Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

NBA 2K17 The Prelude is available now on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Download it, play around a bit and post your thoughts here. Don't forget to download MyNBA2K17 and get a face scan. If you need some tips on how to scan your face into NBA 2K17, click here.

You can queue them up from the download links below or search NBA 2K17 The Prelude on your console.FYI: For those of you that downloaded from New Zealand earlier in the morning, take note, straight from Erick Boenisch.

Quote:
If you live in North America, don't play the NZ version if you want your save to carry over into the full version of NBA 2K17. Just wait for it to drop in your local region's PSN store.

Before you ask why, because Sony.

Not sure what NBA 2K17 The Prelude is? Click here and read all about it.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 Insight23 @ 09/09/16 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Ah ok - i was refering to if you made a 2k account in prelude through new zealand in the same PSN ID you probably couldn't - if you only played 2ku that's fine i imagine.

Oh I see, I'm glad I didn't go that route. I was saving my full run through for today.

# 122 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/09/16 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I believe the controls are set to "camera relative". It is very difficult for me to dribble using this setting. I'll have to wait for the full version to change my dribbling to "absolute".
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's throwing my game off. I switched to the 2K camera for now. Still not understanding how I'm so consistent always shooting in the same wrong direction on the shot stick. If the arrow was to the right a little bit, I would literally have green on 90% of my shots, lol.

# 123 Cardinalsboy21 @ 09/09/16 12:31 PM
What is up with it saying you earned a trophy? The game doesn't have a list.

# 124 Panicshade @ 09/09/16 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinalsboy21
guessing those are trophies/achievements you'll get credit for in the full game

# 125 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/09/16 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinalsboy21
I earned two achievements from the game.

# 126 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 09/09/16 01:22 PM
I want more rebounds but nobody is missing on either team lol

# 127 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/16 01:34 PM
Is recording locked for The Prelude?

It's odd that I don't see a lot of highlights around here.

# 128 Bornindamecca @ 09/09/16 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So how are the crowd cheers and chants in the Prelude?
On one of my play throughs, we had a really close game in the championship game. We were down by about five and I hit a three and got a steal and an and1. The crows absolutely lost it. It was the best atmosphere I've ever heard in a 2k game.

That said, the overall gameplay in this mode is fairly shoddy. CPU teammates aren't really running sets or freelance offenses. You can't call plays and as of right now, Redacted:you cannot sprint unless you have the ball. The sprint thing is a bug, solvable by switching R1/R2Even though there's an obvious stat boost to allow you to be successful during the mode, you still have the animations of a 55 rated player.

I'm pretty sure this is the worst possible version of 2k17, unpatched and missing tons of options and information, but it is a 5gb teaser. I'll definitely be looking out to make sure that the polished version doesn't play like this. I highly doubt that it does, but in the rare instance that it does, there is absolutely no way I'm buying this game

# 129 DatIsraeliGuy @ 09/09/16 01:43 PM
They should've done it so you can play a freestyle mode instead of 2ku

# 130 Cardinalsboy21 @ 09/09/16 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
On one of my play throughs, we had a really close game in the championship game. We were down by about five and I hit a three and got a steal and an and1. The crows absolutely lost it. It was the best atmosphere I've ever heard in a 2k game.

That said, the overall gameplay in this mode is fairly shoddy. CPU teammates aren't really running sets or freelance offenses. You can't call plays and as of right now, you cannot sprint unless you have the ball. Even though there's an obvious stat boost to allow you to be successful during the mode, you still have the animations of a 55 rated player.

I'm pretty sure this is the worst possible version of 2k17, unpatched and missing tons of options and information, but it is a 5gb teaser. I'll definitely be looking out to make sure that the polished version doesn't play like this. I highly doubt that it does, but in the rare instance that it does, there is absolutely no way I'm buying this game
It is 20 gb.

# 131 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/09/16 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca

That said, the overall gameplay in this mode is fairly shoddy. CPU teammates aren't really running sets or freelance offenses. You can't call plays and as of right now, you cannot sprint unless you have the ball. Even though there's an obvious stat boost to allow you to be successful during the mode, you still have the animations of a 55 rated player.

This gives me hope if the crowd is like this in unpatched, low cut version of the game then.

# 132 nddot @ 09/09/16 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
You can atleast play it in another acc - unless you're buying VC there's not much you're missing id say. From like 55 to 57ovr - not a big deal. I personally won't spend yet so meh.

Welp... im gonna play it with my secondary account then

Thanks man.

# 133 Cardinalsboy21 @ 09/09/16 01:50 PM
The only issue I have is the relative controls. I just can't get used too them in broadcast.

# 134 ch46647 @ 09/09/16 01:52 PM
Can anyone break down defenders off the dribble? I've been trying in 2KU and the mycareer without much luck..

# 135 Bornindamecca @ 09/09/16 02:00 PM
Quote:
Can anyone break down defenders off the dribble? I've been trying in 2KU and the mycareer without much luck..
Wasn't a huge problem. You don't have ankle breaker badges, so it might be hard to get outright stumbles, but just like the early game laster year, a simple crossover is effective once you get them leaning one way. Give yourself a lot of space. The crossover/behind the back is still effective on breaks. Running one way and doing the slow spin in the other direction still works, but not as well as it used to(it used to be overly effective).

In all of these situations, utilize your hop step or attempt your layup as soon as you have a little bit of daylight. You don't need to destroy your man to get a lane. You just need a slight advantage, which is a very welcome change.

I'll have to replay this mode with R1 as my sprint. The sprint bug really limited a lot of what I was able to do off the ball and on defense. Just played a couple of quarters of the Team USA game and had tremendous success with my SF, which is a position that needs the sprint much more than the PG in the Prelude.

Just as an overall thing, though: When your cutscenes are mandatory and your gameplay is skippable, you might want to take a second look at the design of a game mode. Especially when there are no choices to be made in those cutscenes.

# 136 Bornindamecca @ 09/09/16 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitfan4life1993
I want more rebounds but nobody is missing on either team lol
That's weird. I played a college game where the opponents shot 17% for most of the game.

# 137 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/09/16 02:13 PM
Quote:
Depends on your approach. If you "spam" the dribble moves, then you'll get nothing. I usually use the rhythm dribble first, since it's still a scripted animation, then I make my move depending on what direction the defense leans. Like in basketball, you have to "test the waters" with small dribble moves before you attack the defender.

Perfect example would be when Iverson got past Jordan during his rookie season. Iverson didn't hit him with a bunch crossovers. He tested Jordan with a couple of small moves until Jordan bit on one.

# 138 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/09/16 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
(warning:another graphics gripe)

I notice white socks still look grayish. How is this a thing every single year?
i just realized something from this post of yours. I really don't have an issue with you saying the white socks are still grey. That's constructive and informative.

But the second sentence is just dramatic whining. Do you really need to inject that into every post? Why not just leave it at "I notice white socks still look grayish." It would go a long way in having people respect your thoughts and not harp on you everytime you mention something.

# 139 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/09/16 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
i just realized something from this post of yours. I really don't have an issue with you saying the white socks are still grey. That's constructive and informative.

But the second sentence is just dramatic whining. Do you really need to inject that into every post? Why not just leave it at "I notice white socks still look grayish." It would go a long way in having people respect your thoughts and not harp on you everytime you mention something.
I agree. I was playing the game, and I didn't give a thought to the color of the socks not one time. I was too busy learning how to play the game.

Truthfully, he just needs to get the PC version and let the modding community handle all his complaints.

# 140 extremeskins04 @ 09/09/16 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress

I agree with this 100%. Good post.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.