Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The trial version of Madden NFL 17 is available now for EA Access subscribers.

NOTE: It appears as though it isn't showing up for everyone in the EA Access hub. If you don’t see Madden NFL 17 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial or try a few tips from OS readers in this thread.

UPDATE: (8-18) It looks like users that pre-ordered and pre-downloaded are having issues accessing it. Hopefully EA and Microsoft can get that fixed sometime today.

REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 OhMrHanky @ 08/21/16 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
I haven't bought a Madden game in a few years, but got to to play Madden 17 a little bit and would like some advice and answers...

- Are there not really any options? (Settings were very limited.) Can we not re-arrange Fantasy Draft order, Force trades (couldn't trade 2 better players and a pick for a lower rated player rated in the 80s), have to wait to replace a team? I guess I am used to NBA 2K and haven't played Madden in a few years but was considering getting this year's game.

- Saving... How can you save when you want? Sometimes I like to sim to the future just to see how things might go and then quit without saving (because I play my games). But it seems to auto save.

- Disappointed that there was no Create a team (replace a team)? Think it will be in there next year, more like MyLeague in NBA 2K?

- Had Mariota at QB, I could take off early and run for yards, but if there was pressure it was like I was like he was P Manning with no chance to get away.

- I didn't feel like I had much control on defense and ended up simulating the possessions in the 2nd half of my game.

- Anyone else find it annoying to hold down A to skip cutscenes, instead of it skipping quickly? I don't ever watch that stuff, I want to play the when I'm playing and not waste time.

I'll answer a couple of these. Lol.
Saving when u want - u can create multiple save points in CFM. I think if press the button formerly known as 'select'. So, u could create multiple save points. Then sim out the one you're unsure of, and go back to the old one. I'm not sure if u can turn auto save off or not, actually, as I just always auto save.

Control on d - it feels like the game is pushing/pulling user player around a little more this year. I think it may be due to revamped d, and perhaps the devs thought everyone needed a little help at the snap? But, yeah, I feel a little heavy control on d, but I can still control what I want.

Annoying holding A for cutscenes - I think Rex mentioned that last year people complained that they were mistakingly skipping the halftime 'show' by pressing A which u normally do for cut scenes. So, they added a Hold A to skip cutscenes this year. Yeah, an option (like NBA 2k) to just skip cut scenes could be nice. I'll tell u what kills me in NBA 2k - why the Hell is the default for 'cut scene after made basket' set to 'occasionally'? I always set that to 'never'. I want to get going, get on the fast break, and this stupid game is showing me a meaningless cut scene? Lol

Mariota thing - yeah, actually, I think the QB scramble mechanisms triggered more appropriately in 16 so far. I've had some issues when I want to actually scramble by holding RT and the QB doesn't really 'take off'. Now, I'm using Matt Ryan, btw, but still, it felt better in 16, imo. Throwing on the run (tapping RT) feels a little hesitant, too, actually, imo, but feels better than scrambling. So, idk, it does feel a little off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 82 4thQtrStre5S @ 08/21/16 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Mariota thing - yeah, actually, I think the QB scramble mechanisms triggered more appropriately in 16 so far. I've had some issues when I want to actually scramble by holding RT and the QB doesn't really 'take off'. Now, I'm using Matt Ryan, btw, but still, it felt better in 16, imo. Throwing on the run (tapping RT) feels a little hesitant, too, actually, imo, but feels better than scrambling. So, idk, it does feel a little off.

I believe EA/Tiburon may be trying to lessen the ability of users to scramble and break coverage A.I. as apparently they have been able to do in previous Maddens?

In the one H2H game I played in the trial, rolling out and throwing on the run was still too successful, IMO..I would like to see more off target passes.

There has been plenty of discussions over the high accuracy of QB's in Madden over the years; one position has always been that making throws inaccurate would cause complaints from many competitive players because they do not like so called, random events that are out of the users hands; this was also the argument for why penalties are not very prominent. I have believed that creating more accuracy penalties while throwing on the run, and throwing while moving and across the body would provide visual actions that would explain to the user, in an understandable manner, as to why their QB is not always on target..

