Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

After releasing the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the AFC teams yesterday, EA Sports have posted the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the NFC teams today. They have included the overall team rating, as well as offensive and defensive team ratings.

Check them out below and post your thoughts!
  • Carolina Panthers - Overall 87 (Offense 91 - Defense 87)
  • Green Bay Packers - Overall 85 (Offense 89 - Defense 85)
  • Seattle Seahawks - Overall 85 (Offense 83 - Defense 89)
  • Arizona Cardinals - Overall 84 (Offense 91 - Defense 81)
  • Dallas Cowboys - Overall 84 (Offense 89 - Defense 83)
  • Atlanta Falcons - Overall 81 (Offense 89 - Defense 79)
  • Minnesota Vikings - Overall 81 (Offense 81 - Defense 87)
  • Detroit Lions - Overall 80 (Offense 81 - Defense 83)
  • New York Giants - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • Philadelphia Eagles - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • New Orleans Saints - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 79)
  • Washington Redskins - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Los Angeles Rams - Overall 78 (Offense 79 - Defense 81)
  • San Francisco 49ers - Overall 75 (Offense 75 - Defense 79)
  • Chicago Bears - Overall 74 (Offense 73 - Defense 77)

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 charter04 @ 08/06/16 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
The football is about wins and loses and making it as far as u can to reach and win SB, he can have all the stats but still under achieve that goes for any player

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Guess the Eagles whole SB era means nothing since they have never won a SB right? [emoji3]

I don't agree. Some really good teams don't win the SB. Some get hot at just the right time. Eli's SB wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 122 CM Hooe @ 08/06/16 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcpack12
Half of the code in this game goes back to the ps2.. I have reverse engineered just to take a look. All EA really did was put lipstick on a pig, and tweak the ps2 engine a million times over.
No, you did not decompile the game.

Further, even if you did decompile the game, you would not locate any information you sought out to find. The number of lines of code in Madden NFL exceeds eight digits, so just by brute force you're dealing with something on the order of an 18,000-page book in length. In addition, decompiled code is so mangled, unrecognizable, and unreadable that even the original authors would have a hard time knowing what they were looking at. Moreover, the source code was probably also compiled with the -O3 flag or something similar for hardware performance reasons, which would further mangle it and further prevent you from accomplishing what you claim.

So no, you didn't do this.

# 123 Find_the_Door @ 08/06/16 05:48 AM
Quote:

3- Romo is a regular season QB and always will be. Hes achieved alot for being an undrafted QB. Hes just not the smartest guy under center. Alot of people discount composure and knowing when to strike. Understandably though, because its an immeasurable quality. Brady has made a HOF career on mastering his composure. On the flip side, Brett Favre squandered many many playoff games by never fully understanding how to play composed situational QB. Quarterback above all else is a cerebral game. All 32 Quarterbacks are physically elite. The difference is in their heads. Romo doesn't have it upstairs. Sorry cowboy fans.

That is all. Carry on.

Umm did you happen to catch Romo and Warner talking the position the other day on Training Camp live? Romo is far from not having it upstairs - he's one of the best studies of the game. You may be confusing him with someone like Newton who notoriously struggles in the film room.

# 124 jezatron @ 08/06/16 08:23 AM
If we're disregarding any achievements other than the Super Bowl win then let's rate Denver at 100 OVR and everyone else zero? Lol

Vikings were better than packers last year. That's a fact. Do I think they will be this year? Not really. These ratings should reflect 15/16.

# 125 jezatron @ 08/06/16 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezatron
If we're disregarding any achievements other than the Super Bowl win then let's rate Denver at 100 OVR and everyone else zero? Lol

Vikings were better than packers last year. That's a fact. Do I think they will be this year? Not really. These ratings should reflect 15/16.

And I agree with some of the points about Philly. I mean I love the Eagles it's like a disease. But we have under achieved since the Super Bowl era. You can't argue with that.

