Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

After releasing the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the AFC teams yesterday, EA Sports have posted the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the NFC teams today. They have included the overall team rating, as well as offensive and defensive team ratings.

Check them out below and post your thoughts!
  • Carolina Panthers - Overall 87 (Offense 91 - Defense 87)
  • Green Bay Packers - Overall 85 (Offense 89 - Defense 85)
  • Seattle Seahawks - Overall 85 (Offense 83 - Defense 89)
  • Arizona Cardinals - Overall 84 (Offense 91 - Defense 81)
  • Dallas Cowboys - Overall 84 (Offense 89 - Defense 83)
  • Atlanta Falcons - Overall 81 (Offense 89 - Defense 79)
  • Minnesota Vikings - Overall 81 (Offense 81 - Defense 87)
  • Detroit Lions - Overall 80 (Offense 81 - Defense 83)
  • New York Giants - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • Philadelphia Eagles - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • New Orleans Saints - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 79)
  • Washington Redskins - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Los Angeles Rams - Overall 78 (Offense 79 - Defense 81)
  • San Francisco 49ers - Overall 75 (Offense 75 - Defense 79)
  • Chicago Bears - Overall 74 (Offense 73 - Defense 77)

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 06:46 PM
All teams should value that as long as there is progress and consistency.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 102 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezatron
LOL I feel you but I can allow them making detail errors like that on UDFAs and fringe guys. That's a whole can of worms! I imagine fans of every team in the league can pick out errors on UDFAs and practice squad dudes. I mean it's reasonable to think a company the size of EA could get that a bit more accurate but kinda subjective until the players get out there and start playing.

If the dude gets out there and starts doing it against NFL players his rankings will show up I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know some basics should be accounted for..lol but it's just 2 attributes move up 2-3

# 103 jezatron @ 08/05/16 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
The organization values stability and consistency. That's why they kept Garrett on after years of 8-8. They know neither Garrett or Romo are the problem.

I think that's fair but I do think a part of it is a reluctance to press reset on it and invest a few years churning over the team around a rookie QB. That's why they keep signing these risky FAs because Jerry thinks they're close.

# 104 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 06:49 PM
I dont think Romo body will allow no more than 2 more years total of 3 including this year

# 105 jezatron @ 08/05/16 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I dont think Romo body will allow no more than 2 more years total of 3 including this year

That guys getting like Robocop now. I mean props to him he could just retire and sleep on his money but he wants to win a championship. Just not sure he ever will. I kinda worry that he might end up with something really serious too. Back injuries and such are no joke. You don't want to see a guy get paralysed, even if he plays for the Cowboys!

# 106 Find_the_Door @ 08/05/16 06:52 PM
Quote:

As an Eagles fan you'd better hope so. Romo's career is freakishly mirroring Elways at this point.

# 107 jezatron @ 08/05/16 06:54 PM
Quote:
As an Eagles fan you'd better hope so. Romo's career is freakishly mirroring Elways at this point.

Honestly, as an Eagles fan I wish he could play forever. He's fun to watch but I have never been worried about Cowboys winning a championship the whole time he's been there.

Like when Aikman was there it was depressing. It's never felt like that with Romo.

# 108 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 06:54 PM
Quote:
How? He didn't make six Super bowls, he hasn't done of note to even consider what u just said.

# 109 jezatron @ 08/05/16 06:55 PM
Quote:
Honestly, as an Eagles fan I wish he could play forever. He's fun to watch but I have never been worried about Cowboys winning a championship the whole time he's been there.

Like when Aikman was there it was depressing. It's never felt like that with Romo.

Ps I know that might sound like I'm trolling but genuinely don't mean it that way. I like him.

# 110 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 06:55 PM
Lol u messing with me now..lol

# 111 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 06:57 PM
Quote:
Ps I know that might sound like I'm trolling but genuinely don't mean it that way. I like him.

Well I don't like him..lol as we stand right now there are 3 players missing at least 4 games 1 actually missing 10 and possibly additional all in the front 7

# 112 jezatron @ 08/05/16 07:09 PM
Quote:
Well I don't like him..lol as we stand right now there are 3 players missing at least 4 games 1 actually missing 10 and possibly additional all in the front 7

I know what you're saying man, for sure. But you can say the same for every team.

Like... Jason Peters, as much of a beast as he has been... His body is done man. He won't play every game. Bradford is likely t miss time at some point. Ryan Matthews I don't think has ever played a full season and Mychal Kendricks is bound to tweak a muscle at some point due to the way he plays.

You know what I'm saying. It's like Chip said. Injury rate in the NFL is 100%. As long as the injury ratings for the players accurately reflects how prone they are to going down... I don't think it's wrong to rate them as high as they can be assuming they are fit.

# 113 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 07:37 PM
Quote:
I know what you're saying man, for sure. But you can say the same for every team.

Like... Jason Peters, as much of a beast as he has been... His body is done man. He won't play every game. Bradford is likely t miss time at some point. Ryan Matthews I don't think has ever played a full season and Mychal Kendricks is bound to tweak a muscle at some point due to the way he plays.

You know what I'm saying. It's like Chip said. Injury rate in the NFL is 100%. As long as the injury ratings for the players accurately reflects how prone they are to going down... I don't think it's wrong to rate them as high as they can be assuming they are fit.

