Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Redcityboi2K17 has posted more NBA 2K17 hands-on impressions, this one specifically on 2K Pro-Am. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 born2playball @ 09/02/16 01:47 AM
Commentary is the #1 thing I wanted to see added to pro-am this year. Without it pro-am just gets very stale. I can't imagine the devs not adding that this year, but who knows.

# 22 Americas Team @ 09/02/16 02:14 AM
I kinda like not having commentary in Pro Am, makes it feel like a real pick up game and different from the rest of the modes. If they were to do commentary I would like it to be like street ball commentary with a guy standing by the court with a mc talking crap and being funny.

# 23 Jrocc23 @ 09/02/16 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
I kinda like not having commentary in Pro Am, makes it feel like a real pick up game and different from the rest of the modes. If they were to do commentary I would like it to be like street ball commentary with a guy standing by the court with a mc talking crap and being funny.

For me, HELL no. Maybe for WalkOn ProAm or Park that would be okay. But for regular ProAm, it should keep going in the direction of 2K11 and like a MyCareer game except you're playing online.

I would much rather have official commentary and things like that. Makes the game a lot more fun and intense to me. I definitely don't want to feel like I am playing street ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 24 2_headedmonster @ 09/03/16 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
cant lie - would definitely miss the arena atmoshpere..
In 2k16 pro am there was no commentary, no pa announcer, no arena sound effects and the crowds were at a dull roar at best.... Sounds like mycourt to me lmao. Besides, my party chat is my focus anyway usually.

# 25 raiderphantom @ 09/04/16 02:00 AM
Can we finally choose our position before pro am starts? If you have multiple pg's it seems like the smallest one or highest overall automatically plays PG. Plus I've seen other squads have a guard at center when they have like a 6'10 dude playing SF/PF

# 26 Inzombniac @ 09/04/16 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Can we finally choose our position before pro am starts? If you have multiple pg's it seems like the smallest one or highest overall automatically plays PG. Plus I've seen other squads have a guard at center when they have like a 6'10 dude playing SF/PF
I don't know about beforehand but wasn't one of the notes that you can change who's defending who in Pro-Am? If so, that's a lifesaver for that situation.

Playing a 7" C that would often play with other C's who were taller yet still be put at the 5, I realized that I think what it came down to was who had the better stats for the position. I max or near max out rebounding while other C's I played with were more outside shooters or seemed to max out other areas of their game. I made a 6'10" SF with outside shooting but also maxed out his inside (as good as it could be given the caps) along with getting rebound high up there yet our 6'8" SF would get put at the 4 so it has to do with something with the stats since I was a 99 overall.

# 27 raiderphantom @ 09/04/16 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
I don't know about beforehand but wasn't one of the notes that you can change who's defending who in Pro-Am? If so, that's a lifesaver for that situation.

Playing a 7" C that would often play with other C's who were taller yet still be put at the 5, I realized that I think what it came down to was who had the better stats for the position. I max or near max out rebounding while other C's I played with were more outside shooters or seemed to max out other areas of their game. I made a 6'10" SF with outside shooting but also maxed out his inside (as good as it could be given the caps) along with getting rebound high up there yet our 6'8" SF would get put at the 4 so it has to do with something with the stats since I was a 99 overall.
Yeah very true. I caught that. But can anyone switch assignments, call plays, etc? Or only the pg? The PG my crew had all year was very good, but wasn't the best floor general, so I'd love to be able to mix it up.

# 28 Ramell78 @ 09/09/16 02:12 PM
I'm looking for pro am team I'm a 7'3 post scorer I have a brother who will either be sg sf sharpshooter looking for another 8 players to fill the team if interested hitme up let me know position playstyles n height on ps4

# 29 Bingo King @ 09/09/16 04:08 PM
Is there any news on if we can do private matches in the pro an setting? Not the my court stuff but actual pro am team vs pro am team instead if doing all that 1-2-3 go stuff

Is a feature that'd really blow that up even bigger for leagues

# 30 Spitles @ 09/09/16 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo King
Is there any news on if we can do private matches in the pro an setting? Not the my court stuff but actual pro am team vs pro am team instead if doing all that 1-2-3 go stuff

Is a feature that'd really blow that up even bigger for leagues
People have been asking this question since the Community Day to EVERY 2K crew members, no one answered that yet.
So it's just about wait and see..

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.