Home
Assetto Corsa News Post

Previously available for PC users, Assetto Corsa is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users. Check out the trailer here and post your impressions of the game after a few laps.

KEY FEATURES
  • Tailored to perfection - Over eighty cars are available to choose from, plus special editions, reproduced in collaboration with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers, each one authentic and unique in both characteristics and handling.
  • Legendary Circuits including Silverstone Circuit, Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife, all recreated using Laser Scan technology so that each bump, curb and slope is a perfect match to the real counterpart.
  • Precision Physics bring a new dimension to the car and track, from tyre flat spots & heat cycles to the dynamic simulation of the tyre rubber deposited on track and recreated light conditions based on geographical coordinates.
  • Multiple Race Modes include Career mode, special and unique events and challenges. Fully customizable single player and multiplayer modes include quick races, race weekends including free practice sessions, qualifying session, drift challenges and more!
  • Tuning & Driver Assist profiles allow the overall racing experience to be further modified by adjusting everything from car attributes to collision damage to let players of any proficiency with a joypad or supported racing wheel.

Game: Assetto CorsaHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Assetto Corsa Videos
Member Comments
# 1 trey2k198003 @ 08/30/16 01:37 PM
Is this a free game or something?

# 2 JMD @ 08/30/16 01:45 PM
Ok , I love racing games. I have more racing games then any other type in my collection. I haven't played a ton of Assetto yet but I'll tell you my thoughts so far. I have it on the PS4.

Graphics - Sub par , cars and tracks look decent but dated. I'm seeing some frame rate issues also, usually happens when turning a corner, the environment stutters a bit.

Controls - if you are going to use a controller try these settings. I've spent 2 hours running practice laps with the same car on the same track trying to get the ridiculous looking steering wheel movement under control. This is what I've got so far.

In options under advanced:
Vibration 0%
Speed sensitivity 5%
Steering speed 0%
Steering dead zone 50%
Steering filter 45%
Steering gamma 220%
These are a lot less herky jerky then the default settings.

The game as I said looks a bit dated. As I play it I keep getting reminded of the game Race Pro that was out for the Xbox 360. That was a solid racing game but didn't look as pretty as others, same here.

So far most of my time has been spent in practice mode testing. I did run two races, one on medium, and one on easy. The medium race the A.I. was gone in the first 100 feet, they blew me away. On easy it took them half a lap to completely lose me. Seriously I got my butt handed to me in both races.

I'm going to need more time for a final decision but at this point I don't see the need to buy this game. It's good , but not great. It has some nice tracks and cars but a game like Project Cars is better in every way. I wish I spent the money on F1 2016 instead. I'll be back after I get some serious hours in and see if my opinion changes.

# 3 JMD @ 08/30/16 04:09 PM
Well after spending a couple more hours with the game I can't recommend it. There are other racing games out there that are much better.

# 4 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/30/16 05:36 PM
I didn't think the game looked very good, so I'm not surprised by your impressions. Guess I'll stick to F1 being my next racer.

# 5 dave360 @ 09/05/16 09:07 AM
I was less than impressed with it on PC even with mods and tracks. I think it might be a good buy when its $20 or less.

# 6 BSDShoes @ 09/08/16 07:05 PM
I like AC on PC, however racing against AI is pretty bad and from what I'm hearing, it's bad on console versions too.

If you're into racing sims, wait for the game to go on sale or drop in price.

# 7 pk500 @ 12/03/16 06:13 PM
Received Assetto Corsa today for XB1. Played a few practice sessions and a race, so these are early impressions.

In a tidy box: Assetto Corsa is a mess. This table of rubbish was set for me by mediocre to bad reviews and feedback from sources I trust. No one was wrong.

This game suffers from many problems. A list of filthy laundry:

1. The car count is weak. Additional cars are available through DLC. But it's irritating that all of the Japanese cars -- I'm a Mazda zealot -- only are available as DLC. Even with DLC, the number of available cars is weak compared to this game's closest competitor, Project Cars.

2. The track roster is weak. Classics such as Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Spa, the Nordschleife and Monza (including 1966 circuit) are present. But I didn't see a single North American circuit. Nothing from Asia, either.

3. The graphics are PS3 quality, at best. It's pretty disconcerting to blocks of pixels and sprites in a game released in 2016, but AC takes you back in time graphically. It's not nostaglic. It sucks.

4. The framerate is appalling. I don't know the difference between 50 and 60 FPS. But I know this game is running 30 FPS or less, and there are times it chugs like a slide show in some corners with heavy traffic. A bit too much draw-in and screen tearing, too.

5. The racing line either is all on or all off. There is no "corners only" option like in Project Cars or Forza 6. Not a biggie but still grating.

6. The force feedback lacks nuance for a game that supposedly features laser-scanned tracks. Project Cars offers far better tactile feedback of the track surface, although AC's trigger feedback under braking is sublime.

7. The racing AI is just as bad as everyone says. I'm running at Monza, preparing to enter the Lesmos, when two cars approach me. I hold my line to let them pass, and one of them just plowed into the back of me and spun me even though I gave him plenty of room.

Now, for the positives:

1. This game handles VERY well with a controller out of the box. A refreshing change from Project Cars. I probably spent three to four hours of tweaking to find a controllable setup with a controller in Project Cars.

2. The driving model is very good. You get a fine feel for weight balance and tire grip, with varying, predictable control. The Lotus 49 dances on a knife edge, as expected. The BMW Z4 GT3 sports car is far more pliable. Still, I think the Project Cars driving model creates a better impression of weight transfer and tactile sensations than AC. I don't think the gap between the driving model in AC and Project Cars is nearly as large as many say online. If the AC driving model rates 9 out of 10, then PC probably is 8 or 8.5 out of 10. AC's driving model is far more predictable, which I like.

3. The game features "Factory" assists settings, like Project Cars. Use this setting, and the car will be presented to you in the way it is/was to actual drivers. The Lotus 49 won't have ABS or traction control, while more modern cars will. Love this.

I bought Assetto Corsa for $17 used through Gamefly. I can't recommend it, even at that price. The driving model is very nice, but everything else in the game is so underdeveloped or bare bones that this probably will be nothing but a hot-lapping game until I trade it in, probably pretty soon.

AC on consoles reminds me of a dilapidated wooden outhouse built on a perfect concrete foundation reinforced with rebar. Great foundation supporting a dank sh*thouse.

# 8 pk500 @ 12/04/16 08:18 AM
I found some controller settings last night that have vaulted AC's driving model into the sublime category. The driving in this game is SO good, and the racing AI seems to be better as I understand it more.

But everything else ... man, if it only could match or even approach the driving model.

# 9 pk500 @ 12/06/16 02:20 PM
Patch 1.09 was released Monday for the Xbox One version of AC, and it has transformed the game. HUGE improvements in framerate, opponent AI, tire grip model, default control scheme with a controller and more.

I'm stoked. AC is still threadbare in many areas, but the best driving model of any console circuit racing game just improved even more.

# 10 JMD @ 05/17/17 06:44 AM
My opinion of this game has changed quite a bit after all the updates and improvements. It's now a solid game. New free update is out now, 5 cars and a nice track.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/asset...3245978701711/

# 11 RunN1st @ 05/04/20 12:55 PM
Fired up Assetto Corsa last night on my PS4 and boy was I reminded of how good this title is! The handling and force feedback is incredible.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.