Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

NBA 2K17 The Prelude is available now on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Download it, play around a bit and post your thoughts here. Don't forget to download MyNBA2K17 and get a face scan. If you need some tips on how to scan your face into NBA 2K17, click here.

You can queue them up from the download links below or search NBA 2K17 The Prelude on your console.FYI: For those of you that downloaded from New Zealand earlier in the morning, take note, straight from Erick Boenisch.

Quote:
If you live in North America, don't play the NZ version if you want your save to carry over into the full version of NBA 2K17. Just wait for it to drop in your local region's PSN store.

Before you ask why, because Sony.

Not sure what NBA 2K17 The Prelude is? Click here and read all about it.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 181 Teddy_Long @ 09/09/16 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Let's just hope the CPU AI is better in the real game.
super easy lol

# 182 jeremyp1223 @ 09/10/16 12:54 AM
Just seen Klay Thompson and Dante exum get into argument after foul. Bonus game was the best part prelude.

# 183 MackZillaTV @ 09/10/16 01:10 AM
Apparently chains are available in the game, if you go to your inventory and change clothes, neck is an option.

# 184 Mckinley Cash @ 09/10/16 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kray
Made a 6'11 PF (Post Scorer). Basically finished every game 10p-5r-5a except for the last game going 20p-5r-5a-2s-2b. The last game brought my draft projection to Lottery Pick. In my second and third game I got a turnover which dropped me to a mid-first round pick.

Just curious if anyone got a draft projection higher than Lottery Pick. I'd imagine Lottery Pick is top 5 or top 10, but I'm wondering if you can get a certain 1st pick of the draft or if Lottery Pick is the highest and wherever you land is your new home? If you can get the top pick I will definitely play through again.
I got Top 3.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

# 185 extremeskins04 @ 09/10/16 01:44 AM
I guess a better question is, can you get lower than mid 1st round? I played horrible one round of the 4 games and I still got mid 1st round.

Trying again.

# 186 Rip4ever @ 09/10/16 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I guess a better question is, can you get lower than mid 1st round? I played horrible one round of the 4 games and I still got mid 1st round.

Trying again.
Trying to go to the Celtics?

# 187 extremeskins04 @ 09/10/16 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
Trying to go to the Celtics?
Yea... lol

# 188 gremdog8 @ 09/10/16 02:11 AM
Was the story different like on the cut scenes from any of you guys? I was talking to my buddy while we was both going through the prelude and he was getting scenes on getting a girls number and hanging out with her on a hood of a car that I never got through my play-through. He was a PG and I was a C, just curious if the story is dynamic like that if so , that's pretty cool.

# 189 extremeskins04 @ 09/10/16 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremdog8
Was the story different like on the cut scenes from any of you guys? I was talking to my buddy while we was both going through the prelude and he was getting scenes on getting a girls number and hanging out with her on a hood of a car that I never got through my play-through. He was a PG and I was a C, just curious if the story is dynamic like that if so , that's pretty cool.
I think the story is different also depending on how well you do.

Spoiler

# 190 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/10/16 02:13 AM
I think I'm gonna be playing 2KU until next Friday. I don't even want to play 2K16 anymore.

# 191 extremeskins04 @ 09/10/16 02:16 AM
The story is decent from what I've seen ..oh and...

Spoiler

# 192 gremdog8 @ 09/10/16 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I think the story is different also depending on how well you do. I watched a video of a guy who did decent enough for a lottery pick and he met this girl in class, and then she came over to his dorm and borrowed homework and chatted with him for a bit. I never got that video and I've done the prelude 3 times now.
Yeah that sounds like what he was describing, I forgot to ask him what his draft stock was at, I was always a lottery pick through all the games I played through.

# 193 MBhoops @ 09/10/16 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremdog8

Yeah. I mentioned that earlier in the thread. Seems like your play dictates what cut scenes you get.

# 194 strawberryshortcake @ 09/10/16 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
>"Choose your weight"
>Body size doesn't change

Something 2K needs to borrow from Madden next year.
Loving 2k17's Prelude. My biggest gripe after playing it:

(1) Skinny player models' arms from the front view. They remind of rail thin supermodels, and my first thought is "eat something." I would like to see the more muscular individuals trimmed by about 2-3 centimeters all around. I would like to see skinny player models beefed up by about 2-3 centimeters especially in the arms. I kind of want to create a thread about it, and hopefully the developers would acknowledge it seeing as how a thread about passing was acknowledge by of the developer.

(2) Wish there was a way to completely bypass 2KU's tutorial and simply run scrimmage. The tutorial guy, what can I say.

(3) I want College Hoops 2k NOW, or College Hoops 2k Next year, despite me not being a college basketball guy.

Other than that, Prelude was a blast. Best feeling 2k basketball game by far. Responsive controls.

# 195 georgepal @ 09/10/16 06:54 AM
Ok, done with the 4 games at college (lost semi finals so didnt go to finals), played with the USA team. Now what? How can we earn VCs? Play the same game vs Australia all night long?

# 196 Americas Team @ 09/10/16 07:05 AM
Anyone else just not feeling the MyCareer type modes? I'm just not feeling controlling one player and grinding to get their skills up, I can only get through about 10 games before I give up. The only reason I even play a little bit of the mode is to watch the cutscenes and do some practice drills which I think is cool. I wish I could play 2KU without the dang pop ups!! Can't wait for the full game to come out to play Play Now and MyLeague, I may try to get into Pro AM this year too but I think that requires building up your MyPlayer so maybe not, lol.

# 197 gabri3l3 @ 09/10/16 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Anyone else just not feeling the MyCareer type modes? I'm just not feeling controlling one player and grinding to get their skills up, I can only get through about 10 games before I give up. The only reason I even play a little bit of the mode is to watch the cutscenes and do some practice drills which I think is cool. I wish I could play 2KU without the dang pop ups!! Can't wait for the full game to come out to play Play Now and MyLeague, I may try to get into Pro AM this year too but I think that requires building up your MyPlayer so maybe not, lol.
Same with me. I hate those one player modes. Couldn't even get past the first game of the prelude.

I've been hitting 2KU hard so far, the gameplay is addictive.
Spacing, physical play, fouls, shooting, rebound battles, steals system are all improved a lot

# 198 baagoe @ 09/10/16 08:28 AM
This might be a dumb question so bear with me. But if I start a new career when the game actually comes out will that career miss out on anything that happened in the prelude? Or is the Prelude just the beginning of MyCareer early?

# 199 2Kray @ 09/10/16 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
I got Top 3.

Thanks. What gave you the boost to Top 3? I averaged good numbers but pretty sure if I made a guard I could've did much better.

# 200 Mckinley Cash @ 09/10/16 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kray
Thanks. What gave you the boost to Top 3? I averaged good numbers but pretty sure if I made a guard I could've did much better.
I wish I could tell you. According to he MyNba2K17 app I'm only a 55 overall. Teammate grade of A. Avg 17pts. I've had a lot of "Good Defense" and the like.

It also may have been the way I built my guy. I didn't go with a huge wingspan or make him over 200lbs. He's pretty average physically, but that maximized his potential (by not decreasing attribute caps unnecessarily.)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.