Home
F1 2016 News Post

F1 2016 arrives today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the launch trailer here.

If you get the game, let us know what you think.

Quote:
Featuring all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from this thrilling 2016 season, we’re very happy to tell you that F1 2016 boasts the most extensive Career Mode ever seen in the franchise. Stretching for up to ten seasons, you’ll be able to Create Your Own Legend, working with your Research and Development Engineer and Agent to get the most out of your time in FORMULA ONE™.

With action both on and off the track, we believe that F1 2016 is the most complete FORMULA ONE experience we’ve ever created. For the first time you’ll experience the pre-race tension of the Formation Lap, before the drama of manual starts. During the racing the iconic Safety Car makes a return and is complemented by the new Virtual Safety Car.

For the first time in the franchise, you’ll also be able to edit your field of view on not just the offset t-cam, but the t-cam as well across all platforms. This means you’ll be able to adjust the field of view to exactly how you’d like in F1 2016.

Online, F1 2016 has support for up to 22 players, allowing you to create full grids of human players. The brand new Multiplayer Championship Mode will also allow up to 22 players to compete against each other over the course of a season. You’ll be able to race together as team mates or battle it out as different teams.

In our saveable Multiplayer Championships, the host will be able to remove drivers, or substitute one driver for another. AI drivers are optional as well. Not only that, but you’ll also be able to quit and resume in between any session.

This will be the first time that you’ll be able to race the thrilling Baku street circuit, the home of the 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE, and drive for the new US-based Haas F1 Team.

Available now, F1 2016 Limited Edition includes the ‘CAREER BOOSTER’ DLC PACK, which will give players a head start in their career as well as exclusive Career Helmet and Laptop designs.

Game: F1 2016Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 Stormyhog @ 09/08/16 08:43 PM
Sounds like codemasters is investigating a PS4 Pro patch in the future. http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/f1_201...r_f1_2016.html

# 162 Earl1963 @ 09/09/16 04:40 PM
I don't have a 4K tv sadly, so no need for the pro

Sent using a telephone

# 163 JMD @ 09/15/16 09:26 AM
I was ready to buy this game on Friday the 2nd but I fell off a ladder and broke my darn arm and sprained my wrist. Definitely picking this up when I'm healed up. I can do some light gaming now but no intense racing yet.

# 164 Earl1963 @ 09/15/16 08:15 PM
For those that haven't tried it you should at least get it when the price goes down. I had it since launch and its still my favorite game.

Bye

# 165 Rules @ 09/15/16 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I was ready to buy this game on Friday the 2nd but I fell off a ladder and broke my darn arm and sprained my wrist. Definitely picking this up when I'm healed up. I can do some light gaming now but no intense racing yet.
Heal up pal. Now is my chance to beat you at one of these games

# 166 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/15/16 10:56 PM
picked this up today

# 167 Inverarity @ 09/20/16 12:05 PM
All the pre-release buzz about Nascar Heat got me itching to try a deep racing game career mode. With its lackluster reviews and seemingly shallow career, I decided to skip Heat and began reading about alternatives, which landed me squarely on F1.

I'm glad it did.

I grabbed this over the weekend and I am loving it. I am by no means a racing game veteran, and I'm definitely not someone who follows F1. But this game may change me. Everything about it is deep and polished and a ton of fun. As a newb, the number of driver assists are great, and the tutorials, while short, do help introduce a few basic concepts.

The race weekends and their practices are what really work well. They turn a single race into something that really feels like an event, which leads to a much deeper-feeling career mode. I'm only 2 weeks into my first season, but already I feel like I'm invested. The entire thing feels alive.

Anyway, I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I thought I'd leave this here in case any other folks like me came stumbling in. I like this enough that I'm not just recommending the game, but I'm looking forward to learning more about the real F1 (which is the true sign of a great sports game: making you more interested in the actual sport!).

# 168 krtgolfing @ 09/20/16 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverarity
All the pre-release buzz about Nascar Heat got me itching to try a deep racing game career mode. With its lackluster reviews and seemingly shallow career, I decided to skip Heat and began reading about alternatives, which landed me squarely on F1.

I'm glad it did.

I grabbed this over the weekend and I am loving it. I am by no means a racing game veteran, and I'm definitely not someone who follows F1. But this game may change me. Everything about it is deep and polished and a ton of fun. As a newb, the number of driver assists are great, and the tutorials, while short, do help introduce a few basic concepts.

The race weekends and their practices are what really work well. They turn a single race into something that really feels like an event, which leads to a much deeper-feeling career mode. I'm only 2 weeks into my first season, but already I feel like I'm invested. The entire thing feels alive.

Anyway, I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I thought I'd leave this here in case any other folks like me came stumbling in. I like this enough that I'm not just recommending the game, but I'm looking forward to learning more about the real F1 (which is the true sign of a great sports game: making you more interested in the actual sport!).
Same reason I got into watching F1. Just was playing a video game and really enjoyed it and started following the sport. I typically watch both qualifing and also the race the following day. Worst case I watch at least the race. The race this past weekend in Singapore was exciting. Wish the race went on another lap or two so we could see the battle between Rosberg and Ricardo. Ricardo probably would of passed Rosberg easily.
I am moderately enjoying the Nascar Heat game but the F1 game blows it away!

