Home
F1 2016 News Post

F1 2016 arrives today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the launch trailer here.

If you get the game, let us know what you think.

Quote:
Featuring all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from this thrilling 2016 season, we’re very happy to tell you that F1 2016 boasts the most extensive Career Mode ever seen in the franchise. Stretching for up to ten seasons, you’ll be able to Create Your Own Legend, working with your Research and Development Engineer and Agent to get the most out of your time in FORMULA ONE™.

With action both on and off the track, we believe that F1 2016 is the most complete FORMULA ONE experience we’ve ever created. For the first time you’ll experience the pre-race tension of the Formation Lap, before the drama of manual starts. During the racing the iconic Safety Car makes a return and is complemented by the new Virtual Safety Car.

For the first time in the franchise, you’ll also be able to edit your field of view on not just the offset t-cam, but the t-cam as well across all platforms. This means you’ll be able to adjust the field of view to exactly how you’d like in F1 2016.

Online, F1 2016 has support for up to 22 players, allowing you to create full grids of human players. The brand new Multiplayer Championship Mode will also allow up to 22 players to compete against each other over the course of a season. You’ll be able to race together as team mates or battle it out as different teams.

In our saveable Multiplayer Championships, the host will be able to remove drivers, or substitute one driver for another. AI drivers are optional as well. Not only that, but you’ll also be able to quit and resume in between any session.

This will be the first time that you’ll be able to race the thrilling Baku street circuit, the home of the 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE, and drive for the new US-based Haas F1 Team.

Available now, F1 2016 Limited Edition includes the ‘CAREER BOOSTER’ DLC PACK, which will give players a head start in their career as well as exclusive Career Helmet and Laptop designs.

Game: F1 2016Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 Solidice @ 08/26/16 12:07 PM
I believe mine is full weekend. 3 practices, 3 round knock-out qualifying, then 50% race.
races usually between 45-55 minutes.

FP1 I normally do the track acclimatization test and tire wear test.
FP2 I do the Qualify practice run.
FP3 I normally don't do too much on, sometimes just skip it.

If I wasn't able to get optimal, I would try again in another practice session.

plans change for wet weather, although I still do the tests in the rain to get rain practice in.

50% race is a nice distance for me. the game has a mid-race save feature, haven't tested it out to see what happens if you save and exit the game then back in to resume.

# 82 brandon27 @ 08/26/16 12:13 PM
Thanks for that feedback. Been running 30/30/30 practice, short qual, and 25% here. I'd like to run longer races, but I feel like after doing the practice programs to earn the upgrade points, and then qual, then the race it's taking so much time. I guess that mid-race save feature is a good idea. I forget that's there. Although even after running the 25% race, my finger is numb from working the gas trigger lol

# 83 Earl1963 @ 08/27/16 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Thanks for that feedback. Been running 30/30/30 practice, short qual, and 25% here. I'd like to run longer races, but I feel like after doing the practice programs to earn the upgrade points, and then qual, then the race it's taking so much time. I guess that mid-race save feature is a good idea. I forget that's there. Although even after running the 25% race, my finger is numb from working the gas trigger lol
If you really love racing sims you owe it to yourself to invest in a wheel and wheel stand / play seat. Less fatigue.

Bye

# 84 Rules @ 08/27/16 01:34 PM
Got my new PC card installed last night. Been playing all morning up until 5 minutes ago.

One word = AMAZING!

# 85 Earl1963 @ 08/27/16 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Got my new PC card installed last night. Been playing all morning up until 5 minutes ago.

One word = AMAZING!
Agreed, I love it so much that Assetto Corsa can wait for a price cut. [emoji2]

Bye

# 86 Rules @ 08/27/16 10:38 PM
I've started a career with full weekends and full races. I can pretty much save anywhere which makes it even more amazing on the pc.

# 87 brandon27 @ 08/28/16 08:55 AM
Did they remove the user stats section? Didn't this track user stats previously? Starts, wins, podiums, clean laps, passes, g-forces, etc, etc, etc

# 88 Rules @ 08/28/16 10:20 AM
On the PC I can view trophies. Don't see clean laps or any other user stats so it looks like it may not be in the game.

# 89 Lieutenant Dan @ 08/28/16 06:20 PM
Just finished the Russian track in my career w/Haas. Actually comfortable enough now that I removed brake assist and increased AI difficulty to Medium, and may go up another notch directly.

I wanted to say again how amazing this game is. I bet the Codies forums are relatively sedate this year compared to previous years LOL.

Great job guys. Thanks for a fun and involving game, beautifully polished.

Only thing I might ask for is to have some incidents happen with the AI during my 25% races that bring out the Safety Car, as i have not seen it yet.

# 90 cfiore99 @ 08/28/16 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Just finished the Russian track in my career w/Haas. Actually comfortable enough now that I removed brake assist and increased AI difficulty to Medium, and may go up another notch directly.

I wanted to say again how amazing this game is. I bet the Codies forums are relatively sedate this year compared to previous years LOL.

