Home
PES 2017 News Post

Tons of PES 2017 gameplay videos and screenshots will be released today. We will update this post as more arrive. Check out the links below and post your thoughts!

Game: PES 2017Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 ShaiLeGran @ 08/06/16 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Unfortunately the more videos I watch the less I like the game.

I think it's the best visual soccer game I've ever seen and it has the best player models.

But the pinpoint passing..super defensive turbo and tackling kill the vibe for me. Especially since those are things that I cannot adjust with sliders.

I really want to like this game.
This! My thoughts as well. Take note Konami.

# 42 ShaiLeGran @ 08/06/16 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emack32
I'd definitely like to see some things taken from fifa that require no license, like no black out screens, continuous play, ball boys tossing balls in when the ball goes out of play, subs running the sideline, stat and story overlays etc. These are things that help with immersion that Pes should definitely be able to add.
Again, Konami take note from your costumers. All very good points!

# 43 Matt10 @ 08/06/16 02:22 PM
My thoughts on the current build that we've been seeing.

# 44 fearwhatnow @ 08/07/16 10:09 AM
The fact is that a mobile focused company with the same devs since 2009 in their PES department can't make a proper football game. That's why they are still incapable to fix the collision system regarding fouls and they don't even bother to spend a week to fix the goalkeepers.
The game will suffer from the exact same issues as last year.
And they still have THAT guy who hates pc customers.

# 45 dubcity @ 08/07/16 09:47 PM
The skating is just ugly in some of these videos. I feel like this is what we get when people complain about "responsiveness."

# 46 fearwhatnow @ 08/08/16 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
The skating is just ugly in some of these videos. I feel like this is what we get when people complain about "responsiveness."
These videos are disappointing beyond words. Skating, no footplant at all, players roaming out of position and then sprinting like chickens to get back in position, goalkeepers diving in slow motion, same tackling animations over and over with the ball travelling just 1m every time after a tackle, floaty ball physics. I can carry on with all the negatives for 2 pages. They don't even bother to sit just for 3 hours to introduce new replays. It's just 3 (THREE) hours of dev work.
But they don't care. They won't even listen to customers. Most of the devs that created the PES masterpieces a decade ago are long gone.

# 47 bestbrother @ 08/08/16 01:43 PM
Personally and take this comment based on me ignoring the majority of Player vs Player videos, as I dont play PES that way.

Im content with what ive seen so far. Id love to see more 'manual' vs good level AI videos to get a better feel for it, but all in, some of the glaring flaws from 16 appear to be improved on.

Keepers for the best part look better and do better, there appears to be a bit more variety in the AI attacking play and the animations as a whole have come on, albeit with a few niggles.

At the end of the day, its the sort of game you need in your hands to really know if you are going to get anything from it. The demo will help on that front and as such im open minded to this going either way for me right now.

# 48 Sneaky Deaky @ 08/08/16 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
These videos are disappointing beyond words. Skating, no footplant at all, players roaming out of position and then sprinting like chickens to get back in position, goalkeepers diving in slow motion, same tackling animations over and over with the ball travelling just 1m every time after a tackle, floaty ball physics. I can carry on with all the negatives for 2 pages. They don't even bother to sit just for 3 hours to introduce new replays. It's just 3 (THREE) hours of dev work.
But they don't care. They won't even listen to customers. Most of the devs that created the PES masterpieces a decade ago are long gone.

Wow you and Matt are so right, I can't stand watching the constant shifting out of position, no player slows down, everyone is moving off the ball one way or the other. Players turn so quick it's chaotic.

Football is a game that can be slowed down to walking, even standing, pace. And it can be highly disciplined; rigid even. Football can also be fast as lightening, fluid and free. I don't see that in this game, I just see chaotic end to end stuff. Of course a lot of the players playing are sprinting forward themselves at every chance: that makes the AI play faster. I've always noticed in PES if YOU slow down, so does the AI.

The Goalkeepers look better though.

# 49 stevostl @ 08/09/16 03:13 PM
looks like keepers are better.... referees are better.. and tactics are fantastic... also love hearing the impressions about the buildup and different way different teams and players look and feel.. these are the things I like with PES that I don't like about FIFA.

my biggest gripe with pes 2016 was the broken foul system.... but despite that I still somewhat enjoyed PES offline gameplay and the way of playing football more at times than I do with FIFA offline with sliders... it's more like the real thing for me personally... I mainly stuck with FIFA online last year

can't wait to give this demo a test

# 50 flo182 @ 08/13/16 07:46 AM
Faces look amazing.

Defending looks horrible.

Animations still look like they're from 2006. Seems like players can only move in 8-different directions and there is no space between these 8 different angles...

# 51 Matt10 @ 08/13/16 12:32 PM
This is PES 16 on the PC, global edits used. Just wanted to see how it would play so I can prep for what PES 17 may end up needing. Some adjustments made a big difference. This gives me hope, as long as PES 17 remains the same code as PES 16 and all the other PES since PES 4 in terms of some player ratings not meaning anything.

# 52 emack32 @ 08/14/16 11:54 PM

# 53 NYG88 @ 08/16/16 06:14 PM
I've got a couple of questions, I've played pes in the past but never bought it because of the fictional English teams. For PS4 will I be able to update the team names, logos, uniforms? Also about the file sharing on PS4 does this mean that if someone uploads all these updates online I can simply download them from the file sharing and it will be updated, or will I have to go through all the teams manual? Also are there file sharings for other leagues that have fictional or missing teams in that league?

# 54 Matt10 @ 08/17/16 01:19 PM
No more freak-out over-aggressive defensive animations. Slowed down pace of play. Seeing a lot more evidence of the first touch feature.

This is looking really good. Someone tell them to stop while they're ahead now .

Gamescom Demo

Gamescom Gameplay

# 55 RoyceDa59 @ 08/17/16 02:11 PM
I agree Matt, I didn't expect them to clean so much up off those little niggles a lot of us had from the earlier build they shared. Looking forward to see more.

# 56 dubcity @ 08/17/16 03:38 PM
The IGN demo/interview with Bhatti has me EXTREMELY optimistic.

# 57 RoyceDa59 @ 08/17/16 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
The IGN demo/interview with Bhatti has me EXTREMELY optimistic.
I know how you feel, part me of still feels like they will fudge this up someway somehow.

# 58 dubcity @ 08/17/16 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I know how you feel, part me of still feels like they will fudge this up someway somehow.
The first-touch will be key to me. It needs to be realistic. Along with the defensive positioning, as Matt talks about. They may patch it out later, after people complain about it being "slow" and "unresponsive," but at least give us a few months with it lol.

# 59 stevostl @ 08/17/16 04:49 PM
yeah they always constantly tweak it though..

but yeah it does look really good to me. I can't wait to test the demo for myself to see how it feels

but I specifically remember a few times or at least once I thought the demo gameplay in recent years was better than the actual game when it released.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.