Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Eurohoops has revealed the NBA 2K17 Euroleague teams this year, featuring 21 of Europe’s top teams, and for the first time, it includes all 16 competing Turkish Airlines EuroLeague teams from the upcoming season. Also, according to Eurohoops, the five additional teams come from the 7DAYS EuroCup.

No word yet on whether or not the Euroleague will be available in any other modes.

Check out the teams below.
  • ALBA Berlin
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Brose Bamberg
  • Crvena Zvezda mts Belgrade
  • CSKA Moscow
  • Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milan
  • FC Barcelona Lassa
  • FC Bayern Munich
  • Fenerbahce Istanbul
  • Galatasaray Odeabank Istanbul
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria Gasteiz
  • Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Superfoods Athens
  • Ratiopharm Ulm
  • Real Madrid
  • Unicaja Malaga
  • Unics Kazan
  • Valencia Basket
  • Zalgiris Kaunas

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Junior Moe @ 08/17/16 09:27 AM
Dope. Now hopefully more effort is put into the players. At least get their heights correct. And incorporate this thing into ML/MGM/MP.

# 2 23 @ 08/17/16 09:51 AM
Is that less teams than before?

# 3 EZMADDEN @ 08/17/16 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Is that less teams than before?

Yes it is! Hopefully this isn't right. What's the point of only putting some of the teams in the game? Might as well just do away with them.

# 4 lvnba @ 08/17/16 10:23 AM
Yes, last year 25 teams were included.

I guess the improvement here would be that all the current Euroleague teams will be in the game, and not the ones from the previous season as it happened before.

# 5 23 @ 08/17/16 10:27 AM
Add dream team and team usa

Take away Euroleague teams

Just awesome

Not

# 6 Chargers_Are_The_Bes @ 08/17/16 10:29 AM
I wish would just get rid of the Euroleague teams completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 7 DC @ 08/17/16 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
I wish would just get rid of the Euroleague teams completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why is that?

I don't play with the actual teams, but releasing them into Free Agency for future years of my Franchise comes in handy.

# 8 The 24th Letter @ 08/17/16 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Why is that?

I don't play with the actual teams, but releasing them into Free Agency for future years of my Franchise comes in handy.
They make scrolling through teams when managing rosters a pain though....

Nah, I know there are some Euroleague fans though, let them cook

# 9 jayman504 @ 08/17/16 10:50 AM
AWWW SWEET!! I'll still be able to wreck dudes with my go to man Andrea Bargnani...LMAO "El Mago" 4 life...

P.S. If you believe that hot mess above ...god help you!

# 10 DC @ 08/17/16 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
They make scrolling through teams when managing rosters a pain though....

Nah, I know there are some Euroleague fans though, let them cook
Be thankful you have fingers to scroll

# 11 23 @ 08/17/16 10:53 AM
I play an olympic tournament with them. I dont want less

# 12 cool318 @ 08/17/16 11:29 AM
I find these team pointless for most of the american players. I rather have the D-League.

# 13 XxSpiritHunterX @ 08/17/16 11:31 AM
If anyone is wondering why the team count dropped, it is because the Euroleague decided to drop the amount of teams in their competition from 24 to 16.

Personally, I do enjoy the addition of the Euroleague teams even though I prefer to have the NBDL one of these years. Luckily, they got one thing right with them this year by having the teams of the upcoming season in rather than the previous season teams. But it probably won't mean much unless the rosters are accurate and/or if we can sign players from these teams in myLeague. Just hoping for effort with these teams and full immersion into the myLeague/GM modes.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

# 14 Junior Moe @ 08/17/16 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX
If anyone is wondering why the team count dropped, it is because the Euroleague decided to drop the amount of teams in their competition from 24 to 16.

Personally, I do enjoy the addition of the Euroleague teams even though I prefer to have the NBDL one of these years. Luckily, they got one thing right with them this year by having the teams of the upcoming season in rather than the previous season teams. But it probably won't mean much unless the rosters are accurate and/or if we can sign players from these teams in myLeague. Just hoping for effort with these teams and full immersion into the myLeague/GM modes.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. The Euroleage addition has added great value to NBA 2K for me. That's crazy considering I had no clue what a Euroleague was a few years ago. But when I get burned out of NBA ball I run a few with the Euros. I just enjoy playing with the teams and players. I understand that this is an NBA game and that they aren't a priority but like everything else I want to see it utilized more than just play now games.

# 15 Mikelopedia @ 08/17/16 12:20 PM
I'm just hoping a modicum of effort is put into the roster (unless we're finally allowed to edit player appearance, at least ones who have the generic Al Capone CAP face).

