Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

After releasing the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the AFC teams yesterday, EA Sports have posted the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the NFC teams today. They have included the overall team rating, as well as offensive and defensive team ratings.

Check them out below and post your thoughts!
  • Carolina Panthers - Overall 87 (Offense 91 - Defense 87)
  • Green Bay Packers - Overall 85 (Offense 89 - Defense 85)
  • Seattle Seahawks - Overall 85 (Offense 83 - Defense 89)
  • Arizona Cardinals - Overall 84 (Offense 91 - Defense 81)
  • Dallas Cowboys - Overall 84 (Offense 89 - Defense 83)
  • Atlanta Falcons - Overall 81 (Offense 89 - Defense 79)
  • Minnesota Vikings - Overall 81 (Offense 81 - Defense 87)
  • Detroit Lions - Overall 80 (Offense 81 - Defense 83)
  • New York Giants - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • Philadelphia Eagles - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • New Orleans Saints - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 79)
  • Washington Redskins - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Los Angeles Rams - Overall 78 (Offense 79 - Defense 81)
  • San Francisco 49ers - Overall 75 (Offense 75 - Defense 79)
  • Chicago Bears - Overall 74 (Offense 73 - Defense 77)

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If player ratings are solely based on wins and losses, every player on the Broncos deserves 99 OVR.

That assertion is obviously stupid, and there is obviously far more to determining player ratings than that.
It was more about the play of the team than just ratings. To point out that for the good they say that line is it didn't result in wins which is a goal of football what's the point of having a highly rated team that don't win

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 82 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
What are you talking about? He might be the most criticized player in all of sports.
He would not be with the same team for 12 yrs if he was on any other team.

# 83 CM Hooe @ 08/05/16 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57

Tony Romo is #3 all-time in passer rating, behind only Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers. Among active players, he is 3rd in career touchdown %, again behind only Wilson and Rodgers in both categories. He's fourth amongst active players in career yards-per-attempt, behind Rodgers, Wilson, and Ben Roethlisberger.

He'd be just fine on any other team.

# 84 underdog13 @ 08/05/16 04:28 PM
Quote:

Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck, Stafford, Eli, Philip Rivers say hi

# 85 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 04:38 PM
Cutler was traded 4yrs after being drafted by broncos,Eli won 2 superbowls rivers made numerous playoff appearances 2 or 3 years afc champion, hassleback made it to a superbowl, Stafford has had all the talent and done nothing not to mention he missed his most of his first 2 years to injury.

# 86 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Tony Romo is #3 all-time in passer rating, behind only Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers. Among active players, he is 3rd in career touchdown %, again behind only Wilson and Rodgers in both categories. He's fourth amongst active players in career yards-per-attempt, behind Rodgers, Wilson, and Ben Roethlisberger.

He'd be just fine on any other team.
And I did say statistically he's a good player,but it doesn't translate to wins not to mention the players u named except for Ben has been in the league less years than he has. And they all have won SB .

# 87 Mauer4MVP @ 08/05/16 04:49 PM
Quote:
And I did say statistically he's a good player,but it doesn't translate to wins not to mention the players u named except for Ben has been in the league less years than he has. And they all have won SB .

This is where too much blame and credit goes on the shoulders of a QB.

# 88 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
This is where too much blame and credit goes on the shoulders of a QB.
Very true some of those defenses that was on that team was bad,but it also forced them to throw more hence why his stats are good.

# 89 underdog13 @ 08/05/16 04:51 PM
Quote:
Cutler was traded 4yrs after being drafted by broncos,Eli won 2 superbowls rivers made numerous playoff appearances 2 or 3 years afc champion, hassleback made it to a superbowl, Stafford has had all the talent and done nothing not to mention he missed his most of his first 2 years to injury.

Cutler is going into his 8th season as a Bear

Rivers hasn't won a divisional playoff game since 2007.

Eli is one of the most inconsistent NFl qb's, has a career record of 97-86

Romo has a career record of 78-49

Stafford missing time to injury? Sounds a lot like a Cowboys QB I know...

Oh and I forgot to mention that Romo has a better career qb passer rating than all the qb mentioned.

Also He has a better playoff passer rating than all them as well.. So much for being unclutch.

# 90 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 04:55 PM
And again where does those stats get him how many playoff wins does he have. All I'm saying is the ratings doesn't translate to the game on the field he barely played last year . Lol leave Eli alone he's done something in the NFC east nobody has done since 1995.

# 91 underdog13 @ 08/05/16 05:00 PM
Quote:
And again where does those stats get him how many playoff wins does he have. All I'm saying is the ratings doesn't translate to the game on the field he barely played last year . Lol leave Eli alone he's done something in the NFC east nobody has done since 1995.

It shows he wouldn't get run out of town if he played for a different team like you suggested.

