Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

After releasing the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the AFC teams yesterday, EA Sports have posted the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the NFC teams today. They have included the overall team rating, as well as offensive and defensive team ratings.

Check them out below and post your thoughts!
  • Carolina Panthers - Overall 87 (Offense 91 - Defense 87)
  • Green Bay Packers - Overall 85 (Offense 89 - Defense 85)
  • Seattle Seahawks - Overall 85 (Offense 83 - Defense 89)
  • Arizona Cardinals - Overall 84 (Offense 91 - Defense 81)
  • Dallas Cowboys - Overall 84 (Offense 89 - Defense 83)
  • Atlanta Falcons - Overall 81 (Offense 89 - Defense 79)
  • Minnesota Vikings - Overall 81 (Offense 81 - Defense 87)
  • Detroit Lions - Overall 80 (Offense 81 - Defense 83)
  • New York Giants - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • Philadelphia Eagles - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • New Orleans Saints - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 79)
  • Washington Redskins - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Los Angeles Rams - Overall 78 (Offense 79 - Defense 81)
  • San Francisco 49ers - Overall 75 (Offense 75 - Defense 79)
  • Chicago Bears - Overall 74 (Offense 73 - Defense 77)

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 TheKingOfVa @ 08/05/16 01:27 PM
Not understanding how a Cardinals defense that has been top 5 for 3 straight years is only an 81? They added Chandler Jones and a beast 1st round pick Dlineman to an already great defense. Also, not understanding how a team fresh of a 13 win season and NFC Championship is an 84 yet the Cowboys are an 84.

# 42 Birdman18 @ 08/05/16 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
Not understanding how a Cardinals defense that has been top 5 for 3 straight years is only an 81? They added Chandler Jones and a beast 1st round pick Dlineman to an already great defense. Also, not understanding how a team fresh of a 13 win season and NFC Championship is an 84 yet the Cowboys are an 84.

I agree about the Cardinals... That secondary along with Buchanon should've had them much higher. Top 3 defense in the NFL

# 43 TheKingOfVa @ 08/05/16 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I'm convinced ratings guy has a issue with the Skins. Outside of RB I'd put the Skins offense up against any team in the league talent wise. I'm ok with the defensive ratings until they prove otherwise. Thank god for edits because theres some serious shafting going on with alot of teams.

Another thing to note is that once cuts are made ratings will go up after releasing low grade players.

He does have something against the Skins, that is what happens when you let a Cowboys fan be in charge of the Madden ratings.

# 44 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 01:32 PM
I feel like the Eagles got rid of bad players and replaced them with decent players..just gotta let preseason play out

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 45 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 01:33 PM
Romo Dez and that oline ratings shouldn't be after the season they had last year

# 46 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 01:34 PM
At the least that line should have poor pass blocking ..Romo was injured on a pass play,Dez was injured,but his catching was awful

# 47 TheKingOfVa @ 08/05/16 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
I agree about the Cardinals... That secondary along with Buchanon should've had them much higher. Top 3 defense in the NFL
I usually don't complain about player ratings but Buchanon is a 78 when he played at a borderline pro bowl level. Also, Chandler Jones is in his prime and had 11.5 sacks last season but is only an 82. If he remained on the Patriots he would be an 88. Certain teams like the Patriots and Cowboys got all the love for the ratings.

# 48 Birdman18 @ 08/05/16 01:36 PM
Quote:
I usually don't complain about player ratings but Buchanon is a 78 when he played at a borderline pro bowl level. Also, Chandler Jones is in his prime and had 11.5 sacks last season but is only an 82. If he remained on the Patriots he would be an 88. Certain teams like the Patriots and Cowboys got all the love for the ratings.

Truthfully, I'm not too impressed with the ratings across the board. I like that there's only 3 99 overall players.. but there's a ton of head scratchers

# 49 roadman @ 08/05/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
Truthfully, I'm not too impressed with the ratings across the board. I like that there's only 3 99 overall players.. but there's a ton of head scratchers
There always will be a ton of head scratchers because not everyone can agree with everything.

