Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 patch 1.03 is available now, weighing in at 4.8 GB on PlayStation 4 and 368 MB on Xbox One.

You do not need to reset online or offline franchises in order for this patch to affect them. We have posted some of the details below, official patch notes will be posted as soon as we get them.

Let us know what you're seeing!

UPDATE: Here are the official Madden NFL 17 patch notes:
  • Fixed a gameplay issue where the player on defense could tell if the opponent was going to run or pass
  • Client-side fix for the bug where you could see ratings of the upcoming draft class prior to the draft (server fix already applied to Cloud Franchises)
  • Reduce the amount of strip-tackle attempts made by the CPU
  • Fixed a major desync which was happening when a user went from Skills Trainer to Online (happened fairly often after the new-user flow)
  • No passing icons on PA, Force defender tuning, nano detection system tuning, users not getting stamina penalty when meter depleted
  • Force defenders not dropping back vs. run when in zone coverage; Play Action desync; Fumble frequency in MUT solos.
  • Lots of high priority gameplay fixes that includes:
    • Stripping the Ball from behind the ball carrier is overpowered - We found a bug where the defender was getting multiple rolls at causing a fumble per animation
    • Occasionally on Play-Action passes, the user would be unable to throw the ball
    • Play-Action Pass Desync Online Head to Head Desync
    • MUT Online - Fixed an issue with Cowboys uniforms that could result in a 'white on white' situation
    • Acquisitions Screen showing rookie/free agent ratings before the draft - fixed
    • Fixed a crash that would occur in the Guantlet after making an interception in the Big Man Rumble challenge
    • Occasionally, users were triggering 'Nano Detection' when successfully using the 'Off the Line Mechanic' on RT as a pass rusher
    • Occasionally, users would lose all pre-play functionality when selecting a defensive linemen while breaking the huddle
    • Occasionally, user would see defensive plays disappear in the playbook screen after selecting an audible during the previous play
    • Fumbles occurring too frequently in MUT solos where the CPU-controlled team started with the lead
    • Force Players will be better at containing the edge once they get engaged
    • Force player will be faster in breaking out of Read and React and into Force
    • Cover 1 plays were sometimes not aligning to Trips formations correctly
    • Occasionally, offensive linemen would run to the end zone and not block when running no huddle repeatedly in Draft Champions.
    • When Force players on the playside of any non-counter runs had a zone coverage assignment, they would drop back into coverage at the snap - this has been fixed
    • Fixed a Crash in Franchise mode that would sometimes occur in Franchise mode Practice during goal completion

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 benton32 @ 09/02/16 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Nothing about coverage on deep balls? Damnit

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

i know thats driving me nuts.. even in cpu vs cpu mode when doing the smi broadcast, its like when the CBs press they get beat way to easy and then TD bomb pass..

# 142 picker19 @ 09/02/16 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Really love the tweak to force defenders on the outside. Fixed outside runs but didn't nerf them
Personally, I've not seen any change yet with outside runs. Playing Coach Mode with the Broncos, first two games after the patch, Anderson has run for 362 yards and is averaging 11.2 ypc. And I should say actually that these aren't all from outside runs...inside zone, too. My team has 422 rushing yards in just 2 games. I just watch and shake my head as Anderson breaks through several tackles time and time again. This is on All Pro with all sliders at default. Didn't touch a thing. Hope this is a fluke...

# 143 benton32 @ 09/02/16 09:16 PM
Big patch dang.. but alot of what i read it didnt seem like it was fixing the things i was hoping for but ehh another one will come out..

my issue is

defenders on press getting beat to easy and to many big bomb TD passes,

defenders slowing down or the offensive player getting a big boost and pulling away, I know speed on here is a factor, but i was watching this RB kinda get tripped up stumble alil and a defender was hot on his backside like he was about to catch him from behind.. then the defender got about 2 yards away and the offensive player regained his balance and was gone, pulled away, i dunno how that happened, i figured the defender was going to tackle him from behind,

I know big plays happen but they seem to happen to much... at least one passing and rushing TD over 70 yards every game, I know maybe tweaking sliders helps,

I will say Zone cvg is alil better i like all the different options.. hope they are not trying to think to much and then have 3 guys covering one dude and someone leaves someone wide open,

I still wish it was normal franchise mode not CCM, i wanna be able to watch other games..> Mainly the Superbowl if i dont make it there..

