Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Here is the first off-screen video footage of NBA 2K17 from Gamescom, courtesy of YMDgento.

Thanks dwnz!

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 poloelite @ 08/18/16 08:43 PM
so those screenshots really did add 15 pounds to everyone *wipes brow*

# 22 MarkWilliam @ 08/18/16 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
KD looks really good man.
Well.....besides the fact he's in a Warriors jersey....

# 23 raidertiger @ 08/18/16 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Well.....besides the fact he's in a Warriors jersey....
One of the best unis in the league son He'd look dope in the City throwbacks.

# 24 iLLWiLL @ 08/18/16 09:01 PM
Even though it's blurry, seeing some differentiation between Lebron's big calves/ankles as opposed to KD's or Kevin Love's...

# 25 Trackball @ 08/18/16 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
This is not a joke: the throwback Warriors jerseys with the cable cars on the back where the numbers go?
They were declared Best Uniform Ever by Paul Lukas of UniWatch.

The worst? The original Vancouver Grizzlies jersey. (I disagree with him here--I thought the logo was great.)

# 26 MontanaMan @ 08/18/16 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
This is not a joke: the throwback Warriors jerseys with the cable cars on the back where the numbers go?

The worst? The original Vancouver Grizzlies jersey. (I disagree with him here--I thought the logo was great.)
I love his blog but he's absolutely wrong lol.

# 27 KennyJ1976 @ 08/18/16 09:07 PM
Why everybody got to be first with some exclusive type BS? This video shows absolutely nothing. Just wait until you can get a quality video that does the game justice.

# 28 kolanji @ 08/18/16 09:15 PM
Good to see offensive players can now bump back defenders...what looks like irving bumping back curry as a defender didnt seem excessively done for a foul to be called when the animation clearly shows a slight push off with his bemd arm extended to get some space

Good to see defenders trying to catch up from behind didnt force a slow down bumping animation

The hesitation dribble looks smooth as heck and the step backs were a smooth transition into a jumpshot...

Am ready for more

# 29 TheDuggler @ 08/18/16 09:15 PM
Looks like the exact same "bump the ball handler non stop" defense as this year

# 30 raidertiger @ 08/18/16 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I love his blog but he's absolutely wrong lol.
Not many jerseys better than those City ones.

# 31 ZoneSix @ 08/18/16 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

i'd say its in the top 5 or 10... i think the run TMC era jerseys might be my favorite from them though.

# 32 MarkWilliam @ 08/18/16 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
Haha it was more a commentary on him joining a powerhouse (not the jersey itself).

# 33 stillfeelme @ 08/18/16 09:24 PM
  • I know there has only been like 3 possessions of rebounds but something about the rebounding looks improved. They added some animations to tip the ball to yourself.
  • I am liking the contest animations
  • I am not sure there is enough footage to say but it looks like they definitely added some new dribbler to on ball defense animations. It didn't look canned though. When Kyrie was backing Steph down. Steph sort of bumped back expecting a drive. Could be new 2-player animations with multiple outcomes

# 34 kolanji @ 08/18/16 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
Why everybody got to be first with some exclusive type BS? This video shows absolutely nothing. Just wait until you can get a quality video that does the game justice.

# 35 Junior Moe @ 08/18/16 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyswimmer7
That bump animation will single handedly derail the offense of 90% of the 2k community. I've been waiting years for them to get it right. Looks like they have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think there has to be a balance. I play mostly CPU and the constant bumping really stagnates and kills the offense. I'm not talking about plowing through people and spamming the paint. I'm talking about running a half court set and having Isiah Thomas literally get stuck to slow footed bigs like K Love and Hibbert on the perimeter. I should be blowing by those guys every single time or get a blocking call. I turned on ball D down to zero and it helps but it doesn't eliminate it.

On the other side of the coin I understand how needed it is against human players. I don't play online but I play my brother and cousins a good bit and the game would be unplayable without the bumping because all they do is iso with Bron or KD and drive the paint. It just has to be balanced right.

# 36 stillfeelme @ 08/18/16 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
i actually think that was Kyrie's strength pushing steph backwards and creating space. and then kyrie stepped back to create even more space. which is very promising.
Yeah I will take it either way it looked very realistic. hope it is not canned.

# 37 tril @ 08/18/16 10:02 PM
I like the stat overlays.

# 38 Dmanning2 @ 08/18/16 10:41 PM
I have no problem with the bump animation, physical play happens just rewatch the 2k16 finals..

In my eyes the problem is KD forcing LBJ to pick up his dribble. The best player in the game isn't picking up his dribble because someone stopped him from driving.

# 39 Dione2014 @ 08/18/16 10:48 PM
I wish 2K would get on ball defense correct for once. The fact that KD was able to stop Lebron in his tracks is terrifying. That is simply not how on ball d works in the NBA. You're not going to just completely stop good rim attacker from getting to the cup in reality. Either a charge, block or hip riding will occur (most times hip riding) and that's it. Only elite defenders can some times lock up a player enough to completely take away his path to the basket. And even then it doesn't happen often. Defense is and always has been about the help D. Your defense is only as good as the guys behind you. Maybe i'm taking this to serious. Otherwise the game looks great.

# 40 23 @ 08/18/16 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
I have no problem with the bump animation, physical play happens just rewatch the 2k16 finals..

In my eyes the problem is KD forcing LBJ to pick up his dribble. The best player in the game isn't picking up his dribble because someone stopped him from driving.
Exactly why is continuing to dribble not an option...

basically you just can't bowl your way in but that doesnt mean you just completely stop in your tracks... but i know that was put in years ago as a solution to some other problem

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.