# 50 TheKingOfVa @ 08/05/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
I feel the same way, a lot of head scratching ratings. Even on my Cardinals I can't understand how TE Jermaine Greshman is an 84 and one of the best run blocking TE's. He did nothing last season to deserve a rating that high. But it is great that there is only a few players rated over 96.

# 51 CM Hooe @ 08/05/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
At the least that line should have poor pass blocking ..Romo was injured on a pass play,Dez was injured,but his catching was awful

Pro Football Focus graded the Cowboys offensive line as the best in 2015 in both run blocking and pass blocking, and they also rated Travis Frederick as the best pass blocking center in football last year. Tyron Smith and Zack Martin also finished as top 3 players at their positions in PFF, and Doug Free finished in the top 10 among his peers.

Me personally, I don't put a whole lot of stock in PFF grades. However, Madden has very openly embraced PFF to guide its ratings, so it makes sense that the Cowboys would be rated highly on the OL, given how PFF has so favorably graded them.

# 52 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 01:52 PM
How many games did they win,by that premise it shouldn't matter if they are protecting the qb yet qbs were running for their life..

# 53 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 01:52 PM
Dallas is always over rated watch how many times Romo has to scramble and not sit and throw..smh

# 54 Datninja619 @ 08/05/16 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
So the Cards defense is rated 81 OVR? Worse than the Ravens, Giants, Cowboys, Titans, Eagles, Lions and Chargers? Ok.
Might be due to the front 7 weakness.

# 55 noplace @ 08/05/16 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Lol our defense gives better rating..unknown at rb Te is the best position for you guys then tackle. Other than Norman who do you have on defense other than a group of guys historically injured.

Defensively the Skins have some holes, but players like Baker, Breeland, Kerrigan, Smith and D. Hall are good players. Add in draft picks Cravens and Fuller tne defense should be improved from last year. My issue is with the Skins offense.

# 56 TheKingOfVa @ 08/05/16 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Might be due to the front 7 weakness.
How is the front 7 weak? The unit was a top 3 defense last year and top 5 over the last 3 years. They have guys like Calais Campbell, 1st round pick Robert Nkemdiche, 11.5 sacks Chandler Jones, Markus Golden (rated as the best rookie pass rusher last year according to PFF), Deone Buchanan, and a deep dline rotation. There is zero excuse for several bad defenses to be ranked ahead of a 13-3 Cardinals defense who ranked highly. PFF had them ranked as a top 3 defense.

# 57 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 02:17 PM
Honestly some rookies are rated better than others ,and offensive first skins qb got ratings for 9 games he played well so they may have been a little harsh,but their wr group seems like they under rated as if they under achieved last year

# 58 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 02:21 PM
Quote:
How is the front 7 weak? The unit was a top 3 defense last year and top 5 over the last 3 years. They have guys like Calais Campbell, 1st round pick Robert Nkemdiche, 11.5 sacks Chandler Jones, Markus Golden (rated as the best rookie pass rusher last year according to PFF), Deone Buchanan, and a deep dline rotation. There is zero excuse for several bad defenses to be ranked ahead of a 13-3 Cardinals defense who ranked highly. PFF had them ranked as a top 3 defense.
Scheme change for Jones, nkemdiche is unknown how well he will do because of his inconsistent play in college and lost of your DT may have attributed to that

# 59 Datninja619 @ 08/05/16 02:21 PM
Quote:
I was more so referring to the OVR of those named players in Madden.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

# 60 jpdavis82 @ 08/05/16 02:29 PM
Thank God for player editing this year(in general, I actually agree with most of Kane's ratings) but that won't fix the team ratings, I don't understand how there's no formula for these, where does the OVR come from because some of these team ratings are pretty accurate while others are remarkably confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.