Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K17 trailer, titled Friction and post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/22/16 12:51 PM
Everyone knows the real hype video is the 2nd trailer just like last year .

# 142 VDusen04 @ 08/22/16 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Its likely neither.

There were times this happened in 2k16 and as we see will happen in '17 at times. Guess it depends on if you catch it in replay or not.

NBA games simply havent perfected this as of yet.
I thought the hand-rim interaction was on its way to looking pretty sharp toward the end of last gen.

2K13:

Obviously a few screen shots don't tell the whole story (for better or worse), but was just casually observing what 2K provided in the case of the trailer.

# 143 lakers24 @ 08/22/16 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjrchris2
This trailer has got to be from an old build cause nothing screams 2k17. I want that holy s!#$ feeling when watching these trailers. The courts still look the same and too bright which sucks. C'mon already is it that hard to get the lighting right? I guess 2k14 will be the only game that got it right. Meh. Players look like 16 with the exception of a few. I'm really hoping this is old cause NBA 2k16.5 ain't cool. Well there's actual gameplay still waiting to be seen not called gamescom ghetto footage to really wow me. If you told me this was a scrapped trailer for 2k16 I'd believe it
Well I don't think much can "wow" us until probably after Project Scorpio and Neo drop, and even then I'm not sure it'll be a huge leap.

Also, it's obvious that parts of this trailer is from older builds. A dead giveaway is Jimmy Butler as the scan in this trailer has the old hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Everyone knows the real hype video is the 2nd trailer just like last year .
Momentous trailers always deliver

# 144 Crunky @ 08/22/16 12:57 PM
There were alot of positives in the trailer.

Things that made me go wow.

Russell Westbrook facescan finally.

Simmons looked so lifelike.

Finally on defense can ride the hip of offensive player.

Alot of positives.

Negatives:

Jimmy Butler looks like Justice Winslow.

Paul George is to bulky with no muscle definition.

# 145 de_jesus @ 08/22/16 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
A lot looks good, a lot looks bad. It's pretty much par the course for 2k honestly. Lots of hits and lots of significant misses. They really need an art team detail expert.
Would love to hear about these significant misses.

# 146 The 24th Letter @ 08/22/16 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I thought the hand-rim interaction was on its way to looking pretty sharp toward the end of last gen.

Obviously a few screen shots don't tell the whole story (for better or worse), but was just casually observing what 2K provided in the case of the trailer.
It's gotten even better than last gen...as there were even more times hands went through rims back then.

Just takiing a look in the photographic thread shows how far weve come though...majority of the times its clean.

Its just not something thats been completely eliminated yet. Youll see a hand slip through in replay every once in a while...as much time as I spend in replay I spot it here and there.

# 147 Mikelopedia @ 08/22/16 12:59 PM
The funny thing about the Dwight Howard hair, 2k for whatever reason gave him that high fade in a patch in 2k15 and he's had it since. Problem is, he never had that haircut, ever lol. It was a poor attempt at mimicking his fauxhawk at least from the front angle.

As I watch through again, although Im aware it's been beaten to death but for good reason, the body types are stressing me out lol.

It seems like everyone who is thin got the KD high school body type, and I'm sorry that's just wrong.

Bosh was skinny enough in 2k16, he looks horrendous in 2k17. Yes it works for Ingram, but that's about it.

Da_Czar can make fun of the community's response to the body type issue all he wants, fact of the matter is, I don't want to hear the words "body scan" anymore cause it's rather insulting at this point. There's still only a handful of body types that are just assigned to each player, and it looks like they maybe added 2 to the 7 they had in 2k16 (assuming they didnt remove any).

Because of that lack of variety, the gap between players that are too skinny and players that are too wide is obvious. And other than David Robinson's bicep (which still isn't enough for him) in the screen shot that greats us at the top of the page everytime we load up this forum in our browser, the body fat to muscle mass ratio is just jarringly inappropriate. Skinny guys are included in that.

Yes it looks good on some guys, Zach Randolph, Brandon Ingram, LeBron, and Draymond are lucky that 2k happens to have their body type (minus LeBron having fat legs). But again, with less than 10 choices for body types, there are obviously going to be these problems where maybe 25 guys look great, and most look off.

The fact that a players weight also has absolutely no effect on their body type, is sub-problem with this. Including when you change someone's weight from say 195 to 235, they stay exactly the same. Even Madden has the ability to change this (up to like 290lbs at least lol)

# 148 Slegger @ 08/22/16 12:59 PM
If it plays like 2K16 I'm going to enjoy it a lot.
If the defense is more realistic as noted from the leaked footage I am going to have a blast.
If on top of that the overall look and feel of the game is improved as this trailer suggests, I probably have to check into rehab by Februari.

# 149 VDusen04 @ 08/22/16 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It's gotten even better than last gen...as there were even more times hands went through rims back then.

Just takiing a look in the photographic thread shows how far weve come though...majority of the times its clean.

Its just not something thats been completely eliminated yet. Youll see a hand slip through in replay every once in a while...as much time as I spend in replay I spot it here and there.
Right on. 'Twas Googling 2K16 dunks for comparison and most of the hand-rim interaction looks pretty sharp.

# 150 tsbmolina @ 08/22/16 01:01 PM

# 151 The 24th Letter @ 08/22/16 01:01 PM
Is Dwights hair still the same?

23 is gonna have a fit

'Chili bowl'

# 152 ForeverVersatile @ 08/22/16 01:03 PM
meh, are we getting a momentus trailer? Another thing is why is Dwight's hair not updated, D-Wade hair never right, it still has that super dark bit on top when it should be even. Stuff like that drives me nuts. Need some accuracy or at least try.

# 153 Eat_hits @ 08/22/16 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Ugh so the Knicks court is still that hideous baby blue color?

Come on 2K it's literally the same color as their jerseys. You guys had this same problem back in 2K13.
You do know that NBA live has the rights to MSG, right? 2K can't make the exact replica.

# 154 rhein77 @ 08/22/16 01:09 PM
It looks as if 2ks message in this trailer is that this is a more physical game... It looks like they have adequately equipped the defense to match offense. I hope that offense is balanced accordingly and that offensive moves were not nerfed to combat cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 155 KidHypeTellem @ 08/22/16 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
There were alot of positives in the trailer.

Things that made me go wow.

Russell Westbrook facescan finally.

Simmons looked so lifelike.

Finally on defense can ride the hip of offensive player.

Alot of positives.

Negatives:

Jimmy Butler looks like Justice Winslow.

Paul George is to bulky with no muscle definition.
Russell's face looks the same to me. Just looks like new hair and a touch up on features. Could be wrong, but I don't think he's scanned.

# 156 Zeke11 @ 08/22/16 01:09 PM
Well Dirk still looks horrible

# 157 GSW @ 08/22/16 01:13 PM
Player models look fantastic.

Love the physicality but hope its *controlled* and not automatically generated like in 2k16 under the basket.

# 158 LorenzoDC @ 08/22/16 01:13 PM
To me what looks different are the little animations as players contact each other. I think they may have worked on more of the little thngs that allow for more realistic movement that involves contact, both with other players and with the ball.

That could have some very nice actual gameplay implications.

# 159 de_jesus @ 08/22/16 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat_hits
You do know that NBA live has the rights to MSG, right? 2K can't make the exact replica.
Is this true for any other arenas?

Also, that's a mind blowing fact for me.

# 160 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/22/16 01:18 PM
The lack of muscle definition for players who should have it like Westbrook, Butler, Pippen, Jordan, etc....really bothers me. It's a glaring omission that takes away from how good the graphics are otherwise. 2K really needs to rework their body scan system.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.