Home
FIFA 17 News Post

The FIFA 17 demo is available now. Queue it up from the links below, or search for them on your console:Check out the full details below.

GAME OPTIONS
For the first time ever in FIFA, live your story on and off the pitch as the Premier League’s next rising star, Alex Hunter. You'll have the opportunity to play a select experience in The Journey which will be limited to playing as one of the world's top clubs Manchester United.

Kick-Off

Own Every Moment in FIFA 17 gameplay to experience complete innovation in the way players think and move, physically interact with opponents, and execute in attack to put you in complete control of every moment on the pitch.

Skill Games

As the Kick-Off matches are loading, play brand new Skill Games that are included in the FIFA 17 Demo. You'll be able to enjoy 4 Single Player Skill Games and 3 of the brand new Multiplayer Skill Games that will be available in FIFA 17.

PLAY AS WORLD CLASS CLUBS
12 clubs included that you'll be able to play as in Kick-Off.
  • Manchester United
  • Manchester City
  • Chelsea
  • Real Madrid
  • Juventus
  • Inter
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Olympique Lyonnais
  • Seattle Sounders
  • Bayern München
  • Tigres U.A.N.L. (MX)
  • Gamba Osaka
3 authentic stadiums available to play in Kick-Off.
  • CenturyLink
  • Stamford Bridge
  • Suita City Football Stadium

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/13/16 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yea, a bit bummed, but the 16 demo was different compared to the full game, so who knows what sliders would have done come release day.

I am more concerned that I do not see any mention/announcements of sliders even being in the full game. Anyone see anything?
I'm just reading through this thread now, so not sure if it was mentioned or not, but sliders WERE available in the beta at least.

# 62 Fraser G. @ 09/13/16 04:23 PM
It feels quite substantially different to me. I wasn't expecting such a drastic change.

I'm still not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

# 63 Matt10 @ 09/13/16 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I'm just reading through this thread now, so not sure if it was mentioned or not, but sliders WERE available in the beta at least.
No, that wasn't mentioned. Thank you for that. I thought I had seen it in the Beta videos I watched, but I'm going crazy with release day Tuesday or something lol.

# 64 BL8001 @ 09/13/16 04:29 PM
I don't know what happened here. The cpu is just dumb.

This is on legacy. Me as sounders CPU as PSG

I gifted them their goal trying an RB pass in the back which the game decided to just change into whatever it wanted to give the ball to the cpu.

What happened to the AI? It's not challenging at all.

I tied it up 1-1 with a way more creative goal than this CPU AI is capable of. Match ended and I just didn't care to go to PK's and win because the AI would miss twice.
There just is no soul in this game at all.

It looks ace. But the gameplay is ditzy.

First half

Second half

# 65 Gnemi @ 09/13/16 04:41 PM
Fired up my first attempt at this with Bayern vs. Inter on World Class.

Overall, I'm extremely unimpressed.

Quick impressions:

1. The football looks like a little pac-man egg and the ball physics are terrible, floaty, and at times utterly chaotic. The ball looks magnetized and moves way too fast when shooting, way too slow when passing. Sometimes, I'm seeing headed clearances on 50/50 balls that look like they've been shot out of a cannon. Some really odd/disconcerting stuff overall.

2. Player animations are as poor as they've been in years. Whether a player is making a run on the wing or dribbling in tight space or back-pedaling in defense, their legs sort of scamper quickly, making them look like children. Also, pay attention to what players are doing on set pieces. They sort of start dry humping each other and waving their arms spastically. I am playing on Slow and find it way too fast in terms of gameplay, but I'd kill to see their arms and legs stop all the damn spasms!

3. Defending is shambolic or maybe just non-existent. Pacers are going to love this game, it's reminiscent of FIFA 13 in terms of how it feels tailored toward individual play. I can grab any speedy player on the pitch and just wreak havoc with him. Sounds like just about every FIFA in that regard, I realize.

4. The game looks like it has been built for high pressure and aggressive pace, hardly a thinking person's approach to football. I'm probably not even going to play the demo much at this rate.

# 66 Panicshade @ 09/13/16 04:42 PM
here are some 1440p screenshots from the PC version (Ultra setting and max AA)

# 67 TripleJay_X @ 09/13/16 04:43 PM
i downloaded the new fifa-16 demo ... aeh .. fifa 17 demo

it almost felt like fif16 ... the same entrances, the same highlights, the same replays, the same atmoshpere, the managers you could only see in PremierLeague?

did they accidently uploaded the alpha-version of fifa17?

i allready knew i would save my $ this year after the inital impressions ... guess nba2k17 will get my $ this year .... looks like a decent 16->17 upgrade.

# 68 RoyceDa59 @ 09/13/16 04:43 PM
Man I am a little worried by some of the impressions I won't be able to try it until later this evening but does this feel that much different than 16. I really enjoyed the demo last year but feel like they patched the game to hell. Curious to know what exclusive Fifa players think as well.

# 69 Gnemi @ 09/13/16 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Man I am a little worried by some of the impressions I won't be able to try it until later this evening but does this feel that much different than 16. I really enjoyed the demo last year but feel like they patched the game to hell. Curious to know what exclusive Fifa players think as well.
I strongly prefer FIFA 16 and don't agree with the comparisons of the FIFA 17 demo to 16 at all, especially when it came to the FIFA 16 demo, which was strong right out of the box.

# 70 bad_philanthropy @ 09/13/16 04:52 PM
Anyone getting fouled at all by the AI? Haven't been fouled yet in five games.

# 71 FelaKuti @ 09/13/16 04:56 PM
Actually pleasantly surprised after playing a few games on legendary, AI shows a bit more physicality and it's not so easy to burst past players. AI even seems to use body checks if it knows it's beaten. Not perfect by any means, but decent.