Only thing I might ask for is to have some incidents happen with the AI during my 25% races that bring out the Safety Car, as i have not seen it yet.
I would HIGHLY recommend going to 50% races. I started my career with Haas today and in Australia I qualified 8th and right off the bat in a rainy race start we had the safety car out as Palmer & Ericsson got together badly. I had a HORRID start and dropped 6 places. Then I had to pit an extra time so I dropped to 18th fought my way back to 12th and the team objective was 12th for me. My engineer tells me we have enough fuel for 4 laps and we had 5 left. I thought with safety car I would have been ok but I wasn't. I dropped to 13th in the last corner as I ran out of fuel and costed barely to the line in 13th. What a fun race! Bump to 50% and use a mid race save if you need to.

# 91 Lieutenant Dan @ 08/29/16 12:31 AM
About how many pit stops? 2?

# 92 cfiore99 @ 08/29/16 07:59 AM
Quote:
I had two choices for strategy, one or two stops. I was on a one stopper and then had to pit again. Most everyone else was on a one stopper.

# 93 Solidice @ 08/29/16 02:36 PM
Quote:
would depend on the track.
the race % scales tire wear automatically I believe.

some tracks you can do 1 stop(Australia for example). others, you would need 2-3 because the tracks just uses up more tires. I usually try for the 1-stopper if I qualified outside of the top 10, since you get the choice of your starting tires(although, this strategy didn't work for the Hungarian GP). if you qualify in top 10, you have to start on the tires you qualified fastest lap in Q2 with(or for short qualify, the set you posted your fastest time on).

this actually make the tire management practice R&D useful, if you run it on multiple sets of different compounds, you can get an idea of tire wear and how many stops you can do and how long the tires will be good for.

for safety car, make sure the option is turned on. I believe for some, it default to no safety car.

# 94 Solidice @ 08/30/16 09:03 PM
had mediocre qualifying for British and Hungarian GP, finished 6th and 8th in those races. I brought in 3 new upgrades for those races, it did help alot, the car just didn't seem to like those tracks. Grojean did very well, finish 5th in both races. Haas cars getting better.

then went to German GP, somehow ended up on the pole, just had an unbelievable lap to top the charts.

when it came to the race, me and Vettal both chose Soft tires in Q2, he qaulified 2nd. Vettel took the lead after lap 3, he never really looked back. He just had the best car out of everyone. I hung on to 2nd until the pitstop. came out 5-6th behind Vettel and some cars on Harder tires that ran longer on first stint. got by them really quick and put some distance between me and Riccardo who was in 3rd before the pitstops.

I was going to holding off to change into Supersoft for the last stop, but I notice Hamilton was coming fast and was within 20 seconds, so I pitted early and put on new Softs, time it perfect and came out right ahead. I hung on to get 2nd, Hamilton ended up pitting anyway, so I didn't have to, but wanted to make sure I came out in front of him.

Grojean Qualified 12th, but he finished strong and got 5th.

Belgium GP is next.

# 95 Lukin4 @ 08/31/16 03:26 AM
Quote:

Increase the damage from Full to Simulation, then you'll see the safety car and VSC

# 96 jrdsvtk @ 08/31/16 09:04 AM
If anyone picked this up for xbox one, shoot me an invite sometime. It'd be awesome to jump into an online race with other OSer's. I would have to tone down my driving style aka "The Verstappen Method"

# 97 Lieutenant Dan @ 08/31/16 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukin4
Increase the damage from Full to Simulation, then you'll see the safety car and VSC
Well that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the tip!

# 98 Solidice @ 08/31/16 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukin4
I have mine set to Full and still get VSC and Safety cars(PC)
there is a on/off option under race settings, before loading into the race. unless there is some bug, as long as that is on, you should get them if there is a big enough issue.

# 99 dsims @ 08/31/16 04:41 PM
Has anyone else had a serious problem with turn 8 at Baku? I was running in 19th on lap 4 when yellow flags appeared as I was approaching turn 7. I checked the replay and Verstappen had turned in too early, clipped the inside barrier and hit Perez. Verstappen ended up doing a back and forth manoeuvre blocking most of the track at a very narrow point and everyone else (maybe 10-12 cars) got stuck behind in the run up to turn 8.

This is where the real fun began. I was stopped still minding my own business along with the other cars when Wehrlein thundered into the back of me, smashing me into Nasr giving him (AND ME!) a stop-go penalty for a severe collision. All hell then broke lose with cars shunting each other, resulting in no less than 18 warnings for collisions being handed out.

Verstappen got a stop-go for illegal blocking, and then was disqualified along with Haryanto, Massa, Ericsson, Hulkenberg, Sainz and Grosjean for being parked in a dangerous location.

The only good thing to come out of this is there's only 15 cars left in the race, and the team wanted me to finish 17th!

# 100 Lukin4 @ 08/31/16 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I have mine set to Full and still get VSC and Safety cars(PC)
there is a on/off option under race settings, before loading into the race. unless there is some bug, as long as that is on, you should get them if there is a big enough issue.
I don't think it's an issue on PC, but I've seen it mentioned on a couple of other forums. On console even if you have the safety car setting on it won't appear much if at all unless damage is set to sim. Worth a try if you aren't seeing it come out when it should.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.