Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

A tuning update was pushed today for Madden NFL 17. Per Rex Dickson, you should see less strip fumbles. Let us know what you're seeing.

Quote:
Today's tuning update: A reduction in the effectiveness of the strip ball mechanic. Should be less fumbles.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 BleedGreen710 @ 08/29/16 12:32 PM
it was too easy to strip the ball especially against the cpu. im glad they made this change. im especially glad they limited it to nerfing the strip ball mechanic too, because i felt fumbles from big hits/tackles etc were fine.

# 2 Millennium @ 08/29/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
There is no way that's all.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
It's not the patch, it's a tuning update. That could realistically be the only thing they added.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 3 roadman @ 08/29/16 12:35 PM
Eh, I didn't mind the strip fumbles as much. I just saw one last night where I was stripped from behind and it's something that I haven't noticed in Madden ever.

I hope it's just tweaked and not nerfed.

# 4 drewst18 @ 08/29/16 12:37 PM
Thankfully finished the defensive gauntlet lol and it was a pain to get that fumble with the previous game play probably going to really suck now.

# 5 Sphinx @ 08/29/16 12:40 PM
I'm glad they tuned this. Fumbles were a little out of control. I had 8 during my last game. 6 were cpu fumbles 4 being off the qb. I mean sure it's possible that happens but HIGHLY unlikely. So good on them for tuning it down.

# 6 Nine.Six.Melo @ 08/29/16 12:44 PM
And here we go.

Protect the ball when running instead zig zagging and trying to juke everyone.

However against the CPU yeah it should be limited but in H2H it shouldn't.

# 7 Lionhammer @ 08/29/16 12:45 PM
QB sacks were 50/50 chance to fumble.

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk

# 8 extremeskins04 @ 08/29/16 12:47 PM
Will have to test to see how drastic it affected fumbles. I just hope it didn't nerf it so they're barely any fumbles at all now.

Although if it's too much, we can always uninstall the tuner update which is nice.

# 9 BreakingBad2013 @ 08/29/16 12:48 PM
When I used strip at the wrong times I'd miss tackles. When I used it after a broken tackle, it'd have a higher chance. CPU or online. I liked the balance, but that's just me

# 10 tmart14 @ 08/29/16 12:50 PM
Most of my fumbles were coming on qb scrambles. I assumed it was a "cheese counter" to stop online people from Madden 04 Vick'ing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 11 Veditor @ 08/29/16 12:54 PM
Odd, has this been an actual issue? I've played about 8 or 10 games and I've seen about 5 fumbles. The only thing I've noticed is with subbing. But that's probably my fault as I was messing with the sliders and my main RB didn't come back into the game in the second half after gaining 150 yards in the first half.

# 12 extremeskins04 @ 08/29/16 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veditor
Odd, has this been an actual issue? I've played about 8 or 10 games and I've seen about 5 fumbles. The only thing I've noticed is with subbing. But that's probably my fault as I was messing with the sliders and my main RB didn't come back into the game in the second half after gaining 150 yards in the first half.
Yea I've seen QB's fumble when they get sacked from behind which is realistic.

# 13 IUxHOOSIERS @ 08/29/16 12:57 PM
I don't know if it's because I play online, but I haven't noticed strip fumbles all that much. As for just fumbles, I think they've been fine so far. There's always going to be people who say there are too many fumbles or too few of them, but I think they've been fine so far.

# 14 extremeskins04 @ 08/29/16 01:11 PM
Quote:
I've seen fumbles. They're still there. Wasn't even a problem for me, this tuner seems to have affected qb play more than anything.

Well that's also good news. I play only cpu vs cpu so we'll see how the testing goes from multiple people.

# 15 Veditor @ 08/29/16 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea I've seen QB's fumble when they get sacked from behind which is realistic.
My QB has fumbled a few times but it just seemed like good timing, I got smashed as I started to pass and as my arm was going back the ball popped out. And then I have had the CPU QB fumble once. Nothing has seemed out of place as of yet.

# 16 deu22ces @ 08/29/16 01:27 PM
I think this is (or was) a ratings issue. The highest rated QB CAR rating is Newton, 83. He has fumbled 32 times in 784 total ball "carry" attempts (career sacks plus rush attempts). That is 4% fumble rate. Or a 96 CAR rating (assuming the rating is on a true 0-100% scale, not so sure there).

Using the same fumble % logic, Brees 12%, or 88; M.Ryan 10%, or 90; E.Manning 17%, or 83. In-game, in order they are 62, 67, and 51. If the ratings gurus here know any different or better, correct me. But taking the ratings at face value, they are way off.

I can't help but cringe when they say "tuning" update. Always hope for the best but now we have to see all the effects, intended and unintended.

# 17 UtahUtes32 @ 08/29/16 01:29 PM
I liked the amount of fumbles that were happening. Madden 16 had almost no fumbles..

# 18 NFLfan80 @ 08/29/16 01:32 PM
Quote:
I'm just saying, QBA and pass rush feels a little different

Getting manual or cpu sacks easier or harder now?

# 19 kidklay @ 08/29/16 01:35 PM
If your playing an offline CFM, do you have to reset for this tuning to work?

# 20 Blazzen @ 08/29/16 01:38 PM
Good change. I saw a few too many of them just in PLAY NOW games against the CPU.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.