# 144 jpdavis82 @ 09/02/16 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
Big patch dang.. but alot of what i read it didnt seem like it was fixing the things i was hoping for but ehh another one will come out..

my issue is

defenders on press getting beat to easy and to many big bomb TD passes,

defenders slowing down or the offensive player getting a big boost and pulling away, I know speed on here is a factor, but i was watching this RB kinda get tripped up stumble alil and a defender was hot on his backside like he was about to catch him from behind.. then the defender got about 2 yards away and the offensive player regained his balance and was gone, pulled away, i dunno how that happened, i figured the defender was going to tackle him from behind,

I know big plays happen but they seem to happen to much... at least one passing and rushing TD over 70 yards every game, I know maybe tweaking sliders helps,

I will say Zone cvg is alil better i like all the different options.. hope they are not trying to think to much and then have 3 guys covering one dude and someone leaves someone wide open,

I still wish it was normal franchise mode not CCM, i wanna be able to watch other games..> Mainly the Superbowl if i dont make it there..

You can watch other games, play the moment on slow allows you to watch the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 145 benton32 @ 09/02/16 09:30 PM
i mean watch other games in my franchise not including my team. I use SF

i ment if i wanted to watch GB vs Dallas or something... use other games as the season is going to tweak sliders.. I know every team is different..

does it seem like maybe just a tad the simulation scoring is up alil.. there is like 7 teams in my franchise averaging over 30 pts a game ? ehh no biggie

# 146 Champion8877 @ 09/02/16 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I beg to differ. Go back & play 16 & see for yourself. I digress...
I was playing 16 up until a couple days before the EA access for 17 dropped. Maybe you're the one who needs to go back and play 16....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

# 147 thisisme @ 09/02/16 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudDaddy1893
Does this patch help with the kicking stats. My game will show up 2/2, but when I end my game it says 0/0 on my stats page.
Unfortunately no, the punting and kicking stats are still messed up post patch.

# 148 Joshua1207 @ 09/02/16 10:20 PM
Did anyone ever figure out why the ps4 patch is so much bigger? I'm just legitimately curious.

# 149 D81SKINS @ 09/02/16 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Personally, I've not seen any change yet with outside runs. Playing Coach Mode with the Broncos, first two games after the patch, Anderson has run for 362 yards and is averaging 11.2 ypc. And I should say actually that these aren't all from outside runs...inside zone, too. My team has 422 rushing yards in just 2 games. I just watch and shake my head as Anderson breaks through several tackles time and time again. This is on All Pro with all sliders at default. Didn't touch a thing. Hope this is a fluke...
Always play 2-3 games to see how it does. This could be that adjustment game before the sliders actually kick in

# 150 benton32 @ 09/02/16 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Always play 2-3 games to see how it does. This could be that adjustment game before the sliders actually kick in

Yea sucks seeing big big numbers like this and then u are like well the game was going great and now bam couple 80 yard runs and passes, i know they happen in real life. and it is just a video game..

i would try upping the tackle slider and maybe lower the run blocking i dunno, tinker alil but then again every game and opponent is different