# 16 Junior Moe @ 08/17/16 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
I'm just hoping a modicum of effort is put into the roster (unless we're finally allowed to edit player appearance, at least ones who have the generic Al Capone CAP face).
Overall I'm hoping for a less is more type of year from 2K. What I mean by that is that Im fine with no major new mode or teams really. Just fix the stuff already here. Put more effort into the Euroleague roster. Touch up the legends faces and sig styles, even if it isn't perfect. MJ has been beaten to death but at least he's touched up. Get rid of the bumping on the perimeter and open the game up more. Tune momentum. That kind of stuff

# 17 iFnotWhyNoT @ 08/17/16 12:46 PM
We still haven't heard much on features this year for ML/MyGM so im still holding out hope they were able to implement these teams into the off-season. Come on draft and stash, buyouts, and free agents signing overseas [hopefully for a maximum of one year, so we can add them back to summer league to re-evaluate].

If not like it was mentioned above its always nice to stash some young euroleaguer's to free agency before you start ML/MyGM.

Also like Phris said, let's get a tourney Euroleague branded mode please. The crowds chanting soccer style and the different fiba style buzzer sounds. Personally this would take these additions from novelty to memorable.

check this out...https://youtu.be/nmedCLwVEg0

# 18 Mikelopedia @ 08/17/16 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
We still haven't heard much on features this year for ML/MyGM so im still holding out hope they were able to implement these teams into the off-season. Come on draft and stash, buyouts, and free agents signing overseas [hopefully for a maximum of one year, so we can add them back to summer league to re-evaluate].

If not like it was mentioned above its always nice to stash some young euroleaguer's to free agency before you start ML/MyGM.
This is what I'm ideally hoping for

From http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rrections.html .....

Draft Rights/Euroleague/D-League Assignments-
Currently in 2k, the free agent list is filled with guys who are likely to never play in the NBA again (mostly on the older side), the Euroleague teams are simply space eaters existing outside of the franchise experience where no one uses them, and 2nd round picks in MyLeague/GM typically are never heard from again after teams decline to offer them a contract to preserve space on the 15 man roster limitation.

I believe most of us simply want to fill that void!

Euroleague teams being playable is all but useless as clearly very little time or effort is dedicated to creating an accurate roster, and very few users actually want to replace current NBA teams with Euro teams. So they mostly just sit there ignored in Play Now mode. We DON'T want to see the D-League go this route.

Emphasis should be placed on having both the D-League and Euroleague as a place to stash, develop, and discover additional talent. Even if these teams are not playable, they should be accessible within MyLeague/GM and filled with REAL players. Players overseas with their rights held by an NBA team (such as Dario Saric) should be programmed as such. Players who have generic faces should be fully editable as well so we're not stuck with Dario Saric's current face. Even if the teams are just extensive "lists" of sorts, 2k could expand upon their simulated season stats as they introduced with draft prospects in 2k15.

Having these teams would keep more real players involved in the experience beyond just in Summer League, as well as have a place to stash our draft picks that we don't have room for and watch them develop (or not). Discovering new talent would also add a rewarding element to the experience, including seeing one of the has-been free agents make a comeback. Here are the rules as they apply to each of these scenarios:
  • Teams retain the rights to the players they draft as long as the player is playing professional basketball somewhere whether it be overseas or in the D-League (under a D-League contract of course). These draft rights should be allowed to be included in trades.
  • For players drafted in the first round, they are bound to the first round salary scale in the year they sign with the team. This applies for 3 years after being drafted. After 3 years, the player can be signed using cap room or any exception. This contract must be 3 years in length and more than 120% of the rookie scaled amount. (This is why some people feel Dario Saric should wait until 2017 to come to Philadelphia as he will no longer be bound by the rookie scale and can sign as Nikola Mirotic did.)
  • If a first round pick signs overseas or a D-League contract, then his 100% of the rookie scale cap hold only counts during the offseason. Unsigned 2nd round picks have no cap hold.
  • For D-League assignments, players under contract with an NBA team who have 0-2 years of experience can be assigned at any time to the D-League affiliate. Players with 3 years of experience or more can be assigned only if the player (and union) consents. There is no limit on number of assignments. Assigning a player does NOT free up salary or roster space however.
  • Teams can designate up to 4 players that they cut at the end of training camp to be assigned to their D-League affiliate. They sign D-League contracts and can be called up by any NBA team however.

# 19 pjt8405 @ 08/17/16 01:31 PM
For those inquiring about updated rosters for #NBA2K17 Euroleague plus Eurocup teams that are included in game. Look no further than the link below via @MarkPorcaro via Twitter. This guy is the guru of keeping track of overseas players.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I've also tweeted this info to @NBA2K and @2Kstauff for review pre-launch that way there hopefully will be a roster update on day one including correct players on teams.

# 20 Crunky @ 08/17/16 02:14 PM
I wonder if we can run with these teams in Playoff Mode, if not they need to bring back Tournament Mode.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.