Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports has posted a new trailer and blog post detailing this year's Draft Champions mode in NHL 17.

Quote:
"Draft Champions is an all-new mode that introduces the thrill of the fantasy draft with fast rounds of superstar picks. Each round challenges you to choose current and past NHL players and build a team that fits your playstyle. Immediately following your draft, take to the ice and fulfill your team’s potential by winning the Draft Championship.

You'll start your Draft Champions mode off this year with a team theme. Each theme will come with a base set of mid and lower tier players to build a team off of. The themes will update through the year and thus, there will be new ones to choose from as the season wears on.

You'll then draft from a pool of better players to add to your team. Each draft is designed to look different so you should have a different feeling team each time through the mode.

You can read more about Draft Champions in NHL 17 on EA Sports' Website.

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 optimusparm @ 08/30/16 01:34 PM
lol can someone remind me at what point was Manny Malhotra or Nicklas Grossman an 88 overall? Seems like a total reach haha.

# 2 azy19 @ 08/30/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusparm
lol can someone remind me at what point was Manny Malhotra or Nicklas Grossman an 88 overall? Seems like a total reach haha.
Nicklas Grossman.

# 3 voodoo_magic @ 08/30/16 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey08
Oh my God, Lindros in an old Penguins uniform, this will piss off some Flyers fans lol. Good going EA.
I wonder if he refuses to play for the teams that draft him like in real life.

# 4 TDKing @ 08/30/16 04:31 PM
Is there a play a friend option like in madden?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

# 5 Hammettf2b @ 08/30/16 04:42 PM
I have a feeling I'm going to be grinding this mode a lot and try to spend as little money as possible. I like that NHL has given us more options to earn things in HUT.

# 6 RyanLaFalce @ 08/30/16 06:28 PM
Man, I wasn't planning on getting '17 this year, but love the mode on Madden. Decisions decisions...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 7 snc237 @ 08/30/16 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Is there a play a friend option like in madden?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Nope. Well not as of yet. Last year madden added it later

# 8 TheDutchDad @ 08/31/16 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
The NEW mode that every other game has...
So what? It's a fun mode in Madden for those who have grown tired of the endless HUT/MUT/FUT grind.

I was hoping this would be in NHL, so happy to see it.

# 9 snc237 @ 08/31/16 10:18 AM
I don't see this mode being as fun as maddens.

# 10 Madwolf @ 08/31/16 12:09 PM
If I draft Mark Messier to the Canucks does he immediatly become a complete and utter liability that drags the entire team down?

Favorite moment of the year was when Henrik Sedin named all the great Canucks Captains when Messier handed him the award. Then Messiers slow, and angry realization that Hank didn't mention him.

# 11 thejudicata @ 09/01/16 06:50 PM
I'll give it a shot

# 12 Coffinsh @ 09/08/16 07:55 PM
I have been drafting over and over in search for Sergei Fedorov. Has anyone seen him?

# 13 KingTocco @ 09/10/16 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinsh
I have been drafting over and over in search for Sergei Fedorov. Has anyone seen him?
I'm not sure he's in the game. If you go to HUT and search through the collections he's not listed in the Red Wings collection, only Shanahan and Lidstrom are.

As far as I know, DC uses the same database as HUT so unless they added extras to DC, you might be out of luck. Sorry!

# 14 bradbitte @ 10/05/16 01:09 AM
Why you can't select your theme in draft champion? It's always randomized and when your are in the menu you can't go back?? Really weird

Thanks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.