# 151 CujoMatty @ 09/02/16 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Yeah I am not seeing this at all either, I find it near impossible to complete any type of deep ball.
I really hope they fixed the CPU scrambling issue.
Honestly it is killing the game for me.
It makes the gameplay so unrealistic to see a wide open gap for the qb to run for a first down. Only to have him throw the ball out of bounds. I have need seen a CPU scramble once in the 50 or so games I have played.
Last night in my Bengals franchise game the Jets had the ball on the 5 yard line, it was 3rd and goal.
Fitz rolled out to the right there was absolutely no one around him. He could have crawled into the endzone. Whats he do? Holds the ball for 6 seconds just sanding there with no one around him until a defender gets close than he throws the ball out of bounds. It cost the Jets the game as he could have tied the game with a TD.
I watched the replay 10 times and it was just horrible.
I made a post in one of the the threads on it. On a go route I got a touchdown 100 percent of the time with Julio Jones on all pro. Even at threshold 100 and reaction time and coverage at 100.
The fix for me was not user catching which a lot of the slider guys say you shouldn't do anyways. So whatevs I just stop myself from doing that and it's OK but I could exploit it if I wanted.

The ai scrambling is probably my biggest complaint still but I can live with it. Hopefully they are looking into it Though.

# 152 Alfie @ 09/02/16 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp714
Have you watched NFL football lately? I do not advocate any cheesing online, but the offense has a huge advantage over the defense in today's NFL and uptempo offenses play a huge part in that. 12 QB's threw for over 4,000 yds last year, and it should have been 13! Think about the numbers being put up by offenses, in no way is it fair real football either.

If we want sim then the offense should have the advantage in Madden as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
True but at the end of the day defense still wins championships. Look at the last 3 SB winners - Seahawks, Pats and Broncos. They were all one of the top Ds respective years so defense still matters in NFL. I want the same reflected in Madden by penalising players who run "No Huddle" throughout. The best example I can come up with is Eagles' offense under Chip Kelly from last year. Chip Kelly & Eagles' quick tempo offense couldn't do much but unfortunately it's not reflected in Madden where "No Huddle" O gets too much advantage over the D. I simply want the balance to be restored by EA.

# 153 benton32 @ 09/02/16 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I made a post in one of the the threads on it. On a go route I got a touchdown 100 percent of the time with Julio Jones on all pro. Even at threshold 100 and reaction time and coverage at 100.
The fix for me was not user catching which a lot of the slider guys say you shouldn't do anyways. So whatevs I just stop myself from doing that and it's OK but I could exploit it if I wanted.

The ai scrambling is probably my biggest complaint still but I can live with it. Hopefully they are looking into it Though.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaa julio killed me on the press cvg go route... omg 7 catches 4 tds 311 yards lol

# 154 stretch150 @ 09/02/16 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Did anyone ever figure out why the ps4 patch is so much bigger? I'm just legitimately curious.

Pretty sure Xbox is zipped/compressed. PS4 doesn't zip/compress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 155 extremeskins04 @ 09/02/16 11:39 PM
Us ps4 users like to have our files uncompressed and free flowing.

# 156 CujoMatty @ 09/03/16 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa julio killed me on the press cvg go route... omg 7 catches 4 tds 311 yards lol
When I was testing the sliders I had 400 yards 5 tds at the half with julio

# 157 CujoMatty @ 09/03/16 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This was cpu Cam Newton against me before the patch. I for one will be very happy if the patch fixed this.

Hahahaha if he would have taken off he had an easy 50 yards lol

# 158 Flair4TheGold @ 09/03/16 12:20 AM
Still hasn't fixed the issue of not being able to select the controller of the other team in CFM. You used to be able to play any Franchise game and go back and forth with the controller if you wanted to. Why would they lock that?

# 159 dickey1331 @ 09/03/16 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flair4TheGold
Still hasn't fixed the issue of not being able to select the controller of the other team in CFM. You used to be able to play any Franchise game and go back and forth with the controller if you wanted to. Why would they lock that?

You can do that if you have 2 controllers and 32 team control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

# 160 underdog13 @ 09/03/16 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flair4TheGold
As much as I would want that. They havent allowed that since madden 12. I'd pay an extra $25 for such a small feature.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.