Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Here is the first off-screen video footage of NBA 2K17 from Gamescom, courtesy of YMDgento.

Thanks dwnz!

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 LM1213 @ 08/18/16 10:57 PM
what's sad is 2k knew this would happen. they knew someone would post a phone video, instead of giving us a trailer or gameplay they would rather this come out. they basically let people market for them. it's really sad. this tactic is a shame. does it work, a little I guess, but you should be the first one to show videos, not your fans.

# 42 Tunechid @ 08/18/16 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
but see....thats just not real basketball.

if lebron james is running at you like that, one does not simply bump him off(especially not KD). His freight train reputation was earned. What one would expect to happen is a couple things.....

1)KD bodies up and gets a foul as thats really the only outcome for trying to stop a running Lebron...when you're a mediocre defender like KD.

or

2) KD gives up the lane but stays on his hip, lebron gets to the lane, Draymond collapses and then 1)lebron forces a layup over 2 guys or 2) passes to an open man bc of the draymond collapse and subsequent switching.

this footage isnt enough to really see anything of how the game actually plays all of these situations out.....but that bump was concerning bc it just isnt realistic at the end of the day(for this scenario).

So you would rather somebody just turbo down the court with LeBron every play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 43 LeBronistheKing @ 08/18/16 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechid
So you would rather somebody just turbo down the court with LeBron every play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not every play but if LeBron is driving to the rim he shouldn't be able to be bumped to a halt. If you want to stop it pack the paint with zone defenders like in real life. Make him a jumpshooter.

# 44 swac07 @ 08/18/16 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
it's really sad. this tactic is a shame. does it work, a little I guess
Its actually working for them alot..although I don't agree with the tactic it has folks going crazy on multiple social media outlets talking about those 7 to 12 second long cell phone clips of 2k17...be it positive or negative ...folks are talking about 2k...#MissionAccomplished

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

# 45 23 @ 08/18/16 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Its actually working for them alot..although I don't agree with the tactic it has folks going crazy on multiple social media outlets talking about those 7 to 12 second long cell phone clips of 2k17...be it positive or negative ...folks are talking about 2k...#MissionAccomplished

and again... its the quality of the game the devs make... Not hiding information from them while doing other contradictory things

# 46 swac07 @ 08/19/16 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
and again... its the quality of the game the devs make... Not hiding information from them while doing other contradictory things
True

# 47 Leasim96 @ 08/19/16 12:31 AM
About the bumping animations - it really depends if they made it either a standard for every player (id say its effectiveness should be dependant on defensive stats) - or if they made a counter for it. For example bumping into eachother type defense in my opinion should be a decently risky thing to do. A great player for example might draw fouls this way.

# 48 champ1997 @ 08/19/16 01:07 AM
The Game looks good to me

# 49 MarkWilliam @ 08/19/16 01:19 AM
Devs are DYING to talk about the game no doubt. I know Czar is itching....

If only the higher ups let him loose, oh the buzz around the place right now would be insane!

# 50 lvnba @ 08/19/16 01:38 AM
Second video: I love how LeBron cuts to the basket after giving the ball to Kyrie, nice awareness.

# 51 Dione2014 @ 08/19/16 02:02 AM
Here's 2 minutes of extra gameplay uploaded on Chris smoove's Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48pz1JsZIJE

# 52 jada855 @ 08/19/16 02:13 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen this is looking really good.

# 53 talucchesi @ 08/19/16 03:05 AM
Was gonna post impressions but yall are already on it, I expect nothing less.

Agree with basically all that is being said but I will add that...

-Shooting animation looked so much better, Klays release was very quick. Hopefully this is global
-Loved the bench reaction and the few GS fans celebrating in the crowd.
-Everything looks so smooth, it's really beginning to rivial real life...

# 54 michaelsan @ 08/19/16 03:35 AM
Don't wanna ruin the excitement but also 2k16 was smooth, fast and flawless and with the first small update after few days of release they ruined it immediately

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

# 55 The 24th Letter @ 08/19/16 06:08 AM
LeBron sequence wasnt really that deep to me...he was turboing down court and crossed over right into KD.

I dont want him phasing through that defender 'because he's LeBron'.

# 56 CaseIH @ 08/19/16 08:45 AM
Personally I dont take much out of a vid like this, but they are nice to see none the less. Hard to tell by watching, without have your hands on the controls yourself, but it did seem smoother and just something seem quicker about passes, but that might just be me since I havent played 16 in quite some time. Then again, I have thought the same things before, only to be fooled by 2k. Just guessing it probably is smoother, as thats something thats been slowly improving every year for a couple years now.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.