Home
F1 2016 News Post

F1 2016 arrives today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the launch trailer here.

If you get the game, let us know what you think.

Quote:
Featuring all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from this thrilling 2016 season, we’re very happy to tell you that F1 2016 boasts the most extensive Career Mode ever seen in the franchise. Stretching for up to ten seasons, you’ll be able to Create Your Own Legend, working with your Research and Development Engineer and Agent to get the most out of your time in FORMULA ONE™.

With action both on and off the track, we believe that F1 2016 is the most complete FORMULA ONE experience we’ve ever created. For the first time you’ll experience the pre-race tension of the Formation Lap, before the drama of manual starts. During the racing the iconic Safety Car makes a return and is complemented by the new Virtual Safety Car.

For the first time in the franchise, you’ll also be able to edit your field of view on not just the offset t-cam, but the t-cam as well across all platforms. This means you’ll be able to adjust the field of view to exactly how you’d like in F1 2016.

Online, F1 2016 has support for up to 22 players, allowing you to create full grids of human players. The brand new Multiplayer Championship Mode will also allow up to 22 players to compete against each other over the course of a season. You’ll be able to race together as team mates or battle it out as different teams.

In our saveable Multiplayer Championships, the host will be able to remove drivers, or substitute one driver for another. AI drivers are optional as well. Not only that, but you’ll also be able to quit and resume in between any session.

This will be the first time that you’ll be able to race the thrilling Baku street circuit, the home of the 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE, and drive for the new US-based Haas F1 Team.

Available now, F1 2016 Limited Edition includes the ‘CAREER BOOSTER’ DLC PACK, which will give players a head start in their career as well as exclusive Career Helmet and Laptop designs.

Game: F1 2016Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Lofty @ 08/19/16 07:43 AM
I have been playing since Tuesday and have to say that this is THE best F1 game ever. No bugs or glitches, no balance issues (so far) and a smooth frame rate. The feel with the G29 at default settings is heavy but I enjoy it now I'm used to it. Much easier to catch a slide properly mid corner. The cars feels good and the AI has fantastic pace.

I have experienced just one 'issue'; I have seen one safety car so far (not the issue), and it is either driving too quickly or the F1 cars are driving too slowly, so by the time it peels back into the pits I was still sat behind cars that had yet to catch the safety car 'train'.

It was picked up in some youtube videos but it may not be an issue as I have only seen it once so far.

No experience with online yet but for league racing there are all the tools, including full rules and a championship tool to save leagues.

Superb effort from Codies! I can't ask for much more. Massively impressed from first 3/4 days. 9/10

# 2 King of Kings @ 08/19/16 07:50 AM
For someone who only plays season mode and is picky about buying new games, is it worth $65? I'm already happy with '15.

# 3 chunt04 @ 08/19/16 08:34 AM
Waiting for my copy in the mail today. Can't wait to play career mode. To answer the above question, I would say yes this year is worth it as they have the safety car back in, formation lap and a full career mode spanning multiple seasons now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 4 poulka @ 08/19/16 08:43 AM
I'm still waiting on mine too. I ordered from target have yet to hear any word on my order.

# 5 jrdsvtk @ 08/19/16 11:22 AM
Pre-loaded the xbone version last night. Real excited to get in and play this.

# 6 berad88 @ 08/19/16 04:21 PM
Just ran the first race of my career and I loved it. Experienced no bugs. I saw the AI battling with each other, had a vsc for a short period of time. Late in the race the engineer told me that a couple drivers were having mechanical issues, as was I (engine problem causing a slight loss of power) I think that was actually a good thing at that point though as my tires were getting pretty bad. It was so fun. Can't wait to keep the career going.

# 7 poulka @ 08/19/16 04:36 PM
Man this killing me. I had to cancel my order as target didn't when they were getting called nearby stores and none had it. Will try for it next week.😔

# 8 Bullit @ 08/19/16 04:38 PM
Having an absolute blast with this. Haven't played and F1 game in years. This one will keep me very happy for a long time.

