Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Mobile QBs are one of the toughest assignments to defend in the real NFL much less in Madden, where they've historically been somewhat overpowered. Last year, Madden put in a tool which allowed you to click-in the right stick for anyone playing a spy on the QB to bring them in as a rusher if the QB scrambled.

In Madden NFL 17, EA has expanded that to include any shallow defensive zone assignment being able to come up on the QB when he decides to start scrambling.

Obviously the lessons here are that if you are facing a mobile QB, trying to play some zone defense to contain a QB, especially on more obvious passing downs, may be the way to go to keep a Cam Newton in check.

What methods are you using to keep mobile QBs in check in this year's game?

Video: Madden Daily on YouTube

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 08/30/16 03:49 PM
Quote:
What methods are you using to keep mobile QBs in check in this year's game?
As someone who plays the CPU, I do nothing and watch mobile QB's willingly stop themselves.

# 2 tyler28 @ 08/30/16 04:37 PM
Is this a joke? Whoever wrote this article hasnt played much of the game. I havent seen a "mobile " qb scramble yet. So how do i stop a "mobile" qb? I do nothing because there isnt one this yet. Sorry i dont need you watch your youtube video on how to stop them lol. I am really confused by this article. Someone needs to do some research on the topic

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

# 3 tyler28 @ 08/30/16 04:57 PM
Here is a thread that links to another thread of the issue http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=888431

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

# 4 extremeskins04 @ 08/30/16 05:41 PM
Are we kidding? I WANT MOBILE QBs! Let em run all day I say!

# 5 miamikb2001 @ 08/30/16 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Are we kidding? I WANT MOBILE QBs! Let em run all day I say!

Ahmen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 6 jfsolo @ 08/30/16 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
As someone who plays the CPU, I do nothing and watch mobile QB's willingly stop themselves.
Yep, this piece must be talking about User vs User. I know it is not intentional, but it is an inadvertent troll job of the User vs CPU experience right now.

# 7 LionsFanNJ @ 08/30/16 07:50 PM
This article is not representative of the experience vs the CPU at all. There is no danger of a mobile QB against the AI

# 8 D81SKINS @ 08/30/16 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
Russell wilson kicked my butt the other day. Are people that are not seeing QBs scramble playing with adjusted sliders? I've seen plenty of scrambling by the CPU in my games, but I play on default sliders.
What we've found is its in Play Now but NOT in Franchise mode.
Also Franchise Mode is missing a QB trait.
Force Passes: Aggressive(missing in Franchise, haven't tested online to see if it's missing in Online Franchise)
You'd think they could port the Play Now version into Franchise, who knows.

Anyone know if Online has the Aggressive trait?
I know online vs user doesn't matter b/c the user controls him.

# 9 extremeskins04 @ 08/30/16 09:12 PM
Just had another QB run in cpu v cpu mode, but it was really weird. I'll post the video in the AI QB scramble thread.

# 10 Swauny Jones @ 08/31/16 12:53 PM
Why even have option plays in the game then? It's pretty easy to slow down mobile QB's as is. EA tampering too much

# 11 fballturkey @ 08/31/16 01:36 PM
I set one end to spy and it frustrates people severely. If I'm only bringing 4 I'm not getting pressure anyway so it doesn't even have that much of a downside. I stopped playing online for now but when I start again it's very effective; I don't recall seeing someone break a good scramble when I had a spy but I don't have a huge sample size.

# 12 ggsimmonds @ 08/31/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I set one end to spy and it frustrates people severely. If I'm only bringing 4 I'm not getting pressure anyway so it doesn't even have that much of a downside. I stopped playing online for now but when I start again it's very effective; I don't recall seeing someone break a good scramble when I had a spy but I don't have a huge sample size.
Do you have a preference for which DE is spying?

I would spy with the LE as most QBs are right handed, but I guess then we get predictable.

# 13 Armor and Sword @ 08/31/16 01:50 PM
Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Marcus Mariotta have all scrambled on me plenty vs the CPU.

# 14 Jr. @ 08/31/16 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Marcus Mariotta have all scrambled on me plenty vs the CPU.
Do you have video of them running? I've seen a lot of people post videos of QBs moving around in the pocket but hardly scrambling, but I have yet to see anything that shows consistent QB scrambling for actual yardage, and not just getting out of the pocket and throwing.

# 15 fballturkey @ 08/31/16 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Do you have a preference for which DE is spying?

I would spy with the LE as most QBs are right handed, but I guess then we get predictable.
I do the RE just because I like to user the LE sometimes and rush.

# 16 ggsimmonds @ 08/31/16 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I do the RE just because I like to user the LE sometimes and rush.
When I played people who liked to run with QBs anytime the RE was the spy they just immediately rolled out to the left and either scrambled or made a pass. In the past DEs never got across the formation fast enough. That is why I asked.

# 17 kehlis @ 08/31/16 07:25 PM
Quote:
Man I really wish I could say the same. I'm even using your sliders and have only seen a QB run after sitting in the pocket so long he literally had nothing to do but run forward.

# 18 Armor and Sword @ 08/31/16 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Man I really wish I could say the same. I'm even using your sliders and have only seen a QB run after sitting in the pocket so long he literally had nothing to do but run forward.
It's only been those three so far that have scrambled for me. And it's not like they do it a ton.

Next time I play and see one I will upload the videos.

# 19 kehlis @ 08/31/16 08:40 PM
Quote:
It's only been those three so far that have scrambled for me. And it's not like they do it a ton.

Next time I play and see one I will upload the videos.
Oh I believe you, just haven't seen it and I don't really think it's slider related anyway.

# 20 Keontab @ 08/31/16 09:42 PM
Beginning of the play on defense press L2 then R1 to Qb contain but depends on ho good your Dline is .

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.