True true..still don't like him..lol

# 114 Kcpack12 @ 08/05/16 11:34 PM
1- the team ratings system is all screwed up. Has been for years. Specifically on defense... You see teams like Arizona with an 81 ovr defense because a couple 70 something starters dramatically drag down the ovr defense rating. You see Seattle with a high 80s D because they have 83-90+ among all starters. And the amount of 90 OVR player ratings give a false boost to most team overalls. Then you also consider that the game seems to weigh DIne and LB overalls much higher than DB overalls. If you have a 85+ DL and LB unit, you're going to have a high defensive overall. New England is a perfect example of this, the bulk of their high rated players are on the front 7. A team like Arizona that has studs at every level, then a bunch of 75-82 overalls everywhere else really drags down the unit overall. Its the same reason the Vikings team ratings are down, which brings me to

2- the QB overall dramatically alters the offenses OVR. More specifically, the amount of 90 overalls on the offense. If you don't have 1 or 2 studs on the OLine, your offenses ovr is going to suffer unless you have a 90 RB, WR, and TE to counter it. Don't get hung up on the team overalls, they are basically meaningless toward how good the team is in the game. Its an ancient rating system that goes back to ps2. Half of the code in this game goes back to the ps2.. I have reverse engineered just to take a look. All EA really did was put lipstick on a pig, and tweak the ps2 engine a million times over.

3- Romo is a regular season QB and always will be. Hes achieved alot for being an undrafted QB. Hes just not the smartest guy under center. Alot of people discount composure and knowing when to strike. Understandably though, because its an immeasurable quality. Brady has made a HOF career on mastering his composure. On the flip side, Brett Favre squandered many many playoff games by never fully understanding how to play composed situational QB. Quarterback above all else is a cerebral game. All 32 Quarterbacks are physically elite. The difference is in their heads. Romo doesn't have it upstairs. Sorry cowboy fans.

4- the packers are a significant notch above the Vikings. Don't let these Viking fans running around with their 2015 best of 4 champions t-shirts fool you. You'd think they won the super bowl 52-3 the way then act. Typical losers mentality. Like Jaguars fans. Celebrating non Super Bowl achievements like their division title will be immortalized for years to come. Little brother syndrome to the max. Just the midwest version of the Eagles; act like they are a historical team yet are operating with an empty trophy case.

That is all. Carry on.

# 115 underdog13 @ 08/05/16 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcpack12
1- the team ratings system is all screwed up. Has been for years. Specifically on defense... You see teams like Arizona with an 81 ovr defense because a couple 70 something starters dramatically drag down the ovr defense rating. You see Seattle with a high 80s D because they have 83-90+ among all starters. And the amount of 90 OVR player ratings give a false boost to most team overalls. Then you also consider that the game seems to weigh DIne and LB overalls much higher than DB overalls. If you have a 85+ DL and LB unit, you're going to have a high defensive overall. New England is a perfect example of this, the bulk of their high rated players are on the front 7. A team like Arizona that has studs at every level, then a bunch of 75-82 overalls everywhere else really drags down the unit overall. Its the same reason the Vikings team ratings are down, which brings me to

2- the QB overall dramatically alters the offenses OVR. More specifically, the amount of 90 overalls on the offense. If you don't have 1 or 2 studs on the OLine, your offenses ovr is going to suffer unless you have a 90 RB, WR, and TE to counter it. Don't get hung up on the team overalls, they are basically meaningless toward how good the team is in the game. Its an ancient rating system that goes back to ps2. Half of the code in this game goes back to the ps2.. I have reverse engineered just to take a look. All EA really did was put lipstick on a pig, and tweak the ps2 engine a million times over.

3- Romo is a regular season QB and always will be. Hes achieved alot for being an undrafted QB. Hes just not the smartest guy under center. Alot of people discount composure and knowing when to strike. Understandably though, because its an immeasurable quality. Brady has made a HOF career on mastering his composure. On the flip side, Brett Favre squandered many many playoff games by never fully understanding how to play composed situational QB. Quarterback above all else is a cerebral game. All 32 Quarterbacks are physically elite. The difference is in their heads. Romo doesn't have it upstairs. Sorry cowboy fans.

4- the packers are a significant notch above the Vikings. Don't let these Viking fans running around with their 2015 best of 4 champions t-shirts fool you. You'd think they won the super bowl 52-3 the way then act. Typical losers mentality. Like Jaguars fans. Celebrating non Super Bowl achievements like their division title will be immortalized for years to come. Little brother syndrome to the max. Just the midwest version of the Eagles; act like they are a historical team yet are operating with an empty trophy case.

That is all. Carry on.
I so agree with you on 1 & 2... You lost me on #3 and reallllyyy lost me on #4

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 116 Hova57 @ 08/05/16 11:52 PM
Lol Midwest version of the Eagles..

# 117 Kwarren3 @ 08/05/16 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcpack12

That is all. Carry on.
Lol... want to try to be a bigger douche bag and bash an entire fan base a little more? You must wake up every morning feeling fantastic as a person.

# 118 charter04 @ 08/06/16 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
He does have something against the Skins, that is what happens when you let a Cowboys fan be in charge of the Madden ratings.

What team could he be a fan of and it be ok with you?

# 119 charter04 @ 08/06/16 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Pro Football Focus graded the Cowboys offensive line as the best in 2015 in both run blocking and pass blocking, and they also rated Travis Frederick as the best pass blocking center in football last year. Tyron Smith and Zack Martin also finished as top 3 players at their positions in PFF, and Doug Free finished in the top 10 among his peers.

Me personally, I don't put a whole lot of stock in PFF grades. However, Madden has very openly embraced PFF to guide its ratings, so it makes sense that the Cowboys would be rated highly on the OL, given how PFF has so favorably graded them.

Hey don't be giving non biased info that's positive about the Cowboys. You will start a riot. [emoji23]

# 120 charter04 @ 08/06/16 12:21 AM
Quote:
And I did say statistically he's a good player,but it doesn't translate to wins not to mention the players u named except for Ben has been in the league less years than he has. And they all have won SB .

Cowboys are 78-49 with him as starter. 7-20 with out him. So he doesn't win?

3-1 with him last year. 1-11 with out him. So he doesn't win? Mm.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.