Seasons where we don't win he super bowl but do manage to represent what Philly fans want to see in a football team though, are not lost seasons. Hence Schwartz running the defense with Cox, Logan, Graham and Curry excites me as a fan from the Buddy Ryan days

# 126 jezatron @ 08/06/16 08:28 AM
Personally I'm not convinced Romo is dumb. I think he lacks composure though in some scenarios for sure

# 127 Jimbo12308 @ 08/06/16 09:04 AM
One very important thing to remember with both the player ratings and the team ratings is that they aren't just a reflection of last year's production, they are a prediction of what will happen this year. Dustin Smith confirmed in an interview that he not only analyses the player's play from last year, but also makes educated predictions on how they will perform this year and produced ratings accordingly. Obviously some predictions will be wrong, but tearing the ratings down because of how a team or player did last year isn't a good way to do it.

For example, last year anyone with half a brain could have predicted DeMarco Murray's poor season. Almost every single NFL league leader in rushing attempts for the past 2 decades experienced a significant decline the following year - and most of the time for the rest of their career.

2015/16 - Adrian Peterson - we'll see...he's pretty super-human, but history suggests he'll decline this year.

2014/15 - DeMarco Murray - huge production fall-off the following year.

2013/14 - LeSean McCoy - played okay the next year, but definitely declined and has continued to decline ever since.

2012/13 - Arian Foster - injured the following year, played well the year after, but clearly caught the injury bug and has never been as dominant.

2011/12 - Maurice Jones Drew - injured the following year and never played at a high level again.

2010/11 - Michael Turner - he was a rare exception, played well the next year and also led the league in '08 and returned to this list.

2009/10 - Chris Johnson - still produced 1000 yard seasons, but nowhere near the same dominance and has steadily declined ever since.

2008/09 - Michael Turner - did get injured the next year, but bounced back. Again, he's an exception.

2007/08 - Clinton Portis - another exception, played great the following year.

2006/07 - Larry Johnson - drop off in performance for the rest of his career and never played a full season again due to injuries.

2005/06 - Shaun Alexander - big drop off in performance for the rest of his career and never played a full season again due to injuries.

2004/05 - Curtis Martin - big drop off in performance and injuries the next year, then retired.

I think we get the picture. DeMarco Murray's fall off was easily predictable - but last year he got rated a 94, which might have made sense during preseason, but anyone who started a franchise with launch rosters had a significantly different DeMarco Murray than the actual one. This year, the ratings are supposedly more aware of such things and Dustin Smith has taken a slightly more predictive approach. (That hasn't seemed to affect this rating of Adrian Peterson, but maybe he's banking on AP being one of those exceptions)

Just wanted to point that out as we critique the ratings. Don't think only about what the players deserve, think about how they'll likely perform this year as well.

# 128 J.Cole @ 08/06/16 09:05 AM
Quote:

4- the packers are a significant notch above the Vikings. Don't let these Viking fans running around with their 2015 best of 4 champions t-shirts fool you. You'd think they won the super bowl 52-3 the way then act. Typical losers mentality. Like Jaguars fans. Celebrating non Super Bowl achievements like their division title will be immortalized for years to come. Little brother syndrome to the max. Just the midwest version of the Eagles; act like they are a historical team yet are operating with an empty trophy case.

That is all. Carry on.
LOL this guy is salty af then tries to ignore what he just said and is like.

That is all. carry on.

What a douche.

# 129 Gilley @ 08/06/16 09:29 AM
I think everyone needs to chill about the ratings. It's all subjective anyways.

# 130 Kcpack12 @ 08/06/16 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No, you did not decompile the game.

Further, even if you did decompile the game, you would not locate any information you sought out to find. The number of lines of code in Madden NFL exceeds eight digits, so just by brute force you're dealing with something on the order of an 18,000-page book in length. In addition, decompiled code is so mangled, unrecognizable, and unreadable that even the original authors would have a hard time knowing what they were looking at. Moreover, the source code was probably also compiled with the -O3 flag or something similar for hardware performance reasons, which would further mangle it and further prevent you from accomplishing what you claim.

So no, you didn't do this.
No of course I did not sit there are read the machine language like a breathing XboxOne. But I took a look at M25 a couple years ago, and noticed alot of markers that proved to me that EA took the old-old gen source code and merely was translated to the newer machines (and built upon x1000)

# 131 number1thumbs @ 08/06/16 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
I think everyone needs to chill about the ratings. It's all subjective anyways.
and all of us are subjected to them...at least online

# 132 roadman @ 08/06/16 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
and all of us are subjected to them...at least online
True, and they will be changing throughout the season too.

