Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K has just posted a new trailer highlighting all-new NBA 2K17 commentary, which includes Dynamic Booth and the debut of new analysts including Chris Webber, Brent Barry, Steve Smith, and Doris Burke complementing Kevin Harlan (play-by-play) and Greg Anthony (lead analyst). For the first time, users will have variable secondary analysts for various games throughout the NBA season.

Additionally, this year’s title builds upon the NBA 2K series’ signature presentation package by adding:
  • Authentic Arena Crowds – featuring all 30 home teams.
  • Coach Mic-Up RealVoice – new feature with 200+ coach mic-up clips and huddles. Includes 1:1 body and facial animations.
  • New Sideline Commentary – featuring TNT and TBS broadcasting reporter David Aldridge.
  • MyPLAYER Interviews – Shaq, Kenny, and David Aldridge will interview your MyPLAYER at end of half, and end of game, including on the Studio Show.
  • Authentic Arena Sound FX – including net, rim, dunk, buzzers, horns, chants, game sound effects, per each NBA arena.
  • RealVoice Interviews (Players and Coaches) – including 150+ new interviews at end of half and end of game with coaches and players.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/08/16 01:33 PM
Only thing missing: Shaq and Kenny racing to the board. #RunThroughTheTape

# 122 RandomPerson @ 09/08/16 01:38 PM
Kevin Harlan is the best in the business. Love that guy.

# 123 scottyp180 @ 09/08/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty_KneeGrow
It's good seeing multiple commentaries....now while you're playing my career..."hopefully" it won't get stale like last year....hearing them say the same thing game in and game out....wether it be during halftime...during or after games....
I mean at some point audio will end up getting stale, even if they do something like madden and update audio throughout the season, but last year it got to a point where pregame, halftime, and post game became skippable and not even worth listening to. And then for commentary I got so tired of hearing the same lines game after game that I opted to put audio on the "on court" setting (I think that's the name) and just listen to background music with Spotify (a very handy feature on the ps4).

Hopefully this year will be less repetitive. Something that would help is less generic lines. So instead of something like "HE is one of the best players in the league" which can be a line that gets recycled for multiple players I'd like more specific comments like "Paul George has established himself as one of the best players in the league." That alone makes it feel like the commentators are actually calling the game being played and not just using generic lines that can be interchangeable from game to game.

# 124 BezO @ 09/08/16 01:45 PM
Great trailer! They have definitely taken presentation to the next level.

(edit) It will suck if the post game show issue hasn't been addressed on the PS4.

And I can't wait to play with the Phoenix Knicks.

# 125 apollon42 @ 09/08/16 01:46 PM
I'm not going to lie, this got me EXCITED!!!

# 126 extremeskins04 @ 09/08/16 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Great trailer! They have definitely taken presentation to the next level.

It will suck if the half time show issue hasn't been addressed on the PS4.

And I can't wait to play with the Phoenix Knicks.
What's wrong with the halftime show on the PS4?

# 127 jarod43 @ 09/08/16 01:53 PM
Awesome trailer, love that they got most of the Turner sports crew. Only if Charles Barkley was with the crew that would be great. Nonetheless 2K knows how to get the fans hyped up.

# 128 BezO @ 09/08/16 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I meant post game show. No highlights.

# 129 SeaTownGamer @ 09/08/16 01:59 PM
So I'm guessing we get the same play by play announcer for every game?

# 130 extremeskins04 @ 09/08/16 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
So I'm guessing we get the same play by play announcer for every game?
Yeah Harlan will be there every game it looks like and the color commentator will change depending on the arena/region.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

# 131 NINJAK2 @ 09/08/16 02:03 PM
You can't hate on this trailer. I'm only disappointed that they didn't show any Clark Kellogg commentary.

# 132 DBMcGee3 @ 09/08/16 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
The halftime and post-game highlights don't work if you're playing anything longer than 6 minute quarters (I think). I usually play full 48 minute games so this has been a huge aggravation of mine since 2k14.

Last year I didn't mind as much because, honestly, the replays were so poorly done I didn't really care to see them. Way too choppy and the camera would constantly focus on the wrong things. Light years better in 2k15.

# 133 Big Bankhead @ 09/08/16 02:20 PM
Sounds awesome, I can't wait to try the prelude tomorrow and the game next week.

# 134 BQ32 @ 09/08/16 02:21 PM
I know this is a hype vid and all the fanboys in here going crazy but this trailer has me concerned. The extra commentary is def a nice touch and the pre/after game shows are great for immersion but those get tired and skipped through after a month or so. I am worried about some gameplay I saw in the trailer. The contact dunk by Butler is an old animation that the user gets sucked into and is completely non-organic. The and 1 layups made in the paint were weak fouls and a couple looked like last year when the game just decided what was happening after a button press. I hated how the game would give you or your opponent so many free points by auto triggering fouls and contact animations. Also the on the Bledsoe drive and dunk, the user sprints straight up the sideline as far as he can go then takes almost a 90 degree turn to get a free dunk. This is an old tactic from past years because it is hard to user control the defender opening up properly and cutting off the lane. So is defense better/different, or more of the same? This year the motto is skills matter and that is what I am craving for. This trailer's gameplay looked like a lot of the same from years past. Great looking animations and moments but animations taking the control from the players and helping dictate circumstances. 2k16 played at the highest level really is not basketball, it is more about how to trigger certain animations and events that will get your players open or force fouls.

# 135 ClevelandFan @ 09/08/16 02:27 PM
Do we have a list yet of what teams get what announcers?

# 136 HenryClay1844 @ 09/08/16 02:34 PM
As a FIFA player I watch this video and almost weep. How can this game just be so much better and so much more immersive than FIFA? I cannot believe there are basketball fans who complain about NBA2k.

# 137 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/16 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
As a FIFA player I watch this video and almost weep. How can this game just be so much better and so much more immersive than FIFA? I cannot believe there are basketball fans who complain about NBA2k.
Grass is always greener.

A lot of the anti 2k guys use The Show and FIFA as the standard 2k needs to get to.

I imagine they have their pros and cons as well.

# 138 sane478 @ 09/08/16 02:37 PM
I see people complaining about recycled line and etc but did y'all not understand dynamic commentary. That basically means they will update the commentary throughout the NBA season so it shouldn't be too repetitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 139 ehh @ 09/08/16 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I thought that was more so for last generation because current gen looked pretty spot on to me.
Yup, it was perfect in 2K16. No need to change it.

# 140 Peninc @ 09/08/16 02:48 PM
I'm going to say it. This is the best trailer in NBA 2K history.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.