Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K17 screenshot of Paul George (cover athlete) and post your thoughts.

UPDATE: Here is a higher resolution screenshot.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/15/16 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurestyl3

His hairline is impeccable
That's funny. That's where my focus was too, lol! The facial and haircut is on point. The tattoos look nice. Honestly, I don't believe the technology is there to get the body types on the money.

# 42 nuckles2k2 @ 08/15/16 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
That's funny. That's where my focus was too, lol! The facial and haircut is on point. The tattoos look nice. Honestly, I don't believe the technology is there to get the body types on the money.
The body types we're asking for are in MLB TS 16 (and I'm sure other games too).

Just lean muscle, not jacked muscle.

They'd have to edit the skeletons they wrap with the player likenesses. Tone down the pecs, make the waist area slimmer, don't give everyone WWE wrestler arms & we're good

Looks like 2K is just recycling the same models they either have, or had. Not seeing anything "new."

# 43 Goffs @ 08/15/16 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
You can really tell that the lighting was touched this year.

# 44 stillfeelme @ 08/15/16 06:12 PM
Yes lighting looks improved body just looks thick. PG is slim face overall looks well done.

# 45 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/15/16 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Good side by side pictures. Looking at them, he's SLIGHTLY bigger in NBA 2K17. People are definitely overreacting.

Hell, he doesn't even look "ripped" to me.

# 46 twebb5896 @ 08/15/16 06:14 PM
To all of you saying that body types don't matter they're actually really important. With these thick superhero bodies it really cuts down on the available space and ability to perform moves in Traffic. It kills the spacing too because it almost feels like the players are too big on the court.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

# 47 Vni @ 08/15/16 06:14 PM
I'd look at that screenshot but I'am not sure I'am ready, it's a little too early. Too intense for me.

# 48 nuckles2k2 @ 08/15/16 06:16 PM
Quote:
Good side by side pictures. Looking at them, he's SLIGHTLY bigger in NBA 2K17. People are definitely overreacting.

Hell, he doesn't even look "ripped" to me.
Not ripped, the player models are too "thick".

Nothing about the 2K player models convey how lean the majority of NBA players are.

# 49 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/15/16 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twebb5896
To all of you saying that body types don't matter they're actually really important. With these thick superhero bodies it really cuts down on the available space and ability to perform moves in Traffic. It kills the spacing too because it almost feels like the players are too big on the court.

I get it, but let's not pretend he's going to have to the same body type as Lebron. We already know that they made KD thinner, so your argument is already over before it began.

IMHO, I don't think the courts are scaled to the players, and they just need to make the courts bigger.

# 50 Thetruth9012 @ 08/15/16 06:18 PM
Quote:

You are right 100% !!

# 51 nuckles2k2 @ 08/15/16 06:19 PM
Quote:
I get it, but let's not pretend he's going to have to the same body type as Lebron. We already know that they made KD thinner, so your argument is already over before it began.
Funny you brought up LBJ...

Dude's a walking mini-tank in 2K16.

How are you not seeing this stuff? Lol.

# 52 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/15/16 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Funny you brought up LBJ...

Dude's a walking mini-tank in 2K16.

How are you not seeing this stuff? Lol.
I guess I still realize it's a video game that can't 100% replicate the moving body. It's funny how your perspective can change when you understand the concept.

# 53 twebb5896 @ 08/15/16 06:24 PM
Quote:

IMHO, I don't think the courts are scaled to the players, and they just need to make the courts bigger.
Yay KD is skinnier now every player will look better in 2K! Thanks for the insight! I totally forgot that making one player slimmer and leaving another yoked is fine.

# 54 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/15/16 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
The body types we're asking for are in MLB TS 16 (and I'm sure other games too).

Just lean muscle, not jacked muscle.

They'd have to edit the skeletons they wrap with the player likenesses. Tone down the pecs, make the waist area slimmer, don't give everyone WWE wrestler arms & we're good

Looks like 2K is just recycling the same models they either have, or had. Not seeing anything "new."
Not the same. Baseball players are mostly covered compared to basketball players. It's the same reason that Madden can get away with different "body types".

The best one to one comparison would be WWE.

# 55 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/15/16 06:34 PM
Quote:
Yay KD is skinnier now every player will look better in 2K! Thanks for the insight! I totally forgot that making one player slimmer and leaving another yoked is fine.

The point is very simple...2K Sports is going to make a genuine effort to give us better and more distinguishing body types. Think of this as Year 1.

As it stands, Paul George is slightly bigger than KD, but smaller than Lebron.

# 56 23 @ 08/15/16 06:46 PM
Quote:
The point is very simple...2K Sports is going to make a genuine effort to give us better and more distinguishing body types. Think of this as Year 1.

His model is bigger than the one last year from what we've seen.

How can you defend that?

# 57 nuckles2k2 @ 08/15/16 06:51 PM
Quote:

The PG model this year looks like the 6'8'' SF I was rolling with last year. Far too thick with a wide midsection (but everyone has this...).

PG is a lean dude. Lean dudes don't exist in 2K anymore.

# 58 MarkWilliam @ 08/15/16 07:16 PM
Graphically its nice. I think they've made graphical improvements this year based on what I've seen (lighting, colours etc.).

But man - Paul George = beef!

He to me is almost the epitome of long and lean. When I think Paul George I certainly don't picture him with a build like this.

A pic a day every day at mid day they say? Keen to see the interest levels after X amount.

But sure, very nice graphics.

# 59 youvalss @ 08/15/16 07:25 PM
I guess we're at the peak of the graphical technology 2K will have this generation. Pretty much like where we were around 2K10 last gen. It's not going to get much better. I think that All they can do now is improve body types, faces and things like that. Around 2K11 they started to take away reflections (outside the paint), maybe to clear more resources for the little tweaks every year after.

Anyway, it looks good, didn't expect it to look much better than that. Animations/physics/signature styles - all can make it come to life even more. Hopefully it's part of the changes for 2K17.

# 60 Teddy_Long @ 08/15/16 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Looks good but why is he built like Corey Maggette here ?

a second i thought that was a cp3 screenshot.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.