Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K has just announced the full NBA 2K17 soundtrack, curated by Imagine Dragons, Noah “40” Shebib of OVO Sound, and Grimes. The new soundtrack will feature music across all genres including hip-hop, rock and alternative with songs from JAY Z, Future, Action Bronson, The Internet, The 1975, Santigold, and more. Check out the full list of tracks below and listen to it on Spotify here.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 DutchMastah7 @ 08/12/16 11:53 AM
Holy **** they got Grimes. Awesome.

A lot of stuff I've either never heard of or don't like. But the ones I do know are really good.

Rosa Parks is probably the best song here. Nothing wrong with old Jay Z. I'm a fan of Drake so nothing wrong with that either.

Needs more Kendrick. Maybe some Gambino? Schoolboy would've been cool too.

And can they stop putting Imagine Dragons in their game? They had one radio hit.

# 22 Hustle Westbrook @ 08/12/16 11:53 AM
First time since 2K12 that we're not having a celebrity create the soundtrack.

EDIT: Nvm just read it was curated by 40 and Imagine Dragons.

# 23 VDusen04 @ 08/12/16 11:57 AM
This will sound super hipster, but there's a lot of tracks listed that I don't know, and I like that. When it comes to music I could potentially be hearing in menus all year, I like starting fresh with tracks I'm not already tired of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
From the responses I thought Drake was curating the spundtrack or something...dude has two songs on there, lol
Guessing it's because his name popped up three times in the first six songs, leading folks to panic into thinking it was going to be another Jay-Z 2K13 situation.

# 24 SteveQ @ 08/12/16 12:02 PM
Heart of the city and rosa parks is all I needed to see. I trust that the songs 2K chose that I don't know will be good since thats how the older soundtracks used to be. Probably gonna be a better soundtrack than this years but I may just be optimistic.

# 25 Cowboyfan_19 @ 08/12/16 12:04 PM
I don't know a lot of these songs or artists, except maybe Outkast. But that's ok, nothing wrong with starting off fresh. I think it could've done without Drake though.

One MAJOR complaint I have is WHY THE HELL is Santigold always put on these soundtracks? And the most annoying song of her's too. Creator is on it's 3rd freaking appearance already. 2k9, 2k15, & now 2k17.

# 26 porkys8077 @ 08/12/16 12:05 PM
Hope the music will play coming from the speakers when you call a time out. And you can always used Spotify on the PS4 if you hate the soundtrack.

# 27 cdub71323 @ 08/12/16 12:08 PM
Thank god for Spotify on the PS4. There's maybe 3 or 4 good songs on there, and that's not including Grimes (which I love, but not on a basketball game)

# 28 qjrchris2 @ 08/12/16 12:21 PM
Attachment 122755

No music from MJ? Wow. Seriously tho this soundtrack is lame. SMH

# 29 Hopsin @ 08/12/16 12:28 PM
Def muting the drake tracks.. Sorry but I can't.. Other than that seems nice.. Buuuut it'll still get muted a few months in with Spotify replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 30 ronyell @ 08/12/16 12:32 PM
I can't even tell if people are serious with their thoughts on the soundtrack on here anymore... lots of diversity & something for everyone in my opinion.

Starting to think some of you guys just need to stream your own music while playing if a 40 song soundtrack becomes trash because of 2 songs that you don't like and probably another 10 that you have not even heard yet... smh

#personalpreference

# 31 Chargers_Are_The_Bes @ 08/12/16 12:42 PM
Beautiful list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 32 2_headedmonster @ 08/12/16 12:46 PM
Why is there even still a static sound track?

2k should have a streaming music service update the songs monthly.

# 33 Gosens6 @ 08/12/16 12:57 PM
Do any of the people who hate the soundtrack even know why you hate the soundtrack? Or do you just see Drake, Rappers you've never heard of or something that doesn't fit your current niche?

Why not give something new a chance and expand your musical horizons? The beauty of this soundtrack is that there is a bit of something for everyone. Iv'e heard of most of these artists, but there's a few that I'm looking forward to hearing that Iv'e never heard before.

Are people really that shallow when it comes to music? Music is something to be celebrated, you might discover something that you never thought you'd like, and end up loving it. Trying new things isn't all bad, fellas.

# 34 DakkoN @ 08/12/16 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
I can't even tell if people are serious with their thoughts on the soundtrack on here anymore... lots of diversity & something for everyone in my opinion.

Starting to think some of you guys just need to stream your own music while playing if a 40 song soundtrack becomes trash because of 2 songs that you don't like and probably another 10 that you have not even heard yet... smh

#personalpreference
Just goes to show you that people will complain about anything and usually to the most extreme levels.. It's why people feel the need to make a new thread complaining about some broken game mechanic that isn't actually broken instead of just getting better at the game..

# 35 Hustle Westbrook @ 08/12/16 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell

#personalpreference
Lol every year when the soundtrack gets revealed you can always expect at least 3-4 "This sucks! I'm muting this!" posts on the first page.

# 36 Futurestyl3 @ 08/12/16 01:02 PM

How TF does Santigold end up on every 2k?

# 37 rbfn04 @ 08/12/16 01:02 PM
Too much Drake. But dude! OUTKAST!!!!

# 38 TheBadazz @ 08/12/16 01:03 PM
Mute Drake and Future!!!!

# 39 23 @ 08/12/16 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
No Selena Gomez? Whenever I think basketball game I think of her. /s

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
No Selena Gomez this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter

# 40 exposedaking @ 08/12/16 01:06 PM
Drake only has a few songs on there guys lol...and with 40 songs you might not hear it as often as you would think.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.