Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 patch 1.03 is available now, weighing in at 4.8 GB on PlayStation 4 and 368 MB on Xbox One.

You do not need to reset online or offline franchises in order for this patch to affect them. We have posted some of the details below, official patch notes will be posted as soon as we get them.

Let us know what you're seeing!

UPDATE: Here are the official Madden NFL 17 patch notes:
  • Fixed a gameplay issue where the player on defense could tell if the opponent was going to run or pass
  • Client-side fix for the bug where you could see ratings of the upcoming draft class prior to the draft (server fix already applied to Cloud Franchises)
  • Reduce the amount of strip-tackle attempts made by the CPU
  • Fixed a major desync which was happening when a user went from Skills Trainer to Online (happened fairly often after the new-user flow)
  • No passing icons on PA, Force defender tuning, nano detection system tuning, users not getting stamina penalty when meter depleted
  • Force defenders not dropping back vs. run when in zone coverage; Play Action desync; Fumble frequency in MUT solos.
  • Lots of high priority gameplay fixes that includes:
    • Stripping the Ball from behind the ball carrier is overpowered - We found a bug where the defender was getting multiple rolls at causing a fumble per animation
    • Occasionally on Play-Action passes, the user would be unable to throw the ball
    • Play-Action Pass Desync Online Head to Head Desync
    • MUT Online - Fixed an issue with Cowboys uniforms that could result in a 'white on white' situation
    • Acquisitions Screen showing rookie/free agent ratings before the draft - fixed
    • Fixed a crash that would occur in the Guantlet after making an interception in the Big Man Rumble challenge
    • Occasionally, users were triggering 'Nano Detection' when successfully using the 'Off the Line Mechanic' on RT as a pass rusher
    • Occasionally, users would lose all pre-play functionality when selecting a defensive linemen while breaking the huddle
    • Occasionally, user would see defensive plays disappear in the playbook screen after selecting an audible during the previous play
    • Fumbles occurring too frequently in MUT solos where the CPU-controlled team started with the lead
    • Force Players will be better at containing the edge once they get engaged
    • Force player will be faster in breaking out of Read and React and into Force
    • Cover 1 plays were sometimes not aligning to Trips formations correctly
    • Occasionally, offensive linemen would run to the end zone and not block when running no huddle repeatedly in Draft Champions.
    • When Force players on the playside of any non-counter runs had a zone coverage assignment, they would drop back into coverage at the snap - this has been fixed
    • Fixed a Crash in Franchise mode that would sometimes occur in Franchise mode Practice during goal completion

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 extremeskins04 @ 09/02/16 10:58 AM
But don't Play Now and Practice Modes play different than CFM?

# 42 TheWolf1113 @ 09/02/16 10:59 AM
Maybe I'm alone on this but I really really dislike needing the cpu trying to strip the ball....for the first time I could remember the defense always felt like they were doing whatever they could to get the ball back, very aggressive, it was scary lol but finally realistic, all the other years it would be so so easy to hold a lead running the clock and the ball, very rarely I would lose a fumble and this year felt so real with the aggressiveness....even if how were losing and trying to get into scoring range it finally felt the ai was trying to win the game defensively. I don't know....I hope in end game scenarios they still do this but I'm doubting it will. People complain about the difficult REALISTIC changes that were made. I honestly don't think we will ever get that full SIM game guys. Its so close....

# 43 TheWolf1113 @ 09/02/16 11:00 AM
Nerfing not needing in the beginning of my post....sorry,

# 44 Hunkerdown @ 09/02/16 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Hopefully this means outside runs won't be so easy now. Haven't tested it yet but if it's not in this one hopefully the next patch will fix the stats glitch/bug in CFM.
Outside runs already to easy on default AP, this concerns me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 45 Brandwin @ 09/02/16 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
But don't Play Now and Practice Modes play different than CFM?
That's seems to be what people think. Makes me wonder if they do all the testing outside of CFM which is why sometimes the uodatds don't carry over. I don't know.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 46 Millennium @ 09/02/16 11:03 AM
CFM Camera toggle is still be worked on. Possibly next patch.