# 92 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 05:15 PM
The football is about wins and loses and making it as far as u can to reach and win SB, he can have all the stats but still under achieve that goes for any player

# 93 Mauer4MVP @ 08/05/16 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Cutler is going into his 8th season as a Bear
That's blowing my mind right now.

# 94 michaelhawj @ 08/05/16 06:08 PM
lol Cowboys defense is 83 : that's nonsense because defense is pretty decent due DE/DT and cb are medicore

# 95 jezatron @ 08/05/16 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

After releasing the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the AFC teams yesterday, EA Sports have posted the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the NFC teams today. They have included the overall team rating, as well as offensive and defensive team ratings.

Check them out below and post your thoughts!
  • Carolina Panthers - Overall 87 (Offense 91 - Defense 87)
  • Green Bay Packers - Overall 85 (Offense 89 - Defense 85)
  • Seattle Seahawks - Overall 85 (Offense 83 - Defense 89)
  • Arizona Cardinals - Overall 84 (Offense 91 - Defense 81)
  • Dallas Cowboys - Overall 84 (Offense 89 - Defense 83)
  • Atlanta Falcons - Overall 81 (Offense 89 - Defense 79)
  • Minnesota Vikings - Overall 81 (Offense 81 - Defense 87)
  • Detroit Lions - Overall 80 (Offense 81 - Defense 83)
  • New York Giants - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • Philadelphia Eagles - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • New Orleans Saints - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 79)
  • Washington Redskins - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Los Angeles Rams - Overall 78 (Offense 79 - Defense 81)
  • San Francisco 49ers - Overall 75 (Offense 75 - Defense 79)
  • Chicago Bears - Overall 74 (Offense 73 - Defense 77)

I'm an Eagles fan, for full disclosure. That said... I'm not about to argue we should be ranked higher. We were a shambles last year, and I don't think this year is going to be good either. I would argue our defense will be a lot better this year but I think our offense will be even worse than last year.

But I'm not posting to talk about the Eagles to be honest. These ratings are garbage. The Panthers and Cardinals were on another level in the NFC last year. Their superiority is not reflected adequately here. There should be a significant gap between them and the rest of the pack.

I agree with a previous poster that the skins deserve more credit. Whether they are heading for a fall or not this year; these ratings should reflect last years performance predominantly, and they were pretty solid over the season.

That said, the East was awful. Whilst I feel that Washington should be at the top of the middling teams, the rest of us in the east really should be occupying the basement rankings.

Dallas, in particular, are massively overrated once again. I am not a Romo *****, he is a good QB and seems like a pretty decent guy. Dez is talented, the Oline is one of the top units and I think Zeke will be good for them, but Dallas were also awful last year, and not simply because of Romo being injured either. They were 4-12... One of the worst teams in the league, and yet ranked as one of the best. Hillarious.

A good team takes more than running up individual stats, and stats don't win games. Precisely why I never have been one of the Eagles fans who saw mcnabb as some kind of God.

Lastly... Green Bay... I have so much respect for the way that team is run, they seem to have great scouting... But the Vikes should definitely be rated above them. Come on man. Aaron Rogers is probably the best QB I the league, but the team as a hole just wasn't that good last year. Minnesota played good team football and showed they can grind it out and win games. If I was a Vikes fan I would be pissed off.

I think with all teams you can make arguments that they will change this year based off coaching changes, acquisitions and departures... And that's fine. But these rankings right now as we are in preseason should really reflect last year, until teams go out there and start turning potential into reality by improving their performances this year. At which point I don't think anyone would argue with the ratings being adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 96 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 06:31 PM
I still think Bradford is overrated for med and deep accuracy missed too many of those wheel routed2

# 97 jezatron @ 08/05/16 06:33 PM
Quote:
I still think Bradford is overrated for med and deep accuracy missed too many of those wheel routed2

I think it would be good to have accuracy and accuracy consistency ratings. Sometimes he lasers it and the ball placement is immaculate and then another throw will just sail away. Consistency is so important in a QB Aaron Rodgers blows me away

# 98 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 06:34 PM
I'm kinda mad that byron marshall jukes and agility isn't higher when that was his MO in college

# 99 Find_the_Door @ 08/05/16 06:45 PM
Quote:

The organization values stability and consistency. That's why they kept Garrett on after years of 8-8. They know neither Garrett or Romo are the problem.

# 100 jezatron @ 08/05/16 06:45 PM
Quote:
I'm kinda mad that byron marshall jukes and agility isn't higher when that was his MO in college

LOL I feel you but I can allow them making detail errors like that on UDFAs and fringe guys. That's a whole can of worms! I imagine fans of every team in the league can pick out errors on UDFAs and practice squad dudes. I mean it's reasonable to think a company the size of EA could get that a bit more accurate but kinda subjective until the players get out there and start playing.

If the dude gets out there and starts doing it against NFL players his rankings will show up I'm sure

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.