Home
FIFA 17 News Post

The FIFA 17 demo is available now. Queue it up from the links below, or search for them on your console:Check out the full details below.

GAME OPTIONS
For the first time ever in FIFA, live your story on and off the pitch as the Premier League’s next rising star, Alex Hunter. You'll have the opportunity to play a select experience in The Journey which will be limited to playing as one of the world's top clubs Manchester United.

Kick-Off

Own Every Moment in FIFA 17 gameplay to experience complete innovation in the way players think and move, physically interact with opponents, and execute in attack to put you in complete control of every moment on the pitch.

Skill Games

As the Kick-Off matches are loading, play brand new Skill Games that are included in the FIFA 17 Demo. You'll be able to enjoy 4 Single Player Skill Games and 3 of the brand new Multiplayer Skill Games that will be available in FIFA 17.

PLAY AS WORLD CLASS CLUBS
12 clubs included that you'll be able to play as in Kick-Off.
  • Manchester United
  • Manchester City
  • Chelsea
  • Real Madrid
  • Juventus
  • Inter
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Olympique Lyonnais
  • Seattle Sounders
  • Bayern München
  • Tigres U.A.N.L. (MX)
  • Gamba Osaka
3 authentic stadiums available to play in Kick-Off.
  • CenturyLink
  • Stamford Bridge
  • Suita City Football Stadium

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 dubcity @ 09/14/16 02:01 PM
Ugh, CPU ping ponging one touch passes is still there. Nothing made me rage more in 16 than the CPU stringing together 6-7 one touch laser passes, and then ending up with a shot on goal out of it. Feels scripted. I like the speed of the player movement, but the ball still moves way too fast on passes.

And whoever said the players look strangely bland on close-ups, I agree. It's like there's old-gen mixed in with frostbite, and it makes some of the players look like bad wax statutes with no detail.

# 162 ThrowBack @ 09/14/16 02:06 PM
I am happy this game has 21:9 support now but it really chugs on my PC. I can get 60 fps cut scenes and replays but gameplay is a slide show. Might just cancel my preorder and either get the Xbox One version or just mod Fifa 16 on PC.

# 163 Velocityy @ 09/14/16 02:35 PM
I've noticed the CPU defense just slowing down and letting guys go by on their runs. They don't challenge you in the box at all....they're keeping their shape, but just kind of stand there useless.

I hope that can be changed, because no defender just lets a striker go by with ease.

# 164 winston @ 09/14/16 03:15 PM
The cpu laser-guided, torpedo passes and perfect first touch are as ubiquitous as ever. Nearly every match the cpu has 95% passing accuracy. Custom tactics do nothing, as usual.

The FIFA16 demo charmed me, as did the initial release of 16, before they patched the life out of it and turned it into FIFA15. This feels like that over-patched 16 with slightly touched up gfx and one or two tweaks to the gameplay which do next to nothing to enhance the overall experience.

FIFA16 proved to me they have a great game engine, but that they can completely mess it up.....like they have done again with this demo.

I don't see any reason at all to shell out £40 for this unless the full release receives glowing praise because they've turned it back into the sim that it can be.

# 165 BL8001 @ 09/14/16 03:27 PM
Something to note.

We know from EA's words that after 15 came out they split dev teams and one focused on 16 and one team started the transition to the frostbite engine in 17. They stated that 17 has been in development for 2 years.

I am feeling a lot of deja vu with 15. Which makes sense because they most likely pulled the 15 code over to 17. Speed being back, the player models lean more towards 15 than 16, fouls being more like 15 etc.

The whole game has the new frostbite "shine" on it plus whatever other AI and new feature tweaks they did. IMHO this is why the AI is behaving the way it is. It's 15 with some 16 things stuck on it with 17 things added.

It feels disjointed to me. The first thing to suffer a setback is the AI.

I just had a match as man u vs man city and they were down a goal and all they would do is just dribble around harmlessly in their own end. If I pressured them they would just hit this hopeful ball up field but they had nobody up there. I would just gather it with my RB and come back on the attack until I lost the ball and we repeated this again.

Even the announcers were getting on them about needing to abandon the dribble and play route 1 but they ignored it. Self Aware AI except not.

Somebody posted earlier that demo's before have been great and then the full game just so so. And maybe this year is opposite year.

I hope so. I would much rather have 2 great futbol games.

# 166 xicpanad @ 09/14/16 03:56 PM
I loved Fifa 16 and still go back to play it, despite some things that really piss me off completely. I learned to accept it as it was and enjoyed it that way. I didn´t think though I would have to do the same for 17. It´s diferent, it´s better in terms of pace, but the CPU reactions and team mentalities are all remembering me of fifa 15 and 16. There´s no need to spend extra money for that, and specially now that it´s so hard to resist the evolution PES has made this year. I´m pretty sure I´ll skip this one.

I understand and accept that the new engine needs some tuning to improve, so I´ll let EA alone to make those improvements, and when I feel the time is right, I´ll get back to Fifa.

PES has done the same, with a new engine, they needed some years to get back on track and finally this year they almost nailed it. I believe the next years we´ll see PES gradually coming back from his grave.

