Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K17 screenshot of Paul George (cover athlete) and post your thoughts.

UPDATE: Here is a higher resolution screenshot.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/15/16 09:38 PM

# 82 King_B_Mack @ 08/15/16 09:41 PM
Making no commentary on the actual picture in question here, but I feel it needs to be pointed out.

If you're going to post pictures of Paul George for comparison with this screen, then at the very least make them current/recent pictures of the man. Kyle Lowry just went from a pudgy dude to a cut little dude in one offseason. If you see a picture of Paul and his jersey has the NBA logo on the front of the jersey, then it's a picture from at least 3 years ago since we've already had two years of the NBA logo being on the back of the jerseys now.

# 83 nuckles2k2 @ 08/15/16 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

Please please please tell me that you see a diff between what dude looks like in real life vs these player models. Lol.

I'm worried about you ksutton.

The player models have so much "extra" it's insane.

# 84 nuckles2k2 @ 08/15/16 09:55 PM

Look at the ratio between his arm & the rest of his body in that pic, then compare it to here:

2K's models don't represent the lean build of these dudes, & it stands out when you play the game.

Game breaking? No.

Is it glaringly noticeable when you know who the players are? Little bit.

# 85 23 @ 08/15/16 09:57 PM

# 86 Teddy_Long @ 08/15/16 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
23, wasn't i the 1st to bring up the cp3 player model last year and people thought i was crazy? lol

# 87 swaggedout @ 08/15/16 10:05 PM
Maybe it's just me, but i don't see this buff thing that alot of you guys are seeing. I work out, and this pic is no where near buff, and his chest is not sticking out far. I just rewatched the first trailer and he looks pretty solid to me.

# 88 23 @ 08/15/16 10:07 PM
I only posted that because we have someone here almost on schill level defending everything. That is indefensible unless you roll with the I'm cool wit it crew and it doesn't matter then why bother defending it to death?

Some models are cool but there are some absolutely out of bounds, and for whatever reason they want you to think it's unimaginable

No it's not that serious, but surely 2k isn't perfect and can be improved.

It's not a bash on them, its a legit thing to be pointed out, not posting pics to fit your agenda/point.

PG is better looking detail wise than last year for sure... doesn't mean his model doesn't appear on the swole side...the side to side picture is right there.

# 89 swaggedout @ 08/15/16 10:13 PM
Some guys are to buff. CP3 is to buff, Rondo doesn't have a neck, but PG looks good to me. Maybe it's the angle, or the fact that its a close up and we can't see his whole body. But again, looking at thr trailer, he doesn't look buff to me.

# 90 MarkWilliam @ 08/15/16 10:15 PM
I think posting pics with your issues is huge and I believe encouraged.

There's criticism and then there's constructive criticism.

If 2Ks improvement is at heart, MARCH ON FELLAS!

# 91 Teddy_Long @ 08/15/16 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Some models are cool but there are some absolutely out of bounds, and for whatever reason they want you to think it's unimaginable
agreed.

# 92 The 24th Letter @ 08/15/16 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
agreed.

Whats the issue here?

Not disagreeing on anything, just wondering....

# 93 stillfeelme @ 08/15/16 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Whats the issue here?

Not disagreeing on anything, just wondering....
His head is too big for body. He has a long neck IRL but not in 2K. He has a very small head IRL.

# 94 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/15/16 10:57 PM
Skin tone does look improved

# 95 ForeverVersatile @ 08/15/16 10:59 PM
I think he looks bigger because his arms are longer in real life, but in the game the shorter arms makes his biceps look bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 96 akacmac911 @ 08/15/16 11:02 PM
I got from NLSC posted by PeacemanNOT↓

Attachment 122863

Talking about this whole Body Scan thing.... there are only 7 body types in the game:

Bodytype #1 - This is the most common body type. It is used for Create a Player, your MyPlayer and usually players who don't get face scans done.
Bodytype #2 - This is the skinny muscular body type. It's used by players like Dwyane Wade, DeMarcus Cousins, Kemba Walker, Derrick Favors etc.
Bodytype #3 - This is the skinny body type. It's used by players like Stephen Curry, Andrew Wiggins, Kevin Durant (2K16) etc.
Bodytype #4 - This is the muscular body type. It's used by players like LeBron James, Isaiah Thomas, Dwight Howard, Nene, David West etc.
Bodytype #5 - This is the awkward fat body type. It's used by players like Dirk Nowitzki, D'Angelo Russell, Andre Drummond, Jonas Valanciunas etc.
Bodytype #6 - This is the fat body type. It's used by players like Draymond Green, Glen Davis, Shaquille O'Neal, Al Jefferson, Zach Randolph
Bodytype #7 - This is the high school body type. It's going to be the body type that Kevin Durant is going to be using in NBA 2K17 and it looks ****ing stupid.

