Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Quote:
The 2K development team traveled to all 30 NBA arenas to record and analyze the different sounds exclusive to each arena. Logging thousands of miles to bring you the most authentic experience in a sports game ever, watch how each arena in NBA 2K17 will have it's own flavor and be more realistic than ever before.

Check out the trailer and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 Mauer4MVP @ 09/06/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
****, even playoff games. Most playoff games (except for game 1s and elimination games) are loud during the first quarter and the 4th. The second and the third are typically your standard NBA atmosphere.
It's been a while for me... Wolves fan here.

But yeah I think at it's peak, the atmosphere of an NBA arena is better than any sport imo. It just doesn't get there all that often. That's not a reason why the NBA is my favorite league.

# 162 SkillzFromThe6 @ 09/06/16 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
It's been a while for me... Wolves fan here.

But yeah I think at it's peak, the atmosphere of an NBA arena is better than any sport imo. It just doesn't get there all that often. That's not a reason why the NBA is my favorite league.
Atmosphere of college basketball and football are better than NBA imo. NBA arenas are pretty quiet except 1st & 4th quarters tbh.

# 163 Mauer4MVP @ 09/06/16 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillazKill
Atmosphere of college basketball and football are better than NBA imo. NBA arenas are pretty quiet except 1st & 4th quarters tbh.
College is its own beast, but this is true. I guess I was comparing to other pro sports leagues.

# 164 Mikelopedia @ 09/06/16 05:12 PM
Considering that it wasn't featured in this trailer, I'm assuming they are backing off promoting arena specific lighting.... I mean it's pretty obvious that Philadelphia, as well as the other 26 crowds in 2k17 are incorrectly in the dark as if they are all MSG, Barclays or Lakers Staples, while those 3 aren't dark enough. I'm not even mentioning court colors.

Quite simply, I'd give the audio team an A+, because really it seems thats the aspect that was captured, not lighting. We can't really judge the crowd reactions though until we get the game in our hands. But that's more of an issue of them being triggered correctly, not whether they were recorded.

# 165 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/06/16 05:15 PM
Quote:

I've been to and watched thousands of NBA games and the crowd really doesnt explode unless a big play happens in the fourth or a hyped up game (Cavs-GSW for example). They dont chant defense that loudly in the first half.

There has to be a balance and more of a focus on when the exciting play happened.
You mean to tell me there have NEVER been times at actual games where the crowd doesn't explode in non 4th quarter moments or non big games? Or that Defense chants are never that loud in the first half?

That's some strong hyperbole right there. Don't confuse Verizon with the other 29 Arenas now.

Quote:
****, even playoff games. Most playoff games (except for game 1s and elimination games) are loud during the first quarter and the 4th. The second and the third are typically your standard NBA atmosphere.
Depending on where it's at and how the game is going.

# 166 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 05:15 PM
Quote:
I disagree about Football especially the NFL. The constant commercial breaks kill the atmosphere for me. I get offers to go to Redskins and Ravens games all the time and pretty much always say no.

College Basketball is amazing though. The students are a big part of that.

# 167 Mauer4MVP @ 09/06/16 05:18 PM
Quote:
I disagree about Football especially the NFL. The constant commercial breaks kill the atmosphere for me. I get offers to go to Redskins and Ravens games all the time and pretty much always say no.

Don't forget all the drunk men at NFL games cursing up a storm and getting in fights! It adds so much immersion!

# 168 El_Tercero @ 09/06/16 05:18 PM
As bad as this sounds, I think it's true. But I think the Bucks just aren't a priority to the game as much as they should be. When 2k16 came out the Bucks stated out early in the season and were the first team of my knowledge to ever have an alternate court. The game went months without updating their court. A few months later the Warriors decided to have an alternate court for their throwback jerseys. The game quickly updated their court and still left the Bucks as they were.

The Bucks finally got their court after the Warriors did. And the Bucks had that court in real life way before. That just shows you where they had their priorities.

# 169 hokupguy @ 09/06/16 05:19 PM
i love the small details , its just sad they couldnt update the lighting for the retro team arenas . Dont need to be there for that could use youtube and gettyimages. But love the arena horns be correct per building.

