Home
FIFA 17 News Post

The FIFA 17 demo is available now. Queue it up from the links below, or search for them on your console:Check out the full details below.

GAME OPTIONS
For the first time ever in FIFA, live your story on and off the pitch as the Premier League’s next rising star, Alex Hunter. You'll have the opportunity to play a select experience in The Journey which will be limited to playing as one of the world's top clubs Manchester United.

Kick-Off

Own Every Moment in FIFA 17 gameplay to experience complete innovation in the way players think and move, physically interact with opponents, and execute in attack to put you in complete control of every moment on the pitch.

Skill Games

As the Kick-Off matches are loading, play brand new Skill Games that are included in the FIFA 17 Demo. You'll be able to enjoy 4 Single Player Skill Games and 3 of the brand new Multiplayer Skill Games that will be available in FIFA 17.

PLAY AS WORLD CLASS CLUBS
12 clubs included that you'll be able to play as in Kick-Off.
  • Manchester United
  • Manchester City
  • Chelsea
  • Real Madrid
  • Juventus
  • Inter
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Olympique Lyonnais
  • Seattle Sounders
  • Bayern München
  • Tigres U.A.N.L. (MX)
  • Gamba Osaka
3 authentic stadiums available to play in Kick-Off.
  • CenturyLink
  • Stamford Bridge
  • Suita City Football Stadium

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 301 infemous @ 09/19/16 09:47 PM
Disappointed in the demo, but then again I really didn't enjoy the demo for FIFA 16 and the full game was much better.

Same awful shooting animations, and even worse ones for penalties now, same cheesy difficulty settings which rely on making your players stupid or their players psychic to account for user skill.

Played on professional and won 6-0 played on the level above and I'm conceding 60% possession and lose one nil on their only shot.

I only buy FIFA to play online and with my friends anyway, because the game has literally zero enjoyability vs the CPU. Its practically unplayable.

Was very impressed by the Journey though and I'm excited to see where the story goes, especially if I choose to sign for Middlesbrough or Hull.

Don't know if there has been a confirmed answer anywhere coz google is no help but can we actually change Alex Hunter's hair style? This dude's mash up hairline is annoying.

Likewise I never play with shirt tucked in, and I want to choose my own boots. If EA don't let us even change those things I'm gonna be pissed.

Additional BS to note:

Played as Inter and the referee still had a kit that clashed with mine. The luminescent socks of Inter matched perfectly with the refs socks and his shirt. The fact this issue is still here after FIFA 16 when they said they patched it and didn't change ****, is incredibly frustrating.

# 302 infemous @ 09/19/16 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Yesterday, I was Bayern playing against Chelsea and they just killed me. The issue was that they went up 3-0 and continued to attack me as if they were trailing! Ended up losing 4-0 to them. Well, actually, I rage quit at 4-0. We all know how Chelsea plays when they get a lead. It's "park the bus city." Heck, ANY team would have parked the bus with THAT lead. Sure hope the logic gets fixed, because that was pretty pathetic.
this is actually a good thing. they could smell blood, and so often games are dull affairs on FIFA vs CPU purely because tactically they retreat and can't respond to the onslaught.

# 303 Matt10 @ 09/19/16 11:24 PM
If anyone's interested, I did a PS4 v PC comparison video of the demo. Enjoy!

# 304 BSDShoes @ 09/19/16 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
This is a video one of my subscribers directed me towards. I thought it was interesting that the CPU played this way when he was only controlling his forwards. Could this be the spatial analysis feature at work? CPU is only "aware" of where the player's cursor is currently selected?
omg that's buggered up! I tried replicating that in previous FIFA and that doesn't happen, only in FIFA 17 so far, weird.

# 305 dubcity @ 09/20/16 12:26 AM
New engine = new BS. And since it's a vs CPU thing, doubt it would be addressed via patch. House rules lol.

# 306 BSDShoes @ 09/20/16 07:21 AM
Just found out that the release version of 17 will be +40GB install, that's a massive jump from 23-25GB FIFA 16 and 16GB FIFA 15.

# 307 koszak27 @ 09/20/16 08:23 AM
Wow, you are right. PS Store shows FIFA 17 standard edition size is 32+GB. Limited editions and day one patch/update might just push 40. Damn.

How much space would you save by getting the hard copy?

# 308 BrianFifaFan @ 09/20/16 08:48 AM
Quote:

I joined Origin Access for this game. Can't wait for Thursday.

# 309 BSDShoes @ 09/20/16 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koszak27
Wow, you are right. PS Store shows FIFA 17 standard edition size is 32+GB. Limited editions and day one patch/update might just push 40. Damn.

How much space would you save by getting the hard copy?
Similar with hard copy since XB1/PS4 downloads the entire disc's content to HDD and uses the disc as confirmation that you own the game. Physical just saves on internet bandwidth (limited in my case).