# 167 KingTocco @ 09/14/16 04:19 PM
So something I noticed from playing both the Xbox One and PS4 versions of this demo is that the PS4 demo is much more crisp. The colors are much better, the framerate seemed more consistent, and on the Xbox One version I got more of a hazy view during the cutscenes. I also noticed that the video at the end of the Journey mode game was extremely choppy on the X1 version and not on the PS4 version at all.

I was strictly X1 for this but I might switch it over to PS4 for these reasons.

# 168 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/14/16 04:34 PM
Going from 10 minute halves in the beta to 4 minutes in the beta isn't cutting it for me. I already pre-ordered, though, so so no big deal. I can wait until release to really get my fix.

# 169 BL8001 @ 09/14/16 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
So something I noticed from playing both the Xbox One and PS4 versions of this demo is that the PS4 demo is much more crisp. The colors are much better, the framerate seemed more consistent, and on the Xbox One version I got more of a hazy view during the cutscenes. I also noticed that the video at the end of the Journey mode game was extremely choppy on the X1 version and not on the PS4 version at all.

I was strictly X1 for this but I might switch it over to PS4 for these reasons.

I debated posting these exact same thoughts but I didn't want to start a console war.

I concur with you though.

I fired up both and sat at the team select screen where you choose kits, both had the exact same player standing at the exact same angle. I then just flipped my tv input back and forth between the two, comparing.

It's not a huge difference but once you see the difference you can't unsee it.

The lighting in the game has a more realistic "power" to it on the PS4. To me playing at century under the sun it looked much more correct on ps4 than on the xbox one. You can almost feel the warmth. There is just this more realistic lighting presence throughout everything on PS4 that makes it have more clarity and depth.

I have all my FCC and whatever fut rewards on xbox one. But the PS4 just plays better.

One other thing, see if you think so too, I felt like the game was more responsive using the PS4 controller.

# 170 BatsBike1314 @ 09/14/16 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
You're right. I just saw Hunter on Manchester City in a pic.

This is great news. So I'll just join the worst PL team.
noo, that move is for me ..
what team .. ?!

# 171 dubcity @ 09/14/16 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Something to note.

We know from EA's words that after 15 came out they split dev teams and one focused on 16 and one team started the transition to the frostbite engine in 17. They stated that 17 has been in development for 2 years.

I am feeling a lot of deja vu with 15. Which makes sense because they most likely pulled the 15 code over to 17. Speed being back, the player models lean more towards 15 than 16, fouls being more like 15 etc.

The whole game has the new frostbite "shine" on it plus whatever other AI and new feature tweaks they did. IMHO this is why the AI is behaving the way it is. It's 15 with some 16 things stuck on it with 17 things added.
To me they've been alternating between more arcade-y and less arcade-y each year since FIFA 11, so this makes sense. Seeing clips on YouTube of guys making stupid OP solo runs reminiscent of FIFA 13 and 15. Feels like this game is built for UT/online gameplay.

# 172 mistermod @ 09/14/16 06:30 PM
Tried it and impressions are a mixed bag.
Front end is still boring, but that's just a cosmetic.
Gameplay feels smoother and more engaging than 16, but still too fast for me.
Passing feels much improved. Quite like the new penalty system.
Not fussed on the graphics and animations. They look a little glidey, judderey and too robotic.
As with most Fifas I just can't get a decent camera angle. Either too far away and look like ants, or too close and you cannot see the field too well.
Frostbite seems to have added little and the journey looked mighty cringeworthy.
Will wait till it comes down in price as it just too expensive year on year.
The fut cash cow can go away in jerky movements.

# 173 KingTocco @ 09/14/16 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
I debated posting these exact same thoughts but I didn't want to start a console war.

I concur with you though.

I fired up both and sat at the team select screen where you choose kits, both had the exact same player standing at the exact same angle. I then just flipped my tv input back and forth between the two, comparing.

It's not a huge difference but once you see the difference you can't unsee it.

The lighting in the game has a more realistic "power" to it on the PS4. To me playing at century under the sun it looked much more correct on ps4 than on the xbox one. You can almost feel the warmth. There is just this more realistic lighting presence throughout everything on PS4 that makes it have more clarity and depth.

I have all my FCC and whatever fut rewards on xbox one. But the PS4 just plays better.

One other thing, see if you think so too, I felt like the game was more responsive using the PS4 controller.
No worries, didn't want to make it a console war either, just some impressions from both.

I didn't really notice more responsiveness from either controller actually. I thought both were fairly laggy. Even something as simple as a ball roll skill move seems delayed on both systems, I was having a hard time skilling.

I'm really undecided on which system to go with for the game. Your FCC and stuff should carry over if you have a PS4 account linked to the same origin account as well, not sure if you do. The only thing that isn't the same between the two is your actual FUT club.