# 170 kolanji @ 09/06/16 05:19 PM
Came to this thread to check out this incredible effort to simulate arena sounds and found The comment section in the usual these DEVs are lazy and the colors of this and that is not right...so investigated and found this about VC over at 2ksports

Darn lazy devs over there and VC

Seruously guys JUST

# 171 made in eu @ 09/06/16 05:20 PM
I'm afraid the not so positive reception of the trailer(esp.on twitter) will make 2k to not bother with such details again.
Also ,speaking about the atmosphere and the crowd, I'm under the impression that some watch only highlights of games rather than full games.

# 172 SkillzFromThe6 @ 09/06/16 05:20 PM
Quote:

Football meaning Soccer. Not sure why people don't call it football... Most the game is played by using your foot lol

# 173 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You mean to tell me there have NEVER been times at actual games where the crowd doesn't explode in non 4th quarter moments or non big games? Or that Defense chants are never that loud in the first half?

That's some strong hyperbole right there. Don't confuse Verizon with the other 29 Arenas now.
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying it doesnt happen most of the time. I've been to a GSW game in Oracle. I've been to a Knicks game in MSG. Ive been to a Thunder game in OKC. Lakers. Philly (during the Iverson years) Atlanta. All regular season games.

The only one where the crowd was constantly on their feet was OKC. The defense chant is always there but is it like what you hear in BluFu's video ....hell no.

The crowd cheers during big plays during the regular season too but compared to the a big dunk during a Playoff game. Not even close unless its a hyped up game like a OKC/CLE game.

Thats my point. The chant should be there but it should be at a 4 instead of an 9 or 10. The cheers should be there but should be somewhat subdued if its a reg season game.

# 174 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/06/16 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Either way, as disappointed as I am, I will still be giving 2K my $60 on the 16th.
And there's the problem right there.

They **** up and you keep giving them your money. It's like buying your girl a "let's make up" gift for her cheating on you, lol

# 175 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 05:22 PM
Quote:
Football meaning Soccer. Not sure why people don't call it football... Most the game is played by using your foot lol
LOL. I havent been to a soccer game but I'm planning to head to London and Manchester to catch a few in March. I cant wait.

# 176 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
And there's the problem right there.

They **** up and you keep giving them your money. It's like buying your girl a "let's make up" gift for her cheating on you, lol
But she doesnt cheat just once. She does it over and over and over again and every time you buy her the most expensive gift you can.

You could buy the damn game used a week later, make your point (even if its a minscule one) to 2k and still play the game.

# 177 Gramps91 @ 09/06/16 05:24 PM
The dribbling and net sounds sound improved but I can't tell a difference from one arena to another tbh. I like how all the shot clocks have distinct sounds though. I can't tell enough from this video to decided whether or not to be excited for the crowd sounds. That's something that's been lacking in authenticity in past years.

....and if a court is wrong people have a right to complain. Especially, if it's been that way for consecutive years. I'm not a Bucks or Knicks fan really (I'm just a Kentucky Wildcats basketball fan and primarily go for former Kentucky players or players that I just like to watch play the game. I don't really have a specific team) so it doesn't effect me and I probably wouldn't even notice if someone else hadn't pointed it out but they should really work on getting those courts right.

# 178 Mikelopedia @ 09/06/16 05:24 PM
One point I forgot to make, I don't know if someone already has or not, but the last thing holding back AUDIO authenticity is that each arena has the same PA announcer.

Previous installments already had arena specific lines that he says, as does 2k17, but to have 30 different PA announcers, or at least voice actors, would go a long way in seperating each arena's audio identity.

# 179 Trackball @ 09/06/16 05:24 PM
2K hired Jaosming.

He would have gotten this right.

So 2K put him in charge of 2KTV.

Because that, like, totally makes sense.

Disagree? Oh, I'm sorry, how's YOUR game doing?

(that last line was sarcasm)

# 180 iFnotWhyNoT @ 09/06/16 05:26 PM
Didn't people leak gameplay footage? Is there one with normal audio floating around?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.