# 169 Stormyhog @ 09/20/16 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krtgolfing
Same reason I got into watching F1. Just was playing a video game and really enjoyed it and started following the sport. I typically watch both qualifing and also the race the following day. Worst case I watch at least the race. The race this past weekend in Singapore was exciting. Wish the race went on another lap or two so we could see the battle between Rosberg and Ricardo. Ricardo probably would of passed Rosberg easily.
I am moderately enjoying the Nascar Heat game but the F1 game blows it away!
Yep rugby video games did the same for me. It taught me the sport so when I did watch it on tv I understood what was going on.

# 170 polyduster @ 09/23/16 08:53 AM
Just bought the game last night for PC and I'm having a blast so far.

Once I finally got my crappy T80 wheel up and running and fine-tuned, I started up a quick race at Australia. I love the TV style presentation!!!! It really brings the pre and post race events to life. The race did not fair well for me (damn rain lol), but I had fun learning how to control the car.

Next, I tried the Multiplayer mode. I found one room that displayed an icon for a poor Internet connection, but it was the only room with more than two people. I didn't experience any lag at all, and besides a couple of people spinning me out, I really enjoyed playing against other humans.

Last mode I tried was the Career mode. I really enjoy the customization of each race weekend. I set it up for three practices, short qualifying, and 25% race. I joined Haas Racing since they are the only US owned team and set off. I like the challenge of improving the car through practice sessions. I started the race in 7th, but finished third. I'm going to bump the AI difficulty up from Medium to Hard before the next race.

Overall, I give the game a 9 out of 10. Great job Codemasters after the lackluster F1 2015.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 171 polyduster @ 09/23/16 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Yep rugby video games did the same for me. It taught me the sport so when I did watch it on tv I understood what was going on.
I love that a lot of the sports I watch today were introduced to me through playing the video game first.

Hockey - NHLPA 93
Soccer - FIFA International Soccer 93

I just started watching F1 after researching F1 2016. Since I have a 3 year old son who gets up at 6am on the weekends, the English Premier League and now, F1 has given me something to look forward to watching on those mornings.

I haven't decided on an F1 driver yet, but I will root for the Haas team until I do. I'm bummed out there is not a race this weekend. I guess that means more time playing F1 2016!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 172 JMD @ 10/09/16 05:03 PM
This game is on sale on the U.K. PSN store.

# 173 JMD @ 11/08/16 06:40 AM
There's a demo out now on both consoles. I tried it, I liked it but didn't find it a whole lot different then 2015 except for the career mode of course. Yeah it looks a bit better but the racing felt similar to me. I'll wait for a sale to come around again.

# 174 Chiefsfan881129 @ 11/23/16 10:52 AM
How is this game noticed it's on sale in psn store & I never played an f1 series before.

Is this game worth getting or should I pass & wait for a price drop to like $20?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

# 175 pk500 @ 11/23/16 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
How is this game noticed it's on sale in psn store & I never played an f1 series before.

Is this game worth getting or should I pass & wait for a price drop to like $20?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
This is a superb racing game, especially if you have any interest in F1. Fine driving model, compelling career mode, good AI, nice graphics, accessible to all skill levels due to various settings.

It's the complete package. I don't feel ripped off one bit, and I paid full price. Grab it at any discount. You'll enjoy it!

# 176 Mongo14 @ 11/24/16 10:35 AM
This game got me into F1 after being a huge NASCAR fan. I'll be waking up early Sunday to see if Nico can finally get a championship from Lewis.

# 177 Hunkerdown @ 11/28/16 08:31 AM
Trying the trial out, game seems awesome, but i need some controller settings so I do not have to use assists as much, or is that the only way?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 178 pk500 @ 11/29/16 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Trying the trial out, game seems awesome, but i need some controller settings so I do not have to use assists as much, or is that the only way?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
No shame in using a few assists. It's a game, not a root canal.

I use ABS and medium traction control, as it's tough without them on a controller. The car still moves around plenty, even with these assists.

# 179 Bullit @ 12/02/16 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
No shame in using a few assists. It's a game, not a root canal.

I use ABS and medium traction control, as it's tough without them on a controller. The car still moves around plenty, even with these assists.
I will second this. I ran a whole season using a controller with all assists turned off and man it was brutal. I mean really brutal, I found myself chasing difficulties, setting etc. until I realized I was not having fun. Kind of what I went thru years ago with The Show. I got so involved chasing slider and rosters I forgot the most important thing. It was baseball and I was supposed to having fun. So for the last two years I have played with default rosters and sliders and I have finished upwards of 4 years of franchise a game.

So ,back on topic, I started over in F1 set everything back to default and went with Medium AI and Medium traction control with the racing line on while I learn all the tracks for the practice only. Now I am actually having fun and the world didn't end because I wasn't playing a "true sim" experience. We tend to forget that we can change settings anytime we want nowadays. If I start winning to much or feel to comfortable I can up the settings. But I am certainly now more concerned with having fun.

# 180 pk500 @ 12/02/16 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
But I am certainly now more concerned with having fun.
This should be framed and hung above the consoles of every gamer. This hobby is about having FUN. Everyone has different definitions of fun, and those interpretations are all worthy of respect.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.