Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has announced the Nike Color Rush uniforms are coming soon for Madden NFL 17. Once we get more details and an official release date, we will update this post.

You will not have to restart your franchise when they become available.

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 pwellz @ 09/13/16 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Yea is it tied to a roster? Definitely anxious to see what the specifics are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are not tied to a roster, dev on twitter confirmed that we do not need to restart CFM to use them when they release them.

# 22 thescoop @ 09/13/16 01:10 PM
While I hate the Color Rush uniforms and the idea of them, I am happy Madden is going to add them to help refect what we see in real life. Now if only they would actually allow me select both teams uniforms when I'm playing franchise like pretty much every other sports game allows I'd be happy.

# 23 aholbert32 @ 09/13/16 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Point 1. Great to have them in. Good job by EA on this.

Point 2. What is being done for CFM? Are they being automatically assigned? Probably not for the reasons CM correctly pointed out. So color rush games cannot be played in franchise mode? That would be disappointing. (please save any responses that requires me to purchase additional hardware to chose uniforms)
Then the answer is likely no. Has EA every had automatic assigned jerseys for the CPU? I dont recall seeing it and I doubt it will be in this year's version.

I would love to see it though. Would make assigning jerseys easier.

# 24 sportsfan1976 @ 09/13/16 01:42 PM
Can they fix the bug in the the long shirt jerseys because there are no stripes on some and no color.Hope they patch it .

# 25 Bigg Cee @ 09/13/16 01:49 PM
How many NFL teams actually have the color rush jersey?

# 26 aholbert32 @ 09/13/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
How many NFL teams actually have the color rush jersey?
I think every team has a version.

# 27 RogueHominid @ 09/13/16 01:51 PM
I love the Giants' return to the early '90s helmet and the all whites. I miss those uniforms from my childhood--loved watching the late-LT years in those unis.

I also like that we get to use these in CFM. It's nice over a long CFM to be able to change things up visually from time to time, so the more uniform options we have, the better, imo.

# 28 TreJayMMA @ 09/13/16 02:28 PM
a little off topic (a lot) but to bad they coudn't do the same thing with EA UFC 2 with the trunks

# 29 TripleCrown9 @ 09/13/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
wonder if each team will have 2 color rushs (white and main color)
Probably not since that isn't the case in real life.

# 30 Ruben2424 @ 09/13/16 02:48 PM
Are these the only color rush uniforms being added? The Dolphins are gonna wear all orange color rush uniforms this season so I really hope they are included as well!

# 31 Ruben2424 @ 09/13/16 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginix
The weird thing about that is the Texans/Patriots game is a color rush game yet their unis are practically identical. Might just be poor planning by the NFL but you'd think they would've recognised early on the issues that would cause.
The Texans are gonna wear all blue? I would have thought that their color rush uniforms would be all red since most teams wear their secondary color as their color rush uniforms.

# 32 PredatorKingdom @ 09/13/16 02:58 PM
I'm glad they're finally putting them in the game but hopefully I can use them in my current CFM because I'm getting tired of using the Reebok black jersey for the Lions it irritates me not to see the Nike swoosh logo on them. These new black ones for the Lions are sweet as I'm actually going to pair them with the current silver pants and use them for some of the road games with the white jerseys.

Lions are slowly changing their culture with Mama Ford in charge we're debuting our new cheerleading team at Ford Field for the home opener this Sunday and will be getting new uniforms next season.

The color rush unis allow you to switch up your uniforms during your seasons in CFM like if you're not a fan of monochromes like me you can easily pair them up with a different pair of pants or use the pants with the road jerseys like if I used the Jags I would use the mustard pants for some road games. Dolphins having orange again would be sweet for them to have as aqua on orange or orange on aqua. With Buffalo you can pair the red jerseys with white pants or blue pants and use the red pants for road games.

When I play the CPU in my CFM I've had the Bears wear the orange pants paired with the navy and white jerseys and it looks pretty sweet and I did it with San Francisco too where I paired the black jerseys with the gold pants and black pants with white jerseys. Eagles too with their black pants with the white jerseys and midnight green jerseys.

Houston should've brought the red pants back instead of blue. I wanted the Giants to go with an all-blue instead of all-white since they already have white pants in the game and would have blue as an option to pair with the white jerseys like the 70s uniforms.