# 83 spoofrice11 @ 08/22/16 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I'll answer a couple of these. Lol.
Saving when u want - u can create multiple save points in CFM. I think if press the button formerly known as 'select'. So, u could create multiple save points. Then sim out the one you're unsure of, and go back to the old one. I'm not sure if u can turn auto save off or not, actually, as I just always auto save.

Control on d - it feels like the game is pushing/pulling user player around a little more this year. I think it may be due to revamped d, and perhaps the devs thought everyone needed a little help at the snap? But, yeah, I feel a little heavy control on d, but I can still control what I want.

Annoying holding A for cutscenes - I think Rex mentioned that last year people complained that they were mistakingly skipping the halftime 'show' by pressing A which u normally do for cut scenes. So, they added a Hold A to skip cutscenes this year. Yeah, an option (like NBA 2k) to just skip cut scenes could be nice. I'll tell u what kills me in NBA 2k - why the Hell is the default for 'cut scene after made basket' set to 'occasionally'? I always set that to 'never'. I want to get going, get on the fast break, and this stupid game is showing me a meaningless cut scene? Lol

Thanx for the responses.
I don't understand why the Madden people don't try to make their game a little more like NBA 2K. So many more options and freedom (creating teams, moving teams, changing divisions, fantasy draft order, forced trades, draft classes, etc).
I think I might go with NHL 17 this year and hope Madden adds a little more freedom next year.

# 84 OhMrHanky @ 08/22/16 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Thanx for the responses.

I don't understand why the Madden people don't try to make their game a little more like NBA 2K. So many more options and freedom (creating teams, moving teams, changing divisions, fantasy draft order, forced trades, draft classes, etc).

I think I might go with NHL 17 this year and hope Madden adds a little more freedom next year.

I may be being optimistic, here, but I believe we will see more from CFM in the next 2 years. Honestly, they have had to do so much work on the actual gameplay that has been a legacy issue for decades. Lol. Or, legacy issues, I should say. So, really, they've been allocating resources to that for the past 3-4 years. And, while some may not want to hear this, Rex said the gameplay is close to where he'd like it so they can work on more of the 'bells n whistles' than standard gameplay. I agree with him. While, there may still be outstanding gameplay issues, 16 was by far and away the best madden to date. And, 17 appears to be better (although a little early to tell for sure, but if the additions they made hold up, I'm willing to bet it will be better than 16). So, hopefully, they can allocate more resources to making CFM 'fun' and immersive. Although, on top of all of that, they are moving to frostbite engine soon, and I would think with M18, as FIFA 17 is already using frostbite. And, holy ish, man. I got access to FIFA 17 beta, frostbite engine is NO JOKE! Animations are silky smooth. Transitional animations. Overall gameplay is spectacular. And, graphically speaking, u can actually see the wrinkles in the jerseys moving! This may not sound amazing, but in motion, it is. And, right now, madden jersey wrinkles are stiff. No motion. They are not dynamic. I think those are the types of things we will get with frostbite. So, I'm predicting M18 will move to frostbite and try to tighten up animations/graphics. Now, if they go for a complete overhaul, that could be the bulk of their work - simply moving to frostbite and understanding the animations. I'm hoping they work closely with FIFA team on that to get a head start. So, really, CFM 'reality' could be more M19, depending on what they do. This all my own personal speculation, so do NOT take as gospel. And, we'll only know sometime next year as they announce what's coming for M18. So, yeah, in regards to your CFM madden or nhl question, if nhl has a franchise that u know u like, you'll prob want to hit that up, honestly, as maddens CFM does lack some customization that it sounds like u want. I haven't played nhl in awhile, so can't speak on it. But, in terms of pure gameplay and if football is your fav sport, I would def buy M17.

# 85 Gerg04 @ 08/22/16 05:06 PM
As soon as I try and start the Week 1 training in Franchise the game locks up and crashes to the dashboard.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

# 86 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/24/16 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by datni99achris
You are not alone...The trial button is gone for me and i only played 3 games and some skill trainers that equated to 2 hours and 48 minutes....7 hours gone for no reason....
This happened to me, too. My profile says I've played it for a little over an hour, but when I load up the game, it says I have less than 5 hours left. I know I haven't played the game for five hours yet, and I always completely close it out when I'm done.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.