Home
FIFA 17 News Post

EA Sports has just revealed the career mode features for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC versions of FIFA 17, that give you even greater control over your club's season, the option to compete in the J-League, and your fully rendered manager avatar roaming the sideline.

Total Club Management
Total Club Management gives you new objectives to fulfill based upon your board's priorities. Each team now has a unique personality which dictates the goals you'll need to achieve in both the short and long term to succeed at your club.

Your board's expectations fall into five categories:
  • Domestic Success
  • Continental Success
  • Brand Exposure
  • Financial
  • Youth Development
Promote youth players, return to the top division, expand your club's brand in Asia, sign world class players - these are just some examples of the objectives you can expect in Career Mode in FIFA 17.

You'll be able to see your progress on these objectives from a new menu within Career Mode. Achieve the goals to keep your managerial popularity rating on target.

Whether you're returning a fallen giant to their former glory, turning your team into a European powerhouse with the help of a world-class youth program, or keeping your club's finances in the black, Total Club Management keeps your career experience fresh and dynamic season by season.

Financial System
FIFA 17 Career Mode introduces Club Worth, a rewritten and authentic club financial system with different sources of income and expense. You'll now be able to see a detailed breakdown of your income from transfers, loans, match-day revenue, media and merchandising, while your outgoings on player and scout wages, youth facilities, stadium maintenance and travel will also be visible to you in the Finances menu. This will help you keep your finances in check, a must for every modern football club.

Managers
Powered by Frostbite™ for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, managers are brought to life on the touchline for the first time in Career Mode. You'll be able to choose one of 11 high-res coaches to occupy the technical area which you'll then see during gameplay.

New League
The Japan J1 League is joining the list of leagues in which you'll be able to compete in FIFA 17's Career Mode. Read more about it here.

FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 Matty Aqua @ 08/15/16 01:23 AM
@ mcavner - Solid post!, I agree with pretty much all of what your saying!, maybe not so much adding micro transactions too the offline experience tho, I consider myself a mature gamer (recently turned 30) and would be happy to spend a couple extra bucks on improvements but it just wouldn't be fair to those who can't afford it, or younger gamers when they are already paying for the game itself!, but i feel where you are coming from with money vs time!

I definetly agree with having editing in the game!. The team in charge of career mode has really fallen behind, other sports games, as NBA 2k, The Show and even Madden now offer really deep franchise modes as well as single player story modes (which have never been my preference) and still maintaining a strong online community, I come from an NBA2k background before i got into football and FIFA, and while FIFA is barebones it has a lot of room for growth which is probably the most frustrating thing amongst it's offline community, is that we get fed tiny spoonfulls of improvements.

I think the most frustrating things in career mode is the team selection of the cpu opposition, there's nothing that destroys immersion more than seeing star players on the bench for no reason, especially first choice goalkeepers!. i'd love to see a star player on the bench because of terrible form, maybe a dispute with the manager, maybe the team is planning to sell and have that play into the career mode as a story, but not just random, and it's a bug the developers continually ignore!

# 42 flo182 @ 08/15/16 05:10 AM
@mcavner

you're totally right with customization thing.

I never understood why EA gives the players hardly any editing options in singleplayer modes. Even from a business perspective (e.g. community-created rosters for new seasons) I dont see a reason. The percentage of players not buying the game every year just because the community can upgrade rosters and share them, has to be very low.

I remember the good old Pro Evo games on PS2 with all their editing features. It made the game sooo much better, the community could fix the whole "we have no licenses" thing and they still bought the game every year, because the small gameplay upgrades where reason enough to buy it.

I still buy NBA 2k every year even though I would be able to play a 5 year old version with up-to-date rosters thanks to the community.
The difference to FIFA is, that I'm buying 2k no matter what, because I know with time the community will fix a lot of the problems the official game has, thanks to the limitless editing options.

With FIFA I loose interest as soon as the first big flaws turn up (which normally happens as soon as I enter the transfermarket after the first season).
More editing and more customization would make this game sooo much more enjoyable in the long-term.

Right now I'm definitely not buying the game until I see some real progress. I just don't believe it's worth the money until EA gives the offline-manager modes some honest work instead of putting little features in every year, without even testing if they work in the long-run (youth-players, transfers, AI-managers etc.)