# 33 darren1024 @ 09/13/16 03:12 PM
Attachment 124510
Heres the Saints Color Rush. This will be my road jersey in CFM, if its even in CFM.

# 34 TreJayMMA @ 09/13/16 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredatorKingdom
I'm glad they're finally putting them in the game but hopefully I can use them in my current CFM because I'm getting tired of using the Reebok black jersey for the Lions it irritates me not to see the Nike swoosh logo on them. These new black ones for the Lions are sweet as I'm actually going to pair them with the current silver pants and use them for some of the road games with the white jerseys.

Lions are slowly changing their culture with Mama Ford in charge we're debuting our new cheerleading team at Ford Field for the home opener this Sunday and will be getting new uniforms next season.

The color rush unis allow you to switch up your uniforms during your seasons in CFM like if you're not a fan of monochromes like me you can easily pair them up with a different pair of pants or use the pants with the road jerseys like if I used the Jags I would use the mustard pants for some road games. Dolphins having orange again would be sweet for them to have as aqua on orange or orange on aqua. With Buffalo you can pair the red jerseys with white pants or blue pants and use the red pants for road games.

When I play the CPU in my CFM I've had the Bears wear the orange pants paired with the navy and white jerseys and it looks pretty sweet and I did it with San Francisco too where I paired the black jerseys with the gold pants and black pants with white jerseys. Eagles too with their black pants with the white jerseys and midnight green jerseys.

Houston should've brought the red pants back instead of blue. I wanted the Giants to go with an all-blue instead of all-white since they already have white pants in the game and would have blue as an option to pair with the white jerseys like the 70s uniforms.
The Giants couldn't do all blue more than likely because people who are color blind wouldn't be able to tell the difference. This was an issue last year with the Bills and Jets.

# 35 TreJayMMA @ 09/13/16 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Attachment 124510
Heres the Saints Color Rush
Dope

# 36 PredatorKingdom @ 09/13/16 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
The Giants couldn't do all blue more than likely because people who are color blind wouldn't be able to tell the difference. This was an issue last year with the Bills and Jets.
That's probably true because I think they're wearing these against the Eagles in December. Still would've been nice to see the Giants get some blue pants.

# 37 PredatorKingdom @ 09/13/16 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Attachment 124510
Heres the Saints Color Rush. This will be my road jersey in CFM, if its even in CFM.
Not a huge fan of seeing all-whites on teams that traditionally don't wear them like the Saints they haven't worn this combination since their first year of the Superdome in 1975 then they went to black pants after that and eventually gold in the 80s. These are okay though honestly.

Keeping it in the NFC South, the Atlanta Falcons are the one team who need new uniforms in the worst way next season when they move into their new stadium. Those current uniforms are the worst in the league to me right now and they play like trash in them too. Atlanta should go back to the 90s uniforms where they had black on metallic silver that was a sweet look should've never went away from it when the Vick era started.

# 38 TreJayMMA @ 09/13/16 03:19 PM
Quote:
That's probably true because I think they're wearing these against the Eagles in December. Still would've been nice to see the Giants get some blue pants.
Yeah I would like to see that in real life and in game. Also due to the issue with people who are color blind, My browns won't be able to showcase their all brown Uni's this year

P.s not blaming people who are color blind

# 39 RogueHominid @ 09/13/16 03:23 PM
Quote:
Not a huge fan of seeing all-whites on teams that traditionally don't wear them like the Saints they haven't worn this combination since their first year of the Superdome in 1975 then they went to black pants after that and eventually gold in the 80s. These are okay though honestly.

Keeping it in the NFC South, the Atlanta Falcons are the one team who need new uniforms in the worst way next season when they move into their new stadium. Those current uniforms are the worst in the league to me right now and they play like trash in them too. Atlanta should go back to the 90s uniforms where they had black on metallic silver that was a sweet look should've never went away from it when the Vick era started.
The color rush permutations have me thinking nostalgically about some of the looks that teams are harkening back to.

I agree on ATL. Those black/silver home unis and white/silver away unis were some of the best in the league. As a Raider fan, I always thought the '90s Falcons had the second coolest uniforms in the league .

# 40 Steve_OS @ 09/13/16 03:32 PM
FYI

Guys there is no reason to restart your franchises for uniforms, relax!

https://twitter.com/Equipment_Guru/s...78232612298752

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.