Home
NASCAR Heat Evolution News Post

NASCAR Heat Evolution is available now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Get in a few laps and post your impressions!

Game: NASCAR Heat EvolutionReader Score: 4.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 brandon27 @ 09/13/16 01:38 PM
Ohhh yes.. I forgot to mention the locking of the tracks. I thought it was insanely odd this morning as well.

Reading that review linked above, and yikes. Any optimism I had for this one might have just leaked away. I'm still going to go back tonight and get into it some more. I mean, what else am I going to do with it since I bought it digital. I'm kind of stuck with it, might as well try and enjoy it.

Sucks we were kind of misguided by some around here that this was going to be awesome. I know my playtime was severely limited this morning, but I came away from it going... That was terrible. To me, it felt like I was playing a game that was old, unfinished, and quite frankly should have been sold to me at a $20-30 price point like The Golf Club was at release.

I'm still holding out hope for it in terms of racing with the AI. If it can do that properly, and I can enjoy career mode as a result, then I'll feel better about the game. Still not it's price point though, that's for sure. I'm trying to reserve full judgment until I get to play more.

# 22 Velocityy @ 09/13/16 01:49 PM
Another review is up from Game Informer...it's nicer...but to me just seems to sugar-coat some of the issues. Also, it's clear he's playing on normal.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/na...on-review.aspx

# 23 Turbojugend @ 09/13/16 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil
As far as the unlocking thing what's the big deal?...if you get this for $60 or whatever I certainly hope you would put enough time into it to unlock the tracks. Should they have been unlocked...sure...but gheez people it's certainly not a deal breaker or even a blip on the radar.
I can pop in my copy of NASCAR 98 on PS1 -- or just about any other NASCAR game developed since that time -- and race on any track whenever I want. Are locked tracks a deal breaker? Of course not. Do I want to spend four hours unlocking Phoenix? Hell no.

# 24 Mo @ 09/13/16 02:04 PM
The unlocking tracks things is just dumb. Poor choice by DM. You never want to limit those that are pick up and play racers.

That said, on the track, this game is really good. Especially once you find a good AI setting and longer distance where the AI isnt constantly side by side.

Did a 30 lap session at Dover and that was some of best racing i've done on console this side of F1.

# 25 brandon27 @ 09/13/16 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
The unlocking tracks things is just dumb. Poor choice by DM. You never want to limit those that are pick up and play racers.

That said, on the track, this game is really good. Especially once you find a good AI setting and longer distance where the AI isnt constantly side by side.

Did a 30 lap session at Dover and that was some of best racing i've done on console this side of F1.

That's some good news then. I tried to be as cautious as I could in my early impression post to note, I did not play a lot. lol I could kind of tell in that Brad K challenge that it looks like racing in and around the AI could be fun, and that was in normal mode. So, I'm glad to hear that someone is having positives with it.

What's your take on the visuals if you're on PS4?

# 26 bluengold34_OS @ 09/13/16 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
That's some good news then. I tried to be as cautious as I could in my early impression post to note, I did not play a lot. lol I could kind of tell in that Brad K challenge that it looks like racing in and around the AI could be fun, and that was in normal mode. So, I'm glad to hear that someone is having positives with it.

Visuals look the same, whether on PC or PS4 - I have them both.

# 27 Turbojugend @ 09/13/16 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Visuals look the same, whether on PC or PS4 - I have them both.
Isn't the PS4 locked at 30fps?

# 28 Mo @ 09/13/16 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27

visually, i mean its isnt forza. Like I went from the forza 3 demo to this. And that wasnt fair to Heat. But they are decent enough.

# 29 bluengold34_OS @ 09/13/16 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Isn't the PS4 locked at 30fps?
Not a 100% sure, but the only there is FPS issues for me on the PS4 is with smoke - other than that, the game seems to run fine

# 30 Tribe1 @ 09/13/16 02:24 PM
Quick question....Are the tracks locked in career mode? Do I need to play single races until I can unlock them before I start a career?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

# 31 MaverickAZ @ 09/13/16 03:14 PM
Can anyone tell me if they got the Qualifying procedure correct in this?

i never played the old devs game , like NASCAR 15, and so im not sure if they ever got knockout qualifying into these games

Or if its still same single car runs, and thats it

# 32 jway44 @ 09/13/16 03:36 PM
Copy just arrived. I'm putting everything I've read in the rear view mirror and giving it a go. Hopefully it will be worth the $39 it costed me with my discount and rewards card.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

# 33 bluengold34_OS @ 09/13/16 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAZ
Can anyone tell me if they got the Qualifying procedure correct in this?

i never played the old devs game , like NASCAR 15, and so im not sure if they ever got knockout qualifying into these games

Or if its still same single car runs, and thats it
They have both options - new and old

# 34 bluengold34_OS @ 09/13/16 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe1
Quick question....Are the tracks locked in career mode? Do I need to play single races until I can unlock them before I start a career?

It takes like 30 mins to unlock all the tracks. You don't have to go through 1 track at a time. I think once you have a speed rating above a certain # at like 6 tracks, all the tracks become unlocked. This is going by memory, so it could be a bit off - but it took me 30 mins or so to unlock every single track

# 35 RyanLaFalce @ 09/13/16 04:10 PM
After reading impressions and reviews, I'm glad I got NHL today. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 36 Turbojugend @ 09/13/16 04:20 PM
Quote:
It takes like 30 mins to unlock all the tracks. You don't have to go through 1 track at a time. I think once you have a speed rating above a certain # at like 6 tracks, all the tracks become unlocked. This is going by memory, so it could be a bit off - but it took me 30 mins or so to unlock every single track
Oh, well that's not too bad. I don't know where that reviewer was getting four hours:

Quote:
That’s right, if you live a couple miles from Phoenix International Raceway and it’s a ritual of sorts for you to turn laps at Phoenix on each new NASCAR game, or you fancy some road course action at Watkins Glen, you won’t touch these facilities until at least four hours of playtime. You’re handed Experience Points for finishing well in each race regardless of whether you’re online or offline, but rather than using these points to unlock goodies such as alternate liveries or spotter packs, you literally aren’t allowed to drive more than half of the tracks on the NASCAR schedule unless you grind away for XP in Single Race.

# 37 bluengold34_OS @ 09/13/16 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
After reading impressions and reviews, I'm glad I got NHL today. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Actually Ryan I think you are going to be a bit sorry for passing on this. I totally respect your decision, but I will say that of my friends who own the game(most are huge sim race guys) have nothing but good to great things to say about the actual racing and AI -

# 38 bluengold34_OS @ 09/13/16 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Oh, well that's not too bad. I don't know where that reviewer was getting four hours:
Maybe it took him 4 hours, although I am not sure how, but for me it was rather quick and I was racing at any track I wanted.

# 39 Tribe1 @ 09/13/16 04:57 PM
Quote:
Thanks...that's good to know. I was hyped for this game and starting to get worried based on some of the reviews

# 40 bluengold34_OS @ 09/13/16 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe1
Thanks...that's good to know. I was hyped for this game and starting to get worried based on some of the reviews

When you first get the game, change the race settings to 2% and you will have all the tracks unlocked rather quickly -

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.