Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Added the ability to block when in any level of hit reaction to the legs or body. This should fix the "magic combo" issues.
  • Tuned AI transition denial success rate to be more dependent on grapple advantage
  • Increased stand up arm health damage taken when holding High Block by 20%
  • Reduced stand up arm health recovery when holding High Block by 20%
  • Fixed exploit that allowed fighters to hold their opponent in side saddle with little opportunity for escape
  • Added Grapple Advantage Meter which allows users to better understand grappling mechanics and timing
  • Improved AI takedown defense
  • Further AI stamina management tuning
  • Taunt with @BlessedMMA in the last 20 seconds of the round and have your opponent taunt back to end a round "The Holloway"

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 NewSkiLLZZ @ 08/13/16 07:50 PM
Again, what about clinch spamming? Are we actually going to have it be like a parry if you block it? Silly as hell I can block it 10x but no significant effect to doing this, which only encourages it since it's no draw back.

# 102 stephengreen @ 08/13/16 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSkiLLZZ
Again, what about clinch spamming? Are we actually going to have it be like a parry if you block it? Silly as hell I can block it 10x but no significant effect to doing this, which only encourages it since it's no draw back.
You do get a counter out of it. That and the stam drain means you can get a body rock pretty easily if they're actually spamming it.

# 103 cernac @ 08/13/16 10:17 PM
I've found that after the clinch/TD denial they are so far away it is hard to hit them. Perhaps a stamina drain plus a slower rate of regaining stamina would be a good penalty for a denial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 104 johnmangala @ 08/14/16 01:11 AM
Would like to see clinch punch health events along with clinch parries and standing arm traps.

Any chance we see switching stances before, during, and after strikes & grapples etc patched back in. Shifts would flow fluidly with the 360 head movement etc-easing the way for headmovement with mobile footwork and guard. Maybe some guard pulls?

Great patch so far the new combo mechanic seems promising.

# 105 Dave_S @ 08/14/16 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Would like to see clinch punch health events along with clinch parries and standing arm traps.

Any chance we see switching stances before, during, and after strikes & grapples etc patched back in. Shifts would flow fluidly with the 360 head movement etc-easing the way for headmovement with mobile footwork and guard. Maybe some guard pulls?

Great patch so far the new combo mechanic seems promising.
Like when Weidman dropped Silva in a submissive clinch position?

# 106 Dave_S @ 08/14/16 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theballa
Yeah definitely something like Côte dropped Saunders in the single collar position that would dope
It's happened a few times recently.

# 107 SMOKEZERO @ 08/14/16 02:27 AM
Just caught up on this thread, looking to be another strong update. Looking forward to the changes along with the Imanari roll for Ferguson. Nice work GPD and dev team.

# 108 johnmangala @ 08/14/16 02:28 AM
Some clinch kicks would work well too, along with switching stances in the clinch for different angles etc. Would also like to see being able to push into clinch or collide into the clinch, maybe some tie ups resulting from strikes overlapping etc.

You don't need elbows and knees to finish a fight in the clinch irl, they should have ref stoppages and standing tkos for too many shelled unanswered shots in the clinch or standing like they do on the ground.

A more open clinch that can collide into and out of tie ups.

Maybe two different versions of single collar, one neutral one where both fighters have a head and arm clinch and a dominant one where only you hold the clinch position. I would like to see different entries into the clinch namingly pawing into the clinch and arm traps.

# 109 Kkdbeats @ 08/14/16 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Yes, that's what it means.
GPD is there chance for us to add eyebrows to gameface CAF again in the future ?

# 110 NewSkiLLZZ @ 08/14/16 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengreen
You do get a counter out of it. That and the stam drain means you can get a body rock pretty easily if they're actually spamming it.
No you don't. You push them so far out of range you cannot. If you didn't push them so far away yes. But I'm fearing you cannot patch this simply because it's a mechanic that cannot be touched, so it probably can't. Since it'll rework the entire engine.

It's pretty stupid how someone can constantly keep doing this. Someone suggested a significant stamina drain, which could work though

# 111 Dave_S @ 08/14/16 03:46 AM
Sure would be nice if that patched it in so I didn't get boo'd every time I go for guillotine sprawl reversal.

# 112 ryan4889 @ 08/14/16 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengreen
You know, say what you want about the game, but it's refreshing to have a dev actually interact with players to the extent you do on this forum. Not really many devs like that around these days.
Amen!!! Thank you for all your support. THIS is how you make a game succeed. A room full of the greatest developers in the world would still benefit from the input of their player base. I really wish other companies would follow the way EAs devs have done things for this game. My favorite sports game ever made above FN3 & 4 for sure and still adding stuff. Amazing work Geoff and company!

# 113 LeonVegaSuarez @ 08/14/16 07:14 AM
The changes sound great. Hoping for new fighters, too. Maybe Will Brooks and Nikita Krylov.

When will this patch be up? Tuesday?

# 114 fishingtime @ 08/14/16 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Sure would be nice if that patched it in so I didn't get boo'd every time I go for guillotine sprawl reversal.
Press start and mute opponent at beginning of the match.

# 115 CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA @ 08/14/16 11:02 AM
Quote:
It was a deliberate decision and balanced accordingly. U would have preferred to have block in that position, but we couldn't do it.

Considered not allowing ko's from there, but decided on what you see in game now as a compromise.

Sent from my LT30a using Tapatalk
So we will never be able to block in that position yet anyone who is half decent on the ground can hold you there forever without you having a way to gain grapple advantage because you cant do anything only for all your transition attempts to be denied and drain your stamina to nothing?seriously that sucks

# 116 GameplayDevUFC @ 08/14/16 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA
So we will never be able to block in that position yet anyone who is half decent on the ground can hold you there forever without you having a way to gain grapple advantage because you cant do anything only for all your transition attempts to be denied and drain your stamina to nothing?seriously that sucks
Well, you can still gain ga by striking, and you get much higher ga while your opponent strikes.

# 117 CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA @ 08/14/16 11:42 AM
Quote:
Well, you can still gain ga by striking, and you get much higher ga while your opponent strikes.I meant as the sub fighter in sub side control you cannot strike all you can do is transition?

but you cannot strike in the position ?I mean in sub side control you cannot strike all you can do is transition there is no option to strike when you are on the bottom all you can do is transition?Is that a mistake?

# 118 Bigg Cee @ 08/14/16 01:41 PM
Any patch spoilers today? It's a Sunday and I just want to start the day off with good news.

# 119 oakevin @ 08/14/16 01:49 PM
"Added Grapple Advantage Meter which allows users to better understand grappling mechanics and timing #patchspoilers"
2 retweets 10 likes

# 120 Bigg Cee @ 08/14/16 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
"Added Grapple Advantage Meter which allows users to better understand grappling mechanics and timing #patchspoilers"
2 retweets 10 likes
Does the meter look the same as the meter we have now for the moves? Also can we turn it off if we don't want the meter for GA?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.