# 47 seasprite @ 09/02/16 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf1113
Maybe I'm alone on this but I really really dislike needing the cpu trying to strip the ball....for the first time I could remember the defense always felt like they were doing whatever they could to get the ball back, very aggressive, it was scary lol but finally realistic, all the other years it would be so so easy to hold a lead running the clock and the ball, very rarely I would lose a fumble and this year felt so real with the aggressiveness....even if how were losing and trying to get into scoring range it finally felt the ai was trying to win the game defensively. I don't know....I hope in end game scenarios they still do this but I'm doubting it will. People complain about the difficult REALISTIC changes that were made. I honestly don't think we will ever get that full SIM game guys. Its so close....
I'll have to look at how bad it's nerfed before really forming an opinion on it. I agree with you though that this is something I have loved about the game thus far. You have to use the cover ball when running in traffic because the CPU will actually and realistically strip the ball. It's kinduv like the WR drops, which have been realistic and great IMO, but people get mad when they have to change the way they have to play even if its for the sake of a much more realistic game.

# 48 Millennium @ 09/02/16 11:04 AM
RAC catch drops will be fixed in the next patch

# 49 RogueHominid @ 09/02/16 11:06 AM
Man, that was fast!

Props to them for rolling out some support so quickly. I haven't even learned all the skills trainers yet...

# 50 D81SKINS @ 09/02/16 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Rex just stated in his live stream that the QB PA glitch being fixed SHOULD fix QB scrambling as well.

He is testing it now:

Twitch.TV/RexDEAFootball

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
This would be awesome!

# 51 Armor and Sword @ 09/02/16 11:10 AM
Patch installed.

Going to test things out. And I will be streaming.

# 52 L_O_B_27 @ 09/02/16 11:11 AM
I'm in year 3, and some how Kaepernick shredded my pass defense throwing nearly 80%, but he never scrambled at all.

Dude just kept dinking and dunking down the field.

Didn't help I was just getting absolutely stonewalled.

# 53 NDAlum @ 09/02/16 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27
I'm in year 3, and some how Kaepernick shredded my pass defense throwing nearly 80%, but he never scrambled at all.

Dude just kept dinking and dunking down the field.

Didn't help I was just getting absolutely stonewalled.

Did you DL the patch? Did you blitz? Did you adjust to play underneath coverage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 54 Cowboy008 @ 09/02/16 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
That's seems to be what people think. Makes me wonder if they do all the testing outside of CFM which is why sometimes the uodatds don't carry over. I don't know.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Well I just asked Rex and he said it should work no matter what mode you're playing in.

# 55 kcchiefs1984 @ 09/02/16 11:23 AM
Any mention of being able to use other teams playbooks in offline franchise's and being able to do formation subs? I 52 hours for my download to complete so I won't be checking for a while.

# 56 ibroxroar67 @ 09/02/16 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs1984
Any mention of being able to use other teams playbooks in offline franchise's and being able to do formation subs? I 52 hours for my download to complete so I won't be checking for a while.

52 hours?............

# 57 JimmyT85 @ 09/02/16 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
Really hope the CPU QB not throwing when user MLB is in zone hook coverage, has been fixed
Can someone ask Rex about this please? I'm stuck in work

# 58 Find_the_Door @ 09/02/16 11:26 AM
Wonder if they corrected the fairly common glitch that occurs after you bump into another player as the ball carrier and can no longer sprint at full speed anymore?

# 59 ChicagoChris @ 09/02/16 11:26 AM
Watching this twitch stream and Rex is on fire.

This is considered a 'small' patch. Next patch is the "big" one with several hundred fixes.

# 60 D81SKINS @ 09/02/16 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Watching this twitch stream and Rex is on fire.

This is considered a 'small' patch. Next patch is the "big" one with several hundred fixes.
Meaning he is upset that qb scramble by the cpu are not yet fixed?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.