# 43 koszak27 @ 08/15/16 07:30 AM
If we can't turn off being fired then I fear this only makes it harder to keep your job. Instead of needing to finish in a certain table position and reach a playoff round, we will be fired for not selling enough shirts or not signing 5 youth players.

One other feature I have been missing is a way to assign substitute priorities or to have some kind of game plan control over simmed games. I tend to sim most of the season so I am in essence a GM and not a coach. FIFA makes no distinction between the two.

# 44 orion523 @ 08/15/16 08:27 AM
FIFA has consistently lagged behind the other Major sports games when it comes to career mode, so I wasn't expecting much, and that's exactly how it played out. My only hope at this point is that the new features work as intended. On the other hand, simply improving the logic on the features already present would go a long way in helping improve the mode, a long way, but it seems that wasn't done either. All in all it's just another in a series of yearly let downs. What doesn't help of course is the paltry offering of the competitor, but that's another story for another post.

# 45 mcavner @ 08/15/16 11:04 AM
After doing some reading on Madden 17's Franchise features it is clear that the development team over there has really listened to the community and has included features that gamers have been asking for in franchise modes for years.

The Big Decisions and Play the Moments systems and the recognition that there are people out there who want to play a season in a weekend is HUGE.

Full customization in Franchise modes is back and solves a litany of issues and creates a world of options. What a great 'sandbox' approach and kudos to that development team for identifying the desire and providing the platform. Personalized immersion is so important to gamers and now Madden players can play their game, their way. MLB The Show has known this from the beginning - it's just too bad their game is baseball b/c try as I might I can't sustain the same enthusiasm with baseball as I can with other sports (having said that my Show franchise is in the year 2028...).

After buying Madden for decades I strayed away from the game once options were lost and I just couldn't 'work around' the 'work arounds' anymore as developers forced me to play one way. And that one way would have me restarting an entire franchise b/c some rookie in real life would break out and in my franchise mode he'd be stuck on the bench for ten years... same thing happened with the NHL series... and both titles, after years of faithful purchase (and by years I mean since their inception) I finally stopped buying them. It seemed games weren't meant for me anymore. But desperate for a sports gaming experience, and after enjoying the World Cup soccer games, I got into FIFA and have purchased the last three and played them a ton.

But once again I've come to a point where I need the developers to meet me halfway. I have a photo of a Team Canada line-up and every single player's last name is Occean. At this point I just have to expect more - it's just such a simple addition that solves so many issues in one fell swoop: Player progression where it's better to find kids and loan them and then trade them away so they can develop better than you could ever train them, training glitches where you stagnate physical growth if you train them too soon, CPU transfer logic where they have two 50 million keepers, CPU depth charts that are weak, CPU generated workrates that are nonsensical, created players that have silly attributes, CPU generated players that all have the same name, CPU generated players that look exactly the same, the loss of those beautifully rendered faces after five years of franchise play, contract issues, budget work arounds and glitches, appearance glitches (winter kits lost if you edit)... so much of what you do as a player is try to ignore or try to work around issues with the game. And I get it, I do, making great games is complicated. But all you have to do EA is let the gamer help you make their personal experience better by giving the player access and permission to customize. There's an expression, "You don't give a kid a toy and then tell him how to play with it." You're a toymaker, EA - don't limit how we play.

# 46 theepicman115 @ 08/16/16 12:21 PM
This is good and all, but I want it to go in depth more. I want the ability to ask the board to adjust ticket prices, jersey prices, consession prices. Those prices and revenue should influence my budget and how many fans are in the stadium. want a better inteview with reporters thing. I want to feel like I have full controll over the team and I want to feel like my character is real. Do something like what NBA 2k did with their GM mode.
I also want to see empty seats or the stadium half empty when the team is playing poorly or if the ticket prices are too high.

I think the new features they announced for FIFA 17 Career Mode is a step in the right direction, but it's too small of a change to make a difference in the mode.

# 47 JayD @ 08/16/16 02:38 PM
After seeing what PES is doing for their career mode it looks like I'll be making the switch this year.