# 174 WhiteBunny @ 09/14/16 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Played three matches last night on World Class difficulty two Juve vs Inter matches and one Bayern vs. Chelsea match. Right off the back I was impressed with how Frostbite engine looked especially those close up shots on the players. As someone who just didn't care for Fifa player models I feel like they are at a point when I am almost pleased with them and I know for a fact they will only get better in the future.
Player models are exactly the same of previous years. The difference is the lighting and how it reflects on player models. And basically, that's all the Frostbite we get in this Fifa.
It was the same with Pes. In Pes 2014 the Fox Engine was slightly there ( only lighting ), in 2015 was better and so in 2016. But only this year you have a Pes powered with Fox Engine. With development cycle of 8-10 months, software transition is slow, a difficult task. And that's the reason why generally sport games run with really old engines and some middleware to enanche the experience.

# 175 Resurrection403 @ 09/14/16 08:16 PM
jesus. i watched a dudes youtube video of inter vs juve. same commentary to a tee. game looks identical with some minor tweaks. boring.

100% will not buy this year. EA can bilk someone else out of their money.

# 176 BONDAGE19 @ 09/14/16 08:18 PM
Computer AI is terrible -

Played on Legendary as Gamba Osaka vs Real

Won 2-0

They had 95% passing accuracy and 1 shot on goal?

Seriously Ronaldo and Bale up front and the AI didnt have the skill or bottle to play any of them in!!

Played further games and what followed was very similar results after another 8 games...

Obviously there is no sliders in the demo but even if there was it kind of feels like forcing or cheating to make all computer AI play better or worse. Essentially making every team play exactly the same when you settle on one slider setting which can be very boring during career mode.

Surely the built in tactics should be the sliders for each team? Making each team individual and unique..
After all isn't that what football is all about each side has its own strengths and weaknesses and its all about tactics and figuring a way to stop there strengths and attack there weakness.

Career mode without any added features but a varied computer AI would make a whole lot of difference to the mode itself.

But instead they have added a new set piece rewrite to a system i personally thought wasn't broken in the first place.

Obviously FIFA is made for packs and online ultimate team but maybe once the journey fails with online users giving it a go(bad opponent AI) they might start to listen for the "journey 2"?

FIFA 18 - Improved AI
FIFA 17 - Online users
PES 17 - Offline users

Peace

Further example to back it up search - Fifa 17 DEMO AI demonstration into youtube

# 177 KingTocco @ 09/14/16 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
jesus. i watched a dudes youtube video of inter vs juve. same commentary to a tee. game looks identical with some minor tweaks. boring.

100% will not buy this year. EA can bilk someone else out of their money.
You should try playing it yourself before saying that. It's a lot different IMO and this is a demo, the actual game will probably be a bit different from the demo too.

# 178 JayD @ 09/14/16 08:54 PM
Pace of play is way too fast, no strategy at all, no build up , crappy career mode. Enjoy FUT players, on to PES.

# 179 Chrisx @ 09/14/16 09:30 PM
I'm on PC and finally figured out how to play the demo with 10 minute halves instead of 4. Boy oh boy did that increase my enjoyment of the game. Ok it doesn't transform it into an awesome game. Most gameplay complaints are still valid. The AI can be wonky and with little creativity, pass speed can be too fast, defence in the box would make mourinho have a heart attack.

But I now feel that 17 can be a decent upgrade to 16 or something even better if EA patches are in the right direction. I think it's fair to list some things that I really liked:

- Player switching is instant and the player you switch to is immediately responsive. Massive improvement, it was laggy in 16 for me.

- The loose ball ADD seems to be gone. In my last game I noticed a player not under my control sprint towards a deflected ball in midfield! It may sound funny to be amazed by what should be basic logic but still...

- In 16 teammates made many stupid runs when I launched a cross (crosses seem improved in general) into the box or a through ball, paying no attention to the ball and often been called offside. This doesn't happen in 17 and it's great because the game does not reset itself so often and keeps it's flow.

There's probably more, but overall it's a mixed bag. The million $ question for me will be "what about CM mode? will all games against all teams feel like you're playing the same game over and over?".

# 180 BrianFifaFan @ 09/14/16 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
I'm on PC and finally figured out how to play the demo with 10 minute halves instead of 4. Boy oh boy did that increase my enjoyment of the game. Ok it doesn't transform it into an awesome game. Most gameplay complaints are still valid. The AI can be wonky and with little creativity, pass speed can be too fast, defence in the box would make mourinho have a heart attack.

But I now feel that 17 can be a decent upgrade to 16 or something even better if EA patches are in the right direction. I think it's fair to list some things that I really liked:

- Player switching is instant and the player you switch to is immediately responsive. Massive improvement, it was laggy in 16 for me.

- The loose ball ADD seems to be gone. In my last game I noticed a player not under my control sprint towards a deflected ball in midfield! It may sound funny to be amazed by what should be basic logic but still...

- In 16 teammates made many stupid runs when I launched a cross (crosses seem improved in general) into the box or a through ball, paying no attention to the ball and often been called offside. This doesn't happen in 17 and it's great because the game does not reset itself so often and keeps it's flow.

There's probably more, but overall it's a mixed bag. The million $ question for me will be "what about CM mode? will all games against all teams feel like you're playing the same game over and over?".
I can get the Demo Tweaker to work right. Is that the one you used?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.