Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The official Madden NFL 17 roster update is scheduled to arrive on Friday, September 9. We will post the details when they arrive.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 Unsung Hero @ 09/09/16 03:43 PM
As long as they have the major injuries to guys like Romo and Teddy in there, I can handle doing the rest of it myself. If we had the ability to render players inactive for a specific amount of time through player editing I wouldn't even be waiting for this roster.

# 162 The JareBear @ 09/09/16 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Last night was technically the start of week 1 so any boosts from week one would happen in the week 2 update.
Thanks for the reply.

I wonder if D-Ware will get a little boost too. I feel they have had his block shedding a little low last couple years. Guess I could just edit it myself but for some reason I feel like that is cheating, lol

# 163 WeWereGiants @ 09/09/16 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Actually, I think they are doing us a favour. They could've just sold the game as is and walked away to count their money... its not like the box says that weekly update rosters are included.
It's something they've done for years, ergo it's implied when you plunk down your $60 that weekly updates are a part of the deal.

I don't care either way, since their updates always leave a lot to be desired anyway. I just feel that as paying customers, we are entitled to be "entitled."

# 164 ChicagoChris @ 09/09/16 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzal
So patch not out yet, guess I will be playing 2K 17 until they drop this patch, maybe even Overwatch free weekend, then we might get a patch by then lol
You got a patch last week

# 165 charter04 @ 09/09/16 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWereGiants
What entitlement? We're paying customers dude. I wholeheartedly agree that people need to calm down, but it's not like EA is doing us a favor out of the goodness of their hearts lol

Now, the people who go into the NCAA roster update threads and bitch at the editors...THAT'S entitlement.

Show me where it says on the box or the info on the digital copy that weekly or week one or any roster updates are guaranteed as a part of my purchase. They give us what we paid for. Roster updates are relatively new and something extra to add value to the game. So yes I believe gripping about something, that isn't a guaranteed and at this point isn't late, not being out yet is acting entitled.

Guys have a right to sound entitled and I have a right to think and say I think it sounds entitled.

Now let's get back to the thread.

# 166 WeWereGiants @ 09/09/16 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Show me where it says on the box or the info on the digital copy that weekly or week one or any roster updates are guaranteed as a part of my purchase. They give us what we paid for. Roster updates are relatively new and something extra to add value to the game. So yes I believe gripping about something, that isn't a guaranteed and at this point isn't late, not being out yet is acting entitled.

Guys have a right to sound entitled and I have a right to think and say I think it sounds entitled.

Let me ask you a question, when you bought your copy did you assume there would be no roster updates forthcoming?

# 167 Millennium @ 09/09/16 03:58 PM
This conversation is over.

The roster will be out tonight.

Discuss the content of the roster and leave the date/time of release alone.

Seriously.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 168 charter04 @ 09/09/16 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWereGiants
Let me ask you a question, when you bought your copy did you assume there would be no roster updates forthcoming?

Yes I did. And they have full filled that up to this point. Rosters will be up today and so I am fully satisfied.

# 169 Dwaresacksqb @ 09/09/16 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04

Doesn't every sports title get updated rosters and patches. And have every year for a long time now. These things are expected. We give them money for the game in good faith that they'll tweak, tune and update. Could you imagine if they didn't LMAO. And the second you complain about it, I have the right to tell you you sound entitled.

Edit: posted this before I saw the mods post. My bad

# 170 strife1013 @ 09/09/16 04:06 PM
Can we just close this thread? All people are doing in here is complaining. No meaningful conversation is going on. EA has having a time frame for this evening.

# 171 althor @ 09/09/16 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
Can we just close this thread? All people are doing in here is complaining. No meaningful conversation is going on. EA has having a time frame for this evening.
If you close this thread there will be 100 pop up asking the same question.

# 172 Dwaresacksqb @ 09/09/16 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbravesfan
Anyone have any idea how EA will handle the players who are suspended? Like Giants K Josh Brown for instance. Will he just be a part of the active roster and just not on the depth chart, or will he be on IR for a week? Just curious.
Typically EA will leave them off the depth chart.

# 173 Bondsfan @ 09/09/16 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoccia
If you really want to begin the franchise ASAP, you can download community rosters, that quite honestly are probably better and more up to date than EA (especially from OP) and begin your franchise.
I've never used community rosters for Madden, always have used the roster updates. After heading over to the roster forum, I didn't notice a specific dominant community roster update, something like oh OSFM is for MLB the show. If the EA update that launches tonight is missing a ton of players, I'll probably use a community roster. Is there a particular community roster for Xbox that comes highly recommended by the OS folks?

# 174 BadAssHskr @ 09/09/16 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I've never used community rosters for Madden, always have used the roster updates. After heading over to the roster forum, I didn't notice a specific dominant community roster update, something like oh OSFM is for MLB the show. If the EA update that launches tonight is missing a ton of players, I'll probably use a community roster. Is there a particular community roster for Xbox that comes highly recommended by the OS folks?
you've come this far, just as well hold out for the week 1's.

# 175 strife1013 @ 09/09/16 04:22 PM
On Twitter Equipment Guru just said "rosters are on their way, let's all take a big exhale, you shall get your fix."

# 176 Bondsfan @ 09/09/16 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
you've come this far, just as well hold out for the week 1's.
Because EA said the ones today would be innacurate and missing players. Just thought if there was a good alternative out there as the post I quoted earlier suggested, Id at least give them a look if the the EA roster releases and its missing Steelers (I dont care about any other teams accuracy really).

# 177 redsfan4life @ 09/09/16 04:42 PM
I just got prompted to download a roster. It looks the same tho hmm.

# 178 Aiq xDoDx @ 09/09/16 04:44 PM
Anyone know if the EA website with the player search functions will be updated when the rosters are? I'm stuck at work for a while longer and just curious to see some changes.

# 179 NFLfan80 @ 09/09/16 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiq xDoDx
Anyone know if the EA website with the player search functions will be updated when the rosters are? I'm stuck at work for a while longer and just curious to see some changes.
Good question I'm work too for a little over an hour would like to check out my steelers updates.

# 180 Aiq xDoDx @ 09/09/16 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLfan80
Good question I'm work too for a little over an hour would like to check out my steelers updates.
No need. The steelers still suck, so you are good. Saved you the trouble of loading up the website and being disappointed.

- Yours Truly,
A Browns fan

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.