They will not magically change at release time until the season starts, which won't be too far after release.

Also, I've haven't seen many subjective opinions on the net change the course of ratings in the game

# 133 Tomski @ 08/06/16 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
One thing though and I know it's probably stupid but I wish they would have used a different picture of for the Cardinals stadium since we will not be able to have the roof open in CFM.
Yeah, that is kind of cruel. I hate playing as a dome team in a CFM. All those indoor games look the same.

P.S. -- Cards defense got shafted.

# 134 noplace @ 08/06/16 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Hey don't be giving non biased info that's positive about the Cowboys. You will start a riot. [emoji23]

Yet the Cowgirls go out there and draft a RB #4 overall after signing Alfred Morris? So if the OL is that great why are you drafting a RB? Should be able to plug anyone in behind that wall right? McFadden barely rushed over a thousand yards behind that great line so was it the OL or the RB? Yes I agree that Dallas has one of the best OL out there but that was based off 2 years ago with Murray plus their draft positions. Tyrone Smith is the only OL that should be rated in the 90's Imo. The others should be high 80's at the most. Take the same players and put them on another team I guarantee they aren't rated as high.

# 135 Hova57 @ 08/06/16 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Yet the Cowgirls go out there and draft a RB #4 overall after signing Alfred Morris? So if the OL is that great why are you drafting a RB? Should be able to plug anyone in behind that wall right? McFadden barely rushed over a thousand yards behind that great line so was it the OL or the RB? Yes I agree that Dallas has one of the best OL out there but that was based off 2 years ago with Murray plus their draft positions. Tyrone Smith is the only OL that should be rated in the 90's Imo. The others should be high 80's at the most. Take the same players and put them on another team I guarantee they aren't rated as high.
Yup like I said at least have lower pass blocking

# 136 Hova57 @ 08/06/16 02:03 PM
Quote:
Guess the Eagles whole SB era means nothing since they have never won a SB right? [emoji3]

I don't agree. Some really good teams don't win the SB. Some get hot at just the right time. Eli's SB wins

You can have a great season and still under achieve..I would think all players think that way..if you're a team player individual stats don't matter if you didn't reach the goal

# 137 charter04 @ 08/06/16 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace

The very fact you used Cowgirls speaks volumes. Most look at McFadden's season as proof that the OL is good.

A normal 3.4 YPC back averages 4.5 and at times looked like a pro bowler even though the had no passing game most games so it was against 8 in the box.

How does that make the OL look worse.

Also would you want to get a great back in a situation like that.

We see how Murray looked when he ran behind a different line

# 138 charter04 @ 08/06/16 03:23 PM
Quote:
You can have a great season and still under achieve..I would think all players think that way..if you're a team player individual stats don't matter if you didn't reach the goal

Guess you don't watch shows like All or Nothing and see how excited guys get to make the pro bowl.

Only one team wins it all. It doesn't mean everyone else is trash

# 139 charter04 @ 08/06/16 03:26 PM
Quote:
Yup like I said at least have lower pass blocking

Based on what? Romo getting hurt? They didn't give up many sacks. Just because the QB gets hurt on one sack doesn't mean they don't block well.

If you can offer some actual data I'm all ears. If it's just Eagle fan bias then I'm not sure it's a good point

# 140 noplace @ 08/06/16 04:01 PM
Quote:
The very fact you used Cowgirls speaks volumes. Most look at McFadden's season as proof that the OL is good.

A normal 3.4 YPC back averages 4.5 and at times looked like a pro bowler even though the had no passing game most games so it was against 8 in the box.

How does that make the OL look worse.

Also would you want to get a great back in a situation like that.

We see how Murray looked when he ran behind a different line

I never reference Dallas respectfully. Come on now, Murray was a bad fit in Kelly's offense and a horrible signing. Like I said why did they feel to draft a RB if they made a 3.4 back into a 4.5? Murray made that line look just as good as they made him.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.