When they say body scans they don't mean they actually scan the size of the arm/legs etc.
All they do is scan the wingspan, the shoulder height, and the body length.*

To prove my point watch what happens when I swap out a player with the same body type and give them the same height, wingspan, shoulder height and the same body length as the previous player in this GIF.

GIF located here; scroll down: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=101634

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

# 97 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/15/16 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I only posted that because we have someone here almost on schill level defending everything. That is indefensible unless you roll with the I'm cool wit it crew and it doesn't matter then why bother defending it to death?

No it's not that serious, but surely 2k isn't perfect and can be improved.

It's not a bash on them, its a legit thing to be pointed out, not posting pics to fit your agenda/point.

PG is better looking detail wise than last year for sure... doesn't mean his model doesn't appear on the swole side...the side to side picture is right there.
Okay, I'll give you the CP3 picture. To me, that's looks like a clear cut case where the body model seem like it's waaaaayyyyy off.

This is clearly my opinion, but I think the PG model is fine. I've seen the previous trailer, and his body model seemed fine to me then. I chalked up the extra "buff" look more to the camera angle. Plus, his body model was fine to me in NBA 2K16, so I don't expect it to change for 2K17 unless 2K Sports is doing something new this season.

However, I refuse to let some people to use this single screenshot as a "clear example" that 2K Sports news to address the body models. IIRC, I thought 2K Sports was doing full body scans now...
I'll Google it later.

EDIT: Never mind. Someone was posting the body scan article as I was typing.

# 98 nuckles2k2 @ 08/15/16 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akacmac911
I got from NLSC posted by PeacemanNOT↓

Attachment 122863

Talking about this whole Body Scan thing.... there are only 7 body types in the game:

Bodytype #1 - This is the most common body type. It is used for Create a Player, your MyPlayer and usually players who don't get face scans done.
Bodytype #2 - This is the skinny muscular body type. It's used by players like Dwyane Wade, DeMarcus Cousins, Kemba Walker, Derrick Favors etc.
Bodytype #3 - This is the skinny body type. It's used by players like Stephen Curry, Andrew Wiggins, Kevin Durant (2K16) etc.
Bodytype #4 - This is the muscular body type. It's used by players like LeBron James, Isaiah Thomas, Dwight Howard, Nene, David West etc.
Bodytype #5 - This is the awkward fat body type. It's used by players like Dirk Nowitzki, D'Angelo Russell, Andre Drummond, Jonas Valanciunas etc.
Bodytype #6 - This is the fat body type. It's used by players like Draymond Green, Glen Davis, Shaquille O'Neal, Al Jefferson, Zach Randolph
Bodytype #7 - This is the high school body type. It's going to be the body type that Kevin Durant is going to be using in NBA 2K17 and it looks ****ing stupid.

When they say body scans they don't mean they actually scan the size of the arm/legs etc.
All they do is scan the wingspan, the shoulder height, and the body length.*

To prove my point watch what happens when I swap out a player with the same body type and give them the same height, wingspan, shoulder height and the same body length as the previous player in this GIF.

GIF located here; scroll down: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=101634

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk
Bingo.

Anybody who got heavily involved in hex editing 2K on the 360 might realize this. That's why I keep saying "the skeletons that are wrapped in the player likenesses."

Didn't really know how to dive into all of the details about the diff body types, skin-tones, cyberfaces, & how you could apply any of them to any player... I mean...I once had Soloman Jones running around with white legs (accidentally, when I first started hexing lol)

The pic speaks for itself tho.

2K needs to fix the models themselves. It's not the individual players.

Edit:

linked the gif for ya

# 99 Phreezy P @ 08/15/16 11:13 PM
Damn.

Could this be false advertisement?

# 100 Trackball @ 08/15/16 11:18 PM
Okay, I admit: How is this even possible?

Didn't they show Anthony Davis getting a full-body scan last year?

Because that DOES sound like false advertising to me--choosing the lazy route instead of scanning as many players as possible!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.