Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

NBA 2K17 The Prelude is available now on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Download it, play around a bit and post your thoughts here. Don't forget to download MyNBA2K17 and get a face scan. If you need some tips on how to scan your face into NBA 2K17, click here.

You can queue them up from the download links below or search NBA 2K17 The Prelude on your console.FYI: For those of you that downloaded from New Zealand earlier in the morning, take note, straight from Erick Boenisch.

Quote:
If you live in North America, don't play the NZ version if you want your save to carry over into the full version of NBA 2K17. Just wait for it to drop in your local region's PSN store.

Before you ask why, because Sony.

Not sure what NBA 2K17 The Prelude is? Click here and read all about it.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 scottyp180 @ 09/09/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Depends on your approach. If you "spam" the dribble moves, then you'll get nothing. I usually use the rhythm dribble first, since it's still a scripted animation, then I make my move depending on what direction the defense leans. Like in basketball, you have to "test the waters" with small dribble moves before you attack the defender.

Perfect example would be when Iverson got past Jordan during his rookie season. Iverson didn't hit him with a bunch crossovers. He tested Jordan with a couple of small moves until Jordan bit on one.
This was definitely my issue when I played this morning, along with the camera relative dribbling. I'm used to absolute so that was killing me but my other issue was me spamming the heck out of the stick. Between being overly excited about the new dribbling and trying to cram as much playtime in before work (the constant pauses for 2ku tips didn't help either) I ended up spamming the stick instead of trying to break down a defender intelligently. Can't wait to have another go at it later.

I didn't have a chance to play the actual prelude, just the 2KU part. Are we able to change dribbling to absolute or are we stuck with camera relative for the Prelude?

# 142 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/09/16 03:08 PM
Compression shorts finally lol!

Not sure whether to spend my measley 400 VC on my attributes or save up for some accessories.

# 143 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 09/09/16 03:12 PM
I love the store this year, the way you can put items in your cart and everything is so organized. And the team gear is great you finally get to buy pretty much every jersey/shors/hat for your favorite team.

# 144 Goffs @ 09/09/16 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Compression shorts finally lol!

Not sure whether to spend my measley 400 VC on my attributes or save up for some accessories.
Don't! Spent 500 on a pair of shorts before realizing that I can upgrade my player lol

Unless you bought vc then go for it....

# 145 HARLEE23 @ 09/09/16 03:44 PM
They subbed me out with two minutes left in the national title game and we lost...

I had 0 fouls

# 146 Bornindamecca @ 09/09/16 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Don't! Spent 500 on a pair of shorts before realizing that I can upgrade my player lol

Unless you bought vc then go for it....
How do you upgrade your player? I can view all of the cosmetic options but I can't actually mess with the attributes. When I saw Smoove do it, he was on a retail version menu.

# 147 SolidSquid @ 09/09/16 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Depends on your approach. If you "spam" the dribble moves, then you'll get nothing. I usually use the rhythm dribble first, since it's still a scripted animation, then I make my move depending on what direction the defense leans. Like in basketball, you have to "test the waters" with small dribble moves before you attack the defender.

Perfect example would be when Iverson got past Jordan during his rookie season. Iverson didn't hit him with a bunch crossovers. He tested Jordan with a couple of small moves until Jordan bit on one.
Quick question man, once my defender bites, what's the best way to explode past him? This is where I'm messing up constantly

# 148 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/09/16 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Is recording locked for The Prelude?

It's odd that I don't see a lot of highlights around here.

# 149 MBhoops @ 09/09/16 04:31 PM
I haven't noticed the R2/boost glitch. Is it only Americans that have had the issue? Something off with their version?

Mines has been fine.

# 150 jyoung @ 09/09/16 04:32 PM
Is it possible to change your dribble animations in The Prelude?

I have a playmaker point guard but when I go to select my dribble moves on the player edit screen the only option is the default moves.

Do I have to spend VC and upgrade my playmaking attribute if I want to change the default dribble animations? Or is changing them just not possible in The Prelude?

# 151 MackZillaTV @ 09/09/16 04:59 PM
They added the Crazy 8's again.

# 152 joseq @ 09/09/16 05:02 PM
is it just me... or ur player doesnt know how to sprint ?????

# 153 barond57 @ 09/09/16 05:04 PM
Downloading now.

I'm paying for 50 mb/s cable
Download rate so far 6.3 mb/s...

On a wired connection with nothing else on...

# 154 hopoffthiscliff @ 09/09/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Is it possible to change your dribble animations in The Prelude?

I have a playmaker point guard but when I go to select my dribble moves on the player edit screen the only option is the default moves.

Do I have to spend VC and upgrade my playmaking attribute if I want to change the default dribble animations? Or is changing them just not possible in The Prelude?
Animations are in the sport store and you will need VC to get new animations

# 155 Bornindamecca @ 09/09/16 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseq
is it just me... or ur player doesnt know how to sprint ?????
It's a bug on PS4 many people are experiencing. You either have to try a different controller or reassign/switch R1/R2. When you switch the Turbo to R1, the R2 still works fine for icon passing and PnR switching. The button/controller isn't broken. It has something to do with how the game is reading it.

# 156 MBhoops @ 09/09/16 05:18 PM
So.... I'm playing it through for a second time and I'm getting completely different cut scenes. Which is cool.

If you play badly after the first home game(game 2) you end up practicing shots at the gym with Michael B. Jordans character. If you play well you end up in a class, followed by meeting some chick (Freqs Sister?). Start flirting etc.

I'm sure there's more, I'll find out soon enough.

I like this multiple cut scenes things. Gives it a bit of teplayability factor which career didn't really have (for me anyway).

# 157 TheDuggler @ 09/09/16 05:20 PM
Made a 6'6 Shot Creator SG and I am absolutely tearing up college. I have scored at least 25 in every game and had a lot of rebounds and steals.

I'm not even getting those ***** blurbs after my games, all praise.

New Kobe is going to take the league by storm

# 158 Leasim96 @ 09/09/16 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
So.... I'm playing it through for a second time and I'm getting completely different cut scenes. Which is cool.

If you play badly after the first home game(game 2) you end up practicing shots at the gym with Michael B. Jordans character. If you play well you end up in a class, followed by meeting some chick (Freqs Sister?). Start flirting etc.

I'm sure there's more, I'll find out soon enough.

I like this multiple cut scenes things. Gives it a bit of teplayability factor which career didn't really have (for me anyway).
O damm thanks for sharing - if you play well you indeed get mostly cutscenes from roommate/friend and the girl.

# 159 Sundown @ 09/09/16 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
If you play well you end up in a class, followed by meeting some chick (Freqs Sister?). Start flirting etc.
They've got a TON of cheerleader models. Would be interesting if you could actually pick which girl to flirt with. It's MyCareer after all.

# 160 Mbunn1993 @ 09/09/16 06:37 PM
Okay well I'd love to play this but its been stuck at 54%-56% for like an hour now :/

But one question.. is there a trick to play through it twice? Thinking about quitting the end of games to replay but I'd like to go through it twice if possible

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.