# 48 JHedges2 @ 08/16/16 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
After seeing what PES is doing for their career mode it looks like I'll be making the switch this year.
Can you elaborate on what you're referring to specifically? (link?)

# 49 Zac @ 08/16/16 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Can you elaborate on what you're referring to specifically? (link?)
He is referring to the partnership with Liverpool that PES has this year.

# 50 JHedges2 @ 08/16/16 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
He is referring to the partnership with Liverpool that PES has this year.
Oh--thats it? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 51 Turbojugend @ 08/16/16 04:45 PM
Does that partnership extend to manager likenesses? Klopp is kind of a huge deal, with all of that detail it would suck to see Liverpool managed by some randomly generated guy from the Ukraine.

# 52 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 08/16/16 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Does that partnership extend to manager likenesses? Klopp is kind of a huge deal, with all of that detail it would suck to see Liverpool managed by some randomly generated guy from the Ukraine.
All Premier League managers are in Fifa this year. No reason to worry.

# 53 toneloc129 @ 08/20/16 02:58 AM
Wow EA. You have no shame. Scandalous that this Career Mode is what you put out. People should be fired for this bare bones garbage.

If money is all you care about make 2 separate games, one with FUT and one with a proper Career Mode that has some replayability. Cant even see advanced stats from other leagues, or a history of a player or a chemistry system.

I wish 2K would release a soccer game. EA is a bunch of money hungry incompetent fools.

Done with FIFA

# 54 JayD @ 08/20/16 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Oh--thats it? Lol

No. Their transfer system seems a lot better than FIFA. I cant stand seeing teams having virtually the same squad every year! I mean you're lucky to see teams transfer 2 players.

# 55 Zac @ 08/21/16 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
No. Their transfer system seems a lot better than FIFA. I cant stand seeing teams having virtually the same squad every year! I mean you're lucky to see teams transfer 2 players.
Is this new PES for this year? Because its always been just as bad in both games. And so far in the beta for this, its much improved. Seeing lots more teams making more moves. But that could just be from the market being busted in the beta though. Its hard to tell. Everyone is way undervalued. So teams can spend little on a lot of quality players.

# 56 JHedges2 @ 08/21/16 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Is this new PES for this year? Because its always been just as bad in both games. And so far in the beta for this, its much improved. Seeing lots more teams making more moves. But that could just be from the market being busted in the beta though. Its hard to tell. Everyone is way undervalued. So teams can spend little on a lot of quality players.
Hard not to get excited about this. #CautiouslyOptimistic

# 57 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/26/16 10:50 AM
Quote:
They already showed Klopp in the trailer so no need to worry. EA has a pretty extensive deal with the PL so unlike the Barca situation where EA can't use the Nou Camp all PL related stuff is pretty much safe despite the PES stuff with LFC.

# 58 Turbojugend @ 08/26/16 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
They already showed Klopp in the trailer so no need to worry. EA has a pretty extensive deal with the PL so unlike the Barca situation where EA can't use the Nou Camp all PL related stuff is pretty much safe despite the PES stuff with LFC.
Sorry for the confusion, I was actually referring to PES' deal with Liverpool. There was a lot of PES talk in this thread at that time. If Konami has a deal with Liverpool, is Klopp a part of it? I'm thinking no.

# 59 Thrash13 @ 08/26/16 02:17 PM
I definitely have no valuable knowledge of the situation, but I'm not sure why they would have the license to the entire Liverpool roster, stadium, jerseys, etc. and not have Klopp. Konami didn't seem to focus as much on the manager aspect like EA did, so I could very well be wrong.

I think the license pretty much means everything though at this stage of technology.

# 60 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/27/16 01:55 AM
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, I was actually referring to PES' deal with Liverpool. There was a lot of PES talk in this thread at that time. If Konami has a deal with Liverpool, is Klopp a part of it? I'm thinking no.
I don't think PES has managers in the game. The managers are new to FIFA this year and to my knowledge I don't think PES has a feature like this. So it is highly unlikely that Klopp will be in PES this year. The LFC deal is pretty similar to the deals with Barcelona and Dortmund where they will replicate the teams style of play,Have authentic player likeness and authentic stadium.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.