Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

NBA 2K17 The Prelude is available now on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Download it, play around a bit and post your thoughts here. Don't forget to download MyNBA2K17 and get a face scan. If you need some tips on how to scan your face into NBA 2K17, click here.

You can queue them up from the download links below or search NBA 2K17 The Prelude on your console.FYI: For those of you that downloaded from New Zealand earlier in the morning, take note, straight from Erick Boenisch.

Quote:
If you live in North America, don't play the NZ version if you want your save to carry over into the full version of NBA 2K17. Just wait for it to drop in your local region's PSN store.

Before you ask why, because Sony.

Not sure what NBA 2K17 The Prelude is? Click here and read all about it.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 King_B_Mack @ 09/09/16 01:25 AM
Now downloading, looking at my status bar like

# 2 dynamite450 @ 09/09/16 01:28 AM
I want to call out of work so bad tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

# 3 Futurestyl3 @ 09/09/16 01:31 AM
finally

# 4 Insight23 @ 09/09/16 01:35 AM
Deleted the NZ to play it safe. Now downloading the US. I'll play tomorrow when I can do a outside daylight face scan. I'm looking for this to be my main player throughout my whole 2k17 experience so I wanna get it right. Position, archetype, face scan, etc.

# 5 blingballa333 @ 09/09/16 01:35 AM
Funny how it's crickets around here now......

Downloading now....

# 6 Jumpman14 @ 09/09/16 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Deleted the NZ to play it safe. Now downloading the US. I'll play tomorrow when I can do a outside daylight face scan. I'm looking for this to be my main player throughout my whole 2k17 experience so I wanna get it right. Position, archetype, face scan, etc.

Same here. The NZ demo was pretty much a test run lol.

# 7 bottledwaterfan25 @ 09/09/16 01:42 AM
Download is in progress. Gonna call it a night, then dive into it tomorrow after work. In the words of Bart Scott: I "Can't Wait".

# 8 supermati @ 09/09/16 01:45 AM
Can you select different voices for your MyPlayer?

# 9 Ball2Win3 @ 09/09/16 01:48 AM
It has started....

Sent from my iPhone using TapTalk

# 10 RLebron12 @ 09/09/16 01:48 AM
Man this just shows me that I need to update my internet speeds...this thing is going super slow. Oh well, gonna watch Vikings and will play it tomorrow morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 11 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/09/16 01:49 AM
I'm in 2KU right now and the gameplay feels nice and smooth. 80 percent done.

# 12 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/09/16 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I'm in 2KU right now and the gameplay feels nice and smooth. 80 percent done.
Are you getting the hang of the shot stick? I'm struggling with the aiming part, lol.

# 13 JTurk @ 09/09/16 01:53 AM
The opening mycareer presentation for midnight mania is amazing!

# 14 Insight23 @ 09/09/16 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
Same here. The NZ demo was pretty much a test run lol.

Exactly haha & I'm more familiar with some of the new gameplay additions because of it as well.

# 15 PhillyIMBlog.com @ 09/09/16 01:56 AM
Pop Up Blocker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 16 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/09/16 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Are you getting the hang of the shot stick? I'm struggling with the aiming part, lol.
Funny thing is when I aim up it's almost always dead on 90 degrees but when I aim down it's pretty far off.

I also had this funny sequence where I had a wide open shot in the corner but I didn't know whether I wanted to shoot with the stick up or down so I sort of had a brain freeze for a second.

Right now it's a whole bunch of confusion but I'm liking it lol. That and the timing of layups is bringing a whole new layer of skill to the game. I can't wait to get the full game and start playing next week.

# 17 KingTocco @ 09/09/16 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I'm getting the hang of the shot stick, it's pretty nice I like it. I like the different buttons for different passes, that's cool.

Defense is much harder this year it seems, although these are generic 2K dudes in the 2KU tutorial.

# 18 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/09/16 02:04 AM
To my defensive minded players...

Make sure your finger is OFF the LT when you're using the hands up animation. Otherwise, you'll use one of the RS steal attempts.

# 19 zaywop @ 09/09/16 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
I like the different buttons for different passes, that's cool.
this was in 2k16 lol

# 20 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/09/16 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Funny thing is when I aim up it's almost always dead on 90 degrees but when I aim down it's pretty far off.

I also had this funny sequence where I had a wide open shot in the corner but I didn't know whether I wanted to shoot with the stick up or down so I sort of had a brain freeze for a second.

Right now it's a whole bunch of confusion but I'm liking it lol. That and the timing of layups is bringing a whole new layer of skill to the game. I can't wait to get the full game and start playing next week.
I keep looking at my controller to make sure that I know where the center of down is, lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.