# 310 Matt10 @ 09/20/16 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I joined Origin Access for this game. Can't wait for Thursday.
Mine changed from the 21 to 23, which is Friday now, darn! Oh well, Friday is better so I can stream it

# 311 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/20/16 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDShoes
Just found out that the release version of 17 will be +40GB install, that's a massive jump from 23-25GB FIFA 16 and 16GB FIFA 15.
Yikes! Guess I'd better start thinking about what I want to delete. Had to do the same for NBA 2K17.

# 312 Lashley93 @ 09/20/16 11:00 AM
Quote:

Looks so much nicer on PC

Getting it on release for xbox because of friends. Been playing the demo on PC though, might get it on PC for Christmas

# 313 hunterdawgs10 @ 09/20/16 11:41 AM
I did a tactics test on Gamba Osaka, I played them on WC many times and couldn't hardly get the ball off of them, they routinely finished with 90+ pass completions and 70% possession . So I changed them to long ball tactic, and voila. Down to 50's possession and pass percentage lower as well.

Has anyone tried any defensive tactics to see if they change the way the CPU play?

# 314 JHedges2 @ 09/20/16 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10
I did a tactics test on Gamba Osaka, I played them on WC many times and couldn't hardly get the ball off of them, they routinely finished with 90+ pass completions and 70% possession . So I changed them to long ball tactic, and voila. Down to 50's possession and pass percentage lower as well.

Has anyone tried any defensive tactics to see if they change the way the CPU play?
Sounds promising man, but admittedly #CautiouslyOptimistic...

# 315 KG @ 09/20/16 12:14 PM
Quote:

The only bad thing about tactics working now is actually having to go in and input them. Yes it's lazy but that's where an Option File actually is better than Licenses.

# 316 ISS72 @ 09/20/16 01:23 PM
Fifa 17 Demo Xbox 360 Mini Review

Only had a few games but I was impressed straightaway how different it felt, (I thought we'd just get a kit & transfer update.) the players feel more solid & first touch errors seem more natural. (Even seen goalkeepers spill the ball.)
And I love how the CPU doesn't seem so telepathic, I was having more success with knock ons for example. And the CPU actually made fouls in 4 mins games!
Not sure about the tiki-taka passing yet, didn't see it in my first game against Juventus, who only had about 75% passing acc but I saw it in the next game against Sounders but I was trying out the dynamic camera for that game.
They've re-cycled cut scenes but I noticed some new animations, I like the chest trap. The 360 demo actually has sliders but I haven't touched them. I'll be buying it that's for sure.

**EDIT**

Now I've played it more, I've started to think it's like an older but more refined Fifa. Nicely balanced, it's open but the improved FTE keeps things interesting. The only thing I'm worried about is the possible lack of variety in CPU goals, which has never been FIFAs strong point but they do try long shots in this one. Don't think it will win any PES fans over, it's still Fifa, but I like the fact at least I know what I'm gonna get, as 16 was all over the place, great one minute, unplayable the next. I do think they're holding back team variety as a new feature for Fifa 20 or something! Had a nasty bug on the 360, the new penalty system is tricky enough without the guide disappearing!?

# 317 nunogomes @ 09/20/16 01:56 PM
Quote:

But the real questin here is:

Did they create chances that way? Did you feel threatened by the CPU offense?

If it´s just CPU throwing long balls without purpose... it´s not different from last year.

# 318 hunterdawgs10 @ 09/20/16 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
But the real questin here is:

Did they create chances that way? Did you feel threatened by the CPU offense?

If it´s just CPU throwing long balls without purpose... it´s not different from last year.
To be honest I don't remember. What should happen (emphasis on should) is that said team using the longball tactic should absorb pressure and attempt to hit me on the counter. I'll try it some more this evening.

I hear what you're saying about it being similar to last year, but would like to add that it seems the will play the long ball more often in the demo than they did last year.

I agree with you though, if the attack is toothless then there isn't much to be gained out of tactics working.

# 319 Anton10 @ 09/20/16 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
It's playing remarkably differently from the first few days i played it.

There and then i was allowed with much too much ease to slide through the center like a blunt knife through butter, after opportunely having cut inside from the wing, yet now the AI's defensive composure seems much more stabilized.

To name but one improvement i noticed after the patch i read has been allegedly implemented.

I have noticed a difference as well in the last few nights of gameplay. The first couple of nights I could slice through the defence so easy (on Legendary) and it was boring and wasn't looking to play it again until the full release. I am glad I tried it again because now it is so much better. I did slice through 2 or 3 times last night over 5 games or so (on World Class) but the AI defence is so much better. How could it have updated? I didn't see any patch or update come through?

Anyway loving the demo now and can't wait for the full release!

# 320 hunterdawgs10 @ 09/21/16 06:39 AM

Here is a video of me testing with the CPU the Long ball tactic plus very low pressure.

Game play starts at 3:40. Before that is settings and tactics setup.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.