Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Polygon has posted their NBA 2K17 hands-on impressions. Samit Sarkar goes over quite a few things, including freelance offenses for every team, better help defense, timed layups, 2K U with Coach K and much more.

Quote:
"If I can expect you to make a move and show the ball unprotected, I can time my button press" and knock the ball away, said Jones, who did this exact thing to me when we played each other. This applies to passes, too. Jones acknowledged that throwing the ball willy-nilly into the key was almost a "money" play last year. In about half an hour playing NBA 2K17, I saw multiple passes to the paint get deflected and even picked off. The ball just felt more live, whether on passes, steals or rebounds.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 Vni @ 08/22/16 03:49 PM
I wonder if it has an impact on the animation itself though. Like if you time it longer does the animation play out for longer aswell ? (I feel like this sentence sucks but you can get what I'am saying)

# 62 alabamarob @ 08/22/16 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I wonder if it has an impact on the animation itself though. Like if you time it longer does the animation play out for longer aswell ? (I feel like this sentence sucks but you can get what I'am saying)
It would be sweet to hang in the air for layups or shoot quick one's off the wrong foot.

# 63 The 24th Letter @ 08/22/16 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I bet the meter responds more to the situation than vice versa....I keep picturing IT going for one of his patented layups where he leads with his body and finishes with his off hand for some reason..

# 64 TarHeelPhenom @ 08/22/16 03:56 PM
Im sure as far as layups go itll be optional like the other shots...either using Shot Timing or True FG %.

# 65 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/22/16 03:58 PM
Article got me pumped to want to play defense now...

Good read.

# 66 Vni @ 08/22/16 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I bet the meter responds more to the situation than vice versa
I'am not sure what you mean.

# 67 stillfeelme @ 08/22/16 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
It would be sweet to hang in the air for layups or shoot quick one's off the wrong foot.

Yep
  1. Yes, quick should be get it up before the shot blocker comes basically shoot it on the way up or wrong foot
  2. Normal should be normal release you are going to shoot it normally like you don't care whether you get it blocked
  3. Should be hang in the air layup on the way down

# 68 tt500 @ 08/22/16 04:04 PM
With changes to layups, hope they made fixes to dunking in traffic and fast breaks. The offensive awareness should allow players to be smart about the dunk animation that would be performed in certain situations.

In 2k16 there's too many chase down blocks by non-blockers cause of those cocked back dunks.

Also hate the block spammers, so many times I pass inside and the opponent spams the block, I should be able to get a easy 2 pts but they usually get a block cause my guy put the ball behind his head. The recovery for block spammers are also too quick, even open layups get messed up because they recover too quick.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

# 69 GuwopGeezus @ 08/22/16 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I'am not sure what you mean.
I think he means the layup animation will be determined first depending on context, then the perfect release point will be based on what the animation is

# 70 Vni @ 08/22/16 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuwopGeezus
I think he means the layup animation will be determined first depending on context, then the perfect release point will be based on what the animation is
Oh I see, thanks.

# 71 Black Bruce Wayne @ 08/22/16 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
Sadly sounds like there isn't much love for single player these days.

I for one have little interest in online e-penis modes.
It's the first day of news.

# 72 Urrbo1 @ 08/22/16 04:39 PM
One thing that's need to be implemented is the ability to do a fake pass layup and behind the back layups. Euro dunks need to be added in this game along with spin dunks. To make it balances only certain players with certain attributes should only be allowed to do this. I've been asking for this for the past 4 games I know it's probably hard to do but you at least see these moves in a real NBA game at least 2-3 times

# 73 Urrbo1 @ 08/22/16 04:42 PM
And the hustling and diving for the ball needs to be fixed cause the last few years it has been horrid

# 74 raidertiger @ 08/22/16 04:46 PM
That shot stick precision shooting feature sounds terrible. Hope we can turn it off.

Everything else on point though.

# 75 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/22/16 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urrbo1
One thing that's need to be implemented is the ability to do a fake pass layup and behind the back layups. Euro dunks need to be added in this game along with spin dunks. To make it balances only certain players with certain attributes should only be allowed to do this. I've been asking for this for the past 4 games I know it's probably hard to do but you at least see these moves in a real NBA game at least 2-3 times
Fake pass layups have been in the game since last year probably even 2k14.

# 76 Urrbo1 @ 08/22/16 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Yea but it's been the same stupid animation and not all players can do it.

# 77 vtcha @ 08/22/16 04:53 PM
Damn Simmons looks neat...

# 78 Urrbo1 @ 08/22/16 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GPA7dgcKxWM
This right here is what I want out of the game the damn move looks dumb and barely gets the other players to move. There needs to be more animations added to this move and make it more realistic because when ever a player falls for this move there is wide open space to the basket

# 79 Gosens6 @ 08/22/16 05:12 PM
Man, I'm ready for this game. Let's gooooooo

# 80 Insight23 @ 08/22/16 05:29 PM
What a great read. Hoping these new features are implemented in the best way & are not patched out when some users inevitability get pissed about them. This was better for me than the trailer. Which I liked as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.