Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

A tuning update was pushed today for Madden NFL 17. Per Rex Dickson, you should see less strip fumbles. Let us know what you're seeing.

Quote:
Today's tuning update: A reduction in the effectiveness of the strip ball mechanic. Should be less fumbles.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 zackebarsch10 @ 08/29/16 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Does anyone know if they fixed it to where a strip sack counts as a sack now or do we have to wait on a patch for that?

I second this. This is my biggest complaint about the game. Neither the sack nor the forced fumble counts in the individual stats.
It's always counted as a negative run for the QB.
I'm really surprised that this isn't brought in a lot more here at OS.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

# 42 Jarodd21 @ 08/29/16 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
I second this. This is my biggest complaint about the game. Neither the sack nor the forced fumble counts in the individual stats.
It's always counted as a negative run for the QB.
I'm really surprised that this isn't brought in a lot more here at OS.

I'm not sure if a lot of people noticed it because I didn't know until someboby mentioned it in my slider thread.. . This is definitely an issue especially how hard it is to get sacks in some games.

# 43 zackebarsch10 @ 08/29/16 06:35 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure if a lot of people noticed it because I didn't know until someboby mentioned it in my slider thread.. . This is definitely an issue especially how hard it is to get sacks in some games.

Therefore it's unlikely the devs know this bug?!
Maybe we have to report to jpdavis who has a good line to the devs via Twitter.

# 44 SteelerSpartan @ 08/29/16 06:52 PM
Maybe it's still the same....but Marcus was scrambling a bit on me today....still not anything close to something like how NCAA 14 had it going for scrambling Qbs.

# 45 Jarodd21 @ 08/29/16 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
Therefore it's unlikely the devs know this bug?!
Maybe we have to report to jpdavis who has a good line to the devs via Twitter.

Yeah somebody definitely needs to get the message to them so it can be patched in..

# 46 Brooke2011 @ 08/29/16 07:06 PM
Is this the only tuning update since the game came out?

# 47 doubles87 @ 08/29/16 07:08 PM
Does anyone know if they've fixed the CFM disconnect bug (from Madden 25 I believe) where you're progress in a game would be lost because an EA Server disconnect.

# 48 Millennium @ 08/29/16 07:08 PM
Quote:
Yeah somebody definitely needs to get the message to them so it can be patched in..
No more hijacking, so let's end with this:

Is this EVERY strip sack not counting?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 49 Jarodd21 @ 08/29/16 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
No more hijacking, so let's end with this:

Is this EVERY strip sack not counting?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
No every strip sack is not counting..

# 50 Retropyro @ 08/29/16 08:08 PM
Should have left it alone. They ruined M16 with constant tuning updates. They're going to do the same to M17.

# 51 Jarodd21 @ 08/29/16 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeyango
When you say strip sack is it something you're intentionally triggering? I just had a LB cause a fumble with his hit on the QB and he got a sack
Maybe they just tuned it with the tuner. I'll check it if a strip fumble happens in my game. It wasn't registering as a sack before the tuner.

# 52 underdog13 @ 08/29/16 10:17 PM
QB scrambling is definitely still the same

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 53 extremeskins04 @ 08/29/16 10:22 PM
You can uninstall the tuner and go back to it being normal. Fumbles are worse for my games on cpu vs cpu mode.

# 54 Brooke2011 @ 08/30/16 01:02 AM
Since this was the only tuner, I deleted it and am happy how the game is playing. I was happy how it played on default all-pro slow speed..

# 55 cable guy @ 08/30/16 07:32 AM
I couldn't download the tuner yesterday anyway..... but my question is to everybody who has the game playing great. Is it in CFM? Because on Play Now, I can not get the cpu qb to throw down field at all. When they do actually throw. 3rd and 12 he throws it in the flat for like a 1 yd gain. Hoping it's better in franchise mode? All pro btw. Default or slider adjustments

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 56 eastcoast49ers @ 08/30/16 07:37 AM
Could be total coincidence, but played the Bills in my CFM after installing the tuner and Tyrod had 2 nice scrambles when he sensed pressure. First time i had seen anything like it.

# 57 roadman @ 08/30/16 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And then there is this:

There was a legitimate bug in the strip ball code. Don't make an assumption this was based only on people complaining.

That statement came from Rex on Twitter.
I'm quoting this post for reference.

# 58 yodaddi @ 08/30/16 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

A tuning update was pushed today for Madden NFL 17. Per Rex Dickson, you should see less strip fumbles. Let us know what you're seeing.
Might this fix the missing customized plays in my franchise playbook?

# 59 cityofchampions @ 08/30/16 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Does anyone else feel like this is déjà vu? It seems like every year EA has a habit of keeping the game simulation just long enough for the reviewers to tout that the game is more simulation and will appeal to Simheads. Then, usually about a month after release, they will start making changes to cater to the whining of the online crowd. So typically this results in the gameplay feeling completely different at the end of Madden season. Last year's game play felt great at release, but felt horribly arcadish by the Super Bowl. It almost seems like a bait and switch. Does anyone else feel this way?

Luckily though, a tuner can be deleted without any significant impact to the game, if you don't play head to head. It's the patches that scare me. Because they can't be reversed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. This is why they need to unconnect franchise mode and/or have separate updates for online and offline, because I don't want the offline game messed up by online only/mut only whiners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 60 roadman @ 08/30/16 10:06 AM
Rex stated there was a bug in the strip sack fumbles.

Saying it's anything else besides that is calling him out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.