Is there a way to exit and save your progress in a session, say like halfway thru practice? I couldn't find a way but I figure you all have played these much more than I have.

# 9 Godgers12 @ 08/19/16 06:00 PM
Gamefly sent my copy yesterday, so hopefully I get it tomorrow, if not then I'll have to wait till Monday. Was hoping to get some PT in before Madden, but I can't be too picky. I had to manipulate my Gamefly Q to make sure I got this instead of some other random game.

# 10 Rules @ 08/19/16 06:01 PM
Today's laugh:

Downloaded it on Steam, set up my steering wheel and got my drink. Started the game................PC CRASH! Looked at the requirements and my video cards were not supported.

Ordered and waiting for the latest video card. Drank my beer and stared at the computer wondering what could have been.

# 11 Thrash13 @ 08/19/16 07:06 PM
I've never bought an F1 game and haven't even played a racing game of any kind in several years, but I just picked this up on a spur-of-the-moment decision! Haha. I've been following the news since it was announced, and after reading a few positive reviews, I took the plunge. I can't wait to get into it later this evening and into the weekend!

# 12 Solidice @ 08/19/16 07:14 PM
Got the game downloaded, got the graphic settings set up, got my wheel set up and was going to configure it after dinner and do some practice races to get used to the game, then the power went out due to the storms.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 13 Godgers12 @ 08/19/16 07:47 PM
Anyone know if they're going to add classic tracks in a DLC? I live 30 minutes north of Watkins Glen and it would be sweet if we could race on it. F1 stopped racing there in the 80's, no idea why, but they did. Would be nice to get other blasts from the past as well.

# 14 poulka @ 08/19/16 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Today's laugh:

Downloaded it on Steam, set up my steering wheel and got my drink. Started the game................PC CRASH! Looked at the requirements and my video cards were not supported.

Ordered and waiting for the latest video card. Drank my beer and stared at the computer wondering what could have been.
Feel your pain.

# 15 Solidice @ 08/19/16 11:19 PM
ran first race of Career as 2nd Haas driver.
Qualified 17th, Romain 13th, but we both got extremely lucky in the race.
we both were on a 1-stop strategy, I was doing a 50% race(29 laps), Expert AI. This strategy, thanks to a safety car that happen right after we both pitted, allowed us to both contend for the win.

Perez was also on the same strategy. he lead for a while, but Hamilton who was on SS tires, chase us down and blew past us both. I mean, he passed us and won by 19 seconds in 5 laps.

me, Perez, and Romain battled it out for 2nd, ended up with me and Romain both hanging on to podium spots.

Hass 2-3 in first race, and current constructor point leader.

now it obviuosly wont stay that way. we were 10-12 place cars in pace.

Spoiler

# 16 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/20/16 02:11 AM
I know they're different racers, but does this handle better than Project Cars? I never could find a setting that worked on that game. This game has my attention. Kind of want to run with Hamilton.

# 17 Tribe1 @ 08/20/16 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I know they're different racers, but does this handle better than Project Cars? I never could find a setting that worked on that game. This game has my attention. Kind of want to run with Hamilton.
This handles so much better than Project Cars. It's not even close. I've been able to get some decent times even with a controller

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

# 18 JMD @ 08/20/16 06:40 AM
Interesting video review of the game from Inside Sim Racing. Covers PC, PS4, X1 If you don't want to watch the entire video you can go to the 26:20 mark and get the recommendations for which platforms the game runs best on. Further back you can see it run on each platform and he gives the good and bad. This guy recommend staying away from the X1 version for now.

https://youtu.be/O8E0vtQCN8A

# 19 Rules @ 08/20/16 09:19 AM
Very in depth review. Happy I bought the pc version.

# 20 Godgers12 @ 08/20/16 02:40 PM
Welp, it didn't come today, have to wait till Monday fml.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.