Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

More NBA 2K17 player ratings are being revealed by the actual NBA players on Twitter. Below are the ones that have tweeted so far, click the links below for a screenshot of the player in NBA 2K17. We will continue to update this post as more screenshots and ratings are revealed.Your thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 scottyp180 @ 08/25/16 10:27 AM
I never fully understood the complaints about 2ks marketing.

CAN they do better? Absolutely. No argument here. Their marketing isn't a brilliant, flawless strategy.

However do they NEED better marketing? If they improved their strategy and released information weeks/months earlier would it really have that much of a positive influence and effect on sales or the overall view of the game? MAYBE for casual fans but I'm of the mind set that if people see something they like they'll want it regardless of when they receive that information.

I also think the WHAT is more important than the WHEN. Technically our first bit of information came months ago during playoffs when the Kobe edition was announced followed by the Paul George cover announcement. The WHEN aspect was plenty early, however the WHAT and content of info isn't much to get excited about.

What annoys me is that the majority of people on this board and site are likely buying the game regardless of when information is released. Do any of us honestly care about the marketing or do we just want official information as soon as possible? the timing of info wont cause anyone to skip the game but the content of info will. If the improvements sound great we will buy if there is a lack of improvement and updates we will consider skipping.

# 142 23 @ 08/25/16 10:40 AM
Ser don't need a novel capping for them

We have willie reed jr

# 143 23 @ 08/25/16 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Damn I missed out on some fun last night [emoji38] [emoji38]
Almost bad russ levels

Not quite but almost

# 144 Sitew33 @ 08/25/16 11:19 AM
I think its hilarious how some come on here and get upset that people are upset at the way NBA2K is marketing the game. "MOst of the people complaining are going to buy the game anyway". Yeah, ya think? MOst of us have said so but no matter how much we complain about this they're still going to release the game every year. Yeah, yeah we know they have to appeal to the casual/new fan but that's to get them to buy the game. If you pay attention our issue is the very little info release then wanting to pushing the pre-order to the die hard fan. This goes on every year especially with social media. Funny thing is that the same people saying that they don't like coming on O.S. because all we do is complain are coming on here hoping and looking for the same info we are and upset by what they see. This is the "I hope they", "I wonder if", "They better or better not...... or I'm not buying this year", "When are we gonna see", "Ronnie & LD2K are the devil" time of year. LOL

# 145 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/25/16 11:22 AM
Quote:
I'm all for a good roasting session but hopefully all the Ronnie and LD bashing doesnt stop the rest of the team from being able to post here...its been especially heavy this year....
"Man stop caping(word of the month on OS)for those people. You sound like everyone else"

Hope they plan on updating my man Skilpatrick before the season starts. That looks like nothing like him at all.

# 146 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/25/16 12:02 PM
Quote:
I'm all for a good roasting session but hopefully all the Ronnie and LD bashing doesnt stop the rest of the team from being able to post here...its been especially heavy this year....
That's what I'm afraid of, and that was the reason why I stopped going to the original 2K Sports forum. Ronnie 2K used to post their quite frequently, then it started become a place where people b*tch and complain about some of the dumbest things and ALL THE TIME.

This forum feels like it's heading in that same direction. Personally, I LOVE the fact that devs do interact and get feedback from the community.

# 147 The 24th Letter @ 08/25/16 12:17 PM
Well, if people have issues down to the color of the gum Jordan chews....that's cool....If people hate everything about 2k's marketing, that's cool. That stuff has always gone on.

I meant more disrespecting them directly....used to not be something we did...I just wouldn't want it to have an effect on everything else. Some of us that were here a couple years ago already saw this happen in another forum...and it could have been avoided. We'll see though.

# 148 OfficialQbN @ 08/25/16 12:21 PM
Cousins should not be rated higher than Towns...

The most complete overall Center currently is Towns... Cousins is great but his defense is substandard at best... I wouldn't trust him to guard a snail much less guard the PnR...

I'm speaking off advanced stats and the eye test...

Watching Cousins get burned in Olympic play repeatedly in high PnR made it even more evident... He couldn't stay in front of anyone...

# 149 23 @ 08/25/16 12:24 PM
Well no one is here to be disrespected personally and if they did then there are ways to handle that.

All of what went on, on twitter and other places and what happens daily there is a different story.

This is not the only place people are up in arms even though some people are pretending like it is, its not, and you can't stop people from feeling like they do.

This will all stop as soon as things start to be presented.

# 150 OfficialQbN @ 08/25/16 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Well no one is here to be disrespected personally and if they did then there are ways to handle that.

All of what went on, on twitter and other places and what happens daily there is a different story.

This is not the only place people are up in arms even though some people are pretending like it is, its not, and you can't stop people from feeling like they do.

This will all stop as soon as things start to be presented.
I think the key is discerning what is criticism or critique versus outright harassment or personal attacks on Take 2 employees... Sometimes it's difficult to interpret... I do agree that I've seen a lot of people blow up on 2K in ways that don't directly address whatever grievance they have or don't facilitate a means of having a civil discussion about it...

Allowing people to be critical of the game is the only way to see that it improves... I think tone can be misconstrued as disrespectful by some... I know you got on my case almost a year ago because I was being very blunt & firm discussing the server issues the game launched with, alas you threatened me sternly with an authoritarian themed reply stating the forums were private and that I should watch my step in how I approached discussing matters involving the dev team...

I can't speak for others but I certainly advocate for changes in as clear and concise a manner as I can even if it may appear at face value to be abrasive. I dont agree with the outright tossing of the profanity laced poo that a lot of members of the 2K player base / community seem to think will somehow provide a fruitful ground for improvement in future iterations because that has no merit and should be handled accordingly...

# 151 mrKfresh @ 08/25/16 01:05 PM
It's so perplexing to me every year when people cry about ratings. The overall rating of a player really DOES NOT matter. The individual ratings of the player are what matters. Im starting to think alot of you guys have the brains of 13 year olds.

# 152 barond57 @ 08/25/16 01:18 PM
Fine with whatever rating they give Giannis but atleast give the man the badges he deserves. He only had like 3. Here is what he should have

King of euros gold
Spin lay up gold
One man fastbreak bronze
Interceptor bronze
Chase down artist silver
Hustle points silver

He didn't have any of these last year which frustrated me. While MCW had like 21 badges lol

# 153 The 24th Letter @ 08/25/16 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Almost bad russ levels

Not quite but almost
[emoji38]

Just saw this...

Bad Russ forever....

# 154 The 24th Letter @ 08/25/16 01:31 PM
This made me laugh

# 155 The 24th Letter @ 08/25/16 01:32 PM

# 156 tsbmolina @ 08/25/16 01:33 PM
Looking accurate down to his lip.

# 157 Goffs @ 08/25/16 01:36 PM
No Knicks players yet?

# 158 RLebron12 @ 08/25/16 01:36 PM

They already confirmed he will be getting his updated hair cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 159 OfficialQbN @ 08/25/16 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrKfresh
It's so perplexing to me every year when people cry about ratings. The overall rating of a player really DOES NOT matter. The individual ratings of the player are what matters. Im starting to think alot of you guys have the brains of 13 year olds.
True but you can use OVR a measuring stick for determining versatility...

For example, some people deem scoring ability to be the sole determining factor in a players value so they might raise eyebrows when they see someone like a Gordon Hayward, Evan Turner, or other all-around solid player rated higher than a player who averages more PPG than them...

# 160 The 24th Letter @ 08/25/16 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12

They already confirmed he will be getting his updated hair cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought this was his updated haircut lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.