World class and below is way too easy.

This new hold-up play mechanic is really dumb I have to say, everyone feels like a powerful target man.

# 72 Gnemi @ 09/13/16 04:57 PM
One slight caveat regarding comparisons to FIFA 16: yes, at its heart, this is still very much a FIFA game.

For example, I still feel compelled to switch the player I'm controlling pretty much non-stop when defending because I can only count on my AI teammates to do one thing: be stupid.

Another thing that prevented FIFA 16 from ever being truly brilliant was how badly and predictably the AI attacked. So far, through my first three games, FIFA 17 is no different in this regard.

# 73 Gnemi @ 09/13/16 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelaKuti
Actually pleasantly surprised after playing a few games on legendary, AI shows a bit more physicality and it's not so easy to burst past players. AI even seems to use body checks if it knows it's beaten. Not perfect by any means, but decent.
I agree with everything here regarding Legendary, but to expand on "decent" I'd say that, while more difficult, it's not more enjoyable IMO.

# 74 Ettnollbajen @ 09/13/16 05:05 PM
I played a game on "The Journey"
And instead of controlling A Hunter,I controlled the whole team,since I play both player and manager career on 15-16 that's a good base to compare this to 16.
And compared to the exhibition game,the game plays so much better,still very much like 16, but slightly better,CPU not being crisp in passing,made more mistakes tan in kick off mode.
But not a wow effect,and I wasn't able do judge how the CPU played (long short) since you only get 10 FIFA minutes to play that mode.
But huge difference between kickoff and Cm.

# 75 bigeastbumrush @ 09/13/16 05:22 PM
Played 2 matches on World Class.

Positives:
-The AI plays smart on offense. AI teammates know when to make appropriate runs which makes a lot of give and go moments.
-Passing is improved. Crossing is way better than ever. The lofted through balls are especially effective.
-I really like set pieces although the referee setup takes forever.
-Corners have more control now that you know exactly where you are aiming.
-Really good physicality. I like a physical game. You really notice it when shielding the ball.
-Being able to walk the sideline on throw-ins.

Negatives:
-The demo is way too short.
-The default camera on set pieces is the Broadcast cam. You have to switch cams to get behind the kicker.
-Had a few fouls called but not yellow cards.
-Didn't notice Frostbite at all.

Overall I really enjoyed the demo. Can't wait to play the retail version with a longer clock. It does play a lot like FIFA 16 but there are so many subtle additions that I think people will overlook. I like the little things in games that create immersion. FIFA 17 definitely has those nailed.

This will be my go-to sports game. I can see Madden and NBA 2K collecting a lot of dust. This game is really good.

# 76 fearwhatnow @ 09/13/16 05:28 PM
It seems that someone from EA read my post about sliders and they finally understood that the whole thing didn't work. You can't have global sliders that have impact on every team without having custom tactics and team individuality and ofc team specific and player sliders. They have to provide a deep sliders system like NBA2k. Otherwise it's a complete waste of time.
I still haven't downloaded the demo but my expectations are low. They had absolutely no reason to move to Frostbite.

# 77 flo182 @ 09/13/16 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
It seems that someone from EA read my post about sliders and they finally understood that the whole thing didn't work. You can't have global sliders that have impact on every team without having custom tactics and team individuality and ofc team specific and player sliders. They have to provide a deep sliders system like NBA2k. Otherwise it's a complete waste of time.
I still haven't downloaded the demo but my expectations are low. They had absolutely no reason to move to Frostbite.
Still better to have bad sliders than none at all.

If you dont want sliders then just don't touch them? Online they dont matter.
But why should it be good to remove them from offline gameplay?

Restrictions in terms of playing are never good. Customization wins when it comes to singleplayer games.

And yes, the sliders weren't good and I also didnt touch most of them but for some people they really seemed to enhance the game. So why remove them?

Typical EA move.

And since they didn't even touch the whole AI tactics they could have just left us with the old sliders.

# 78 Chrisx @ 09/13/16 05:41 PM
Still downloading the demo.
But has anyone tried extending the half length by creating a cl.ini file? It worked last year, but, new engine...

(I'm not hyped for the engine switch, sounds like a negligible graphical improvement, but what functionality will be sacrificed in the process this time?)

# 79 Zac @ 09/13/16 05:43 PM
This doesn't quit feel like the beta did. I don't mean in a bad or a good way. It just doesn't feel the same. Not sure what it is. Maybe something in the default settings changed.

# 80 Tomba @ 09/13/16 05:48 PM
This has to be said. I was READY to get my body READY for PES 2017 after the PES 2017 demo .Found a great camera angle liked the slow speed of the game. THEN today the Fifa 17 demo came out...

THAT ALL CHANGED

The Fidelity of Fifa 17 is CRAZY. Minus maybe the grass not being as good as 16.

That said gameplay on slow is near fun and to me there seems to be ALOT more animations in Fifa then in PS 2017.

I went back to back with each Demo.

Fifa 17 is everywhere near better in every front.

Its truly astonishing how much more Fifa 17 looks like a broadcast too. Now i understand PES 2017 and Konami are working with less "licensing" etc, but their stadiums look BLAND. Very samey from the too available in the demo. While Fifa 17s demo stadiums JUST IMMERSE you so much...

PES 2017 has great things about it but if your not on PS4 PES 2017 is just NOT worth it thanks to the pc version being essentially a last gen tech game and the xbox 1 version not having the file option system in place to be able to fix the licensing on your own..

So Viva Xbox One and Viva Fifa 17 on it too!

OLA Munchata Monchega Denata Espanata!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.