in the game with 97 speed if he hadn't got injured, especially it being his knee. But his speed was mostly based on his 40 time as some scouts claim he isn't nearly that fast on the field.

I want more speed ratings based on looking at the tape.

# 147 Gosens6 @ 08/04/16 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
Do they watch college film then? Because nobody has played in pads yet, at least for EA to evaluate on the professional level. Please someone explain to me how they evaluate rookies.

A 5 point difference in speed is huge at the DB position. It's probably the most important attribute for those guys. Don't understand how you guys are justifying this so easily.
How do you know KANE doesn't watch college ball? Is his football knowledge confined to just the NFL?

He could very well have done extensive scouting for the incoming rookies.

# 148 steeldee7 @ 08/04/16 10:36 AM
That's where awareness comes in But if acceleration is based of shuttle times. Then speed should still be based of foot speed I don't care how fast they react But straight line speed in Madden is huge. I know Jalen Ramsey is a better player than Burns, but is he faster runner? I know this will probably be fixed in a patch. But for a player who is considered to have world class speed to be slower that some tight ends is bewildering to say the the least.

# 149 Dj_MyTime @ 08/04/16 10:39 AM
I honestly don't get why so many trip on the ratings...WE CAN EDIT THEM!

Whether you are an Offline League guy, or an Online League guy custom rosters can be imported. So it really doesn't matter if you don't like them, fix them to your preference.

I appreciate the releasing of all teams/players in what seems earlier than past years. Our league uses a custom roster so no matter how the ratings are done we can still make tweaks here and there for players that may be over/under-rated in OUR opinion.

# 150 Chiefsfan881129 @ 08/04/16 11:22 AM
Too bad There no free agent ratings as I'm interested in seeing Nick Foles Ratings now that he the chiefs backup im sure it's 70+ either way Looks like I'll be running Foles & Hogan as my top backups Hogan 80 speed will be nice & he clearly has the best shot of developing in madden he's looking good in camp so far & will likely be the 3rd Team qb for real....

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

# 151 StayPlation82 @ 08/04/16 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime

Whether you are an Offline League guy, or an Online League guy custom rosters can be imported. So it really doesn't matter if you don't like them, fix them to your preference.

I appreciate the releasing of all teams/players in what seems earlier than past years. Our league uses a custom roster so no matter how the ratings are done we can still make tweaks here and there for players that may be over/under-rated in OUR opinion.
Can't edit the online head to head roster.

it looks like to me Ramsey has that speed in order to keep up with the elite receivers. who seems to hover around that 93 mark. his draft selection says the NFL think he'll be elite so madden projects him that way. i would much rather see physical skills that can be measured applied uniformly across the board. then make the intangibles the reason they get beat or dominate on the field.

# 152 Dj_MyTime @ 08/04/16 11:36 AM
Not a fan of online head to head games given the quality of users out there, so for those stuck with ratings they don't like I feel for you.

I'll stick to online CFM's where quality games are essentially a guaranteed, and edits can be made when necessary.

# 153 Hova57 @ 08/04/16 11:42 AM
Honestly we're talking about ratings on 8/4 no preseason or regular season games have been played it will all work out..if you don't like them you can edit the rosters and start your season

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 154 NFLfan80 @ 08/04/16 11:57 AM
Shazier only a 79?

# 155 cdub71323 @ 08/04/16 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
Too bad There no free agent ratings as I'm interested in seeing Nick Foles Ratings now that he the chiefs backup im sure
I feel your pain man. I keep mentioning it in hopes someone working on Madden reads this and gets it to the right people

# 156 That Army Allen @ 08/04/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armige
Winston, Bridgewater, ryan,Bortles, carr,cousins, taylor ,smith are in no way better than Flacco.
Flacco has had one or two ok regular seasons and one great postseason. All those qbs are close to each other in that tier 2 qb area.

# 157 Mauer4MVP @ 08/04/16 04:57 PM
One other underrated Viking is Danielle Hunter. The dude is an animal and may end up starting for the Vikings. I think he'll become the Vikings best pass rusher this year or next.

# 158 brza37 @ 08/05/16 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime

How do you agree on ratings being changed in an online league? I'm sure people would scream bloody murder in most online leagues if their players ratings were dropped or the commishs' ratings were raised.

# 159 kevlar_pso @ 08/05/16 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
One other underrated Viking is Danielle Hunter. The dude is an animal and may end up starting for the Vikings. I think he'll become the Vikings best pass rusher this year or next.
Hunter is arguably one of the biggest physical freaks in the league. In his rookie season I poured all my game prep into him. He won so many awards, he ended up as a 99 Speed Rusher once the season was over. One thing is for sure, the MN pass rush is going to be huge in the NFL this coming season. A lot of analysists are predicting the Griffen could lead the league in sacks. Couple that with Hunter and Robison coming off the other edge, and you have a crazy edge rush.

# 160 Mauer4MVP @ 08/05/16 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar_pso
Hunter is arguably one of the biggest physical freaks in the league. In his rookie season I poured all my game prep into him. He won so many awards, he ended up as a 99 Speed Rusher once the season was over. One thing is for sure, the MN pass rush is going to be huge in the NFL this coming season. A lot of analysists are predicting the Griffen could lead the league in sacks. Couple that with Hunter and Robison coming off the other edge, and you have a crazy edge rush.
Yep he's an absolute freak. With Zimmer he is going to become a top tier pass rusher.

#notevenfair

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.