Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Eurohoops has revealed the NBA 2K17 Euroleague teams this year, featuring 21 of Europe’s top teams, and for the first time, it includes all 16 competing Turkish Airlines EuroLeague teams from the upcoming season. Also, according to Eurohoops, the five additional teams come from the 7DAYS EuroCup.

No word yet on whether or not the Euroleague will be available in any other modes.

Check out the teams below.
  • ALBA Berlin
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Brose Bamberg
  • Crvena Zvezda mts Belgrade
  • CSKA Moscow
  • Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milan
  • FC Barcelona Lassa
  • FC Bayern Munich
  • Fenerbahce Istanbul
  • Galatasaray Odeabank Istanbul
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria Gasteiz
  • Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Superfoods Athens
  • Ratiopharm Ulm
  • Real Madrid
  • Unicaja Malaga
  • Unics Kazan
  • Valencia Basket
  • Zalgiris Kaunas

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Junior Moe @ 08/17/16 02:15 PM
I'd like to see the Euroleague simply have a tab in the MyLeague menus like the NBDL did back when they had it in. There we could see the teams, players and schedules. Even play games if we'd like. Once difference would be that some Euro players may have no ambition to play in the NBA. A guy like Sergio Lull would always stay over, no matter what.

For the NBDL they could do it exactly how it was done before with one difference. That is to populate it with the real NBA free agents sitting in free agency in the game. It was crazy to see all these generic guys on the teams when real NBA player with potential sat in free agency and eventually deleted altogether.

# 22 GuwopGeezus @ 08/17/16 02:46 PM
No sh*tty cell phone footage from Gamescom has leaked yet?

# 23 Crunky @ 08/17/16 03:03 PM
They need to grab themselves those video recording glasses for $20 if phones aren't allowed.

# 24 DatIsraeliGuy @ 08/17/16 03:11 PM
Maybe this year they'll update the European team once or twice. At least have badges on players, and correct data.
Either that or just don't have Euroleague teams.

# 25 BA2929 @ 08/17/16 03:14 PM
Here are the teams not in 2k17 that were in 2k16 as far as I can tell, unless team names have changed (I don't follow Euroleague):

Cedevita Zagreb, Croatia

Dinamo Banco di Sardegna Sassari, Italy

Limoges CSP, France

Neptunas Klaipeda, Lithuania

Nihzny Novgorod, Russia

PGE Turow Zgorzelec, Poland

Strasbourg, France

My guess is that there are licensing issues with these teams and that's why they're not available this year.

2k16 list:
Spoiler

# 26 vtcha @ 08/17/16 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
They make scrolling through teams when managing rosters a pain though....
Especially when you're trying to scroll from the 76ers to the Wizards -_-

Gotta go through them historic teams too lol

# 27 jmmontoro @ 08/17/16 03:48 PM
Scrolling is a UX failure, they need to add leagues/groups to scroll in. NBA, Euroleague, Historic, International, and everyone happy. There are a lot of teams in one of the MyGM screenshots so that list might not be final. http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?p=1853545#p1853545

# 28 emelki1968 @ 08/17/16 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
I wish would just get rid of the Euroleague teams completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You realize that NB2k is sold well in Europe, do you? It is an extra that thousands of people in Europe love. What I don't understand is the USA teams. Unless you have the whole olympic teams, can somebody explain to me the point of that?

# 29 jk31 @ 08/17/16 03:57 PM
I guess there is some kind of national teams included. I read that the Australian national team is also in the game. Would be just logical that there are some more teams included.

# 30 ZoneSix @ 08/17/16 04:00 PM
i forgot euroleague was even in the game tbh.

# 31 Vroman @ 08/17/16 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Here are the teams not in 2k17 that were in 2k16 as far as I can tell, unless team names have changed (I don't follow Euroleague):

Cedevita Zagreb, Croatia

Dinamo Banco di Sardegna Sassari, Italy

Limoges CSP, France

Neptunas Klaipeda, Lithuania

Nihzny Novgorod, Russia

PGE Turow Zgorzelec, Poland

Strasbourg, France

My guess is that there are licensing issues with these teams and that's why they're not available this year.

2k16 list:
Spoiler
There will be less teams in euroleague upcoming year as the tournament format changes to something similar to NBA (all teams playing each other twice in regular season).

So far those teams were made as lazily as possible. Basically just logos, jerseys and "auto-generated rookies" quality of players details. Waste of a license in creating them.

Although I do watch euroleague games, I won't care about its content in nba 2k games until it got proper attention to details and gets incorporated to some game modes ( playing some euroleague games in MC before moving to NBA would be really cool).

# 32 raidertiger @ 08/17/16 06:16 PM
Euroleague was an awesome idea but for some reason they never expanded it to MyLeague/MyGM. What a wasted opportunity.

# 33 23 @ 08/17/16 06:17 PM
i want more of this, not less

# 34 eye guy @ 08/17/16 07:10 PM
Meh.........

# 35 mvspree8 @ 08/17/16 07:45 PM
Hopefully this means Ben Hansbrough isn't an exact clone of Tyler except that he's a point guard.

# 36 jk31 @ 08/17/16 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

Cedevita Zagreb, Croatia
[/spoiler]

Wait, you misspelled the teams name:
It is Cedevitz Zagreb (I'm joking...but it's an evidence for not much effort on 2k's side, that Cedevita Zagreb is misspelled for 2 games in a row...

# 37 AmGroot @ 08/17/16 08:46 PM
I have a feeling we'll see a few new classic teams. At least that's what the hidden '06 Kobe model in 2K16 would indicated.
Also, we will probably get a few national teams along with Team USA and Australia's national team.

# 38 Damjan10 @ 08/18/16 11:29 AM
Great, now just give us a way we can actually play the tournament. Surely it can't be that hard to implement this, and then add a cutscene for the trophy presentation?

I'm from Europe and I watch a good amount of Euroleague basketball. Even if it's an unknown world for many, it's very different to the NBA, the entire atmosphere is different and some teams (dreaming of the day 2K accurately have Crvena Zvezda's fans in) have insane support. Look up Serbian and Greek teams during Euroleague matches, will blow your mind. The game is very different to the NBA (less reliant on athleticism and more on pure skill and technique)

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.