Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

In celebration of the upcoming release of NBA 2K17, 2K today released its annual Momentous Trailer featuring some of the NBA’s top talent, including NBA 2K17 cover athlete Paul George, Legend Edition cover Kobe Bryant, and Team 2K athletes Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, and Kyrie Irving.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 ClevelandFan @ 09/14/16 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSTA SoLIDUS
Came in looking for one thing:

The Cavs jerseys have that #GoldTab.

I slightly peeped it on Ky, but it was Clear as day on Bron.

Day one buy.

(was gonna be anyway, but still. lol)
Hell yeah man

# 102 Hellquist @ 09/14/16 02:26 PM
I'm not going to lie. This trailer is meh. Did not get me hyped at all for the game. The Prelude's 2KU got me more hyped more than anything. Last year's trailer was 100 times better and it left me speechless. This one? It made me go, "huh? is that it?" Underwhelming and anti-climatic trailer for me. Not feeling it at all.

# 103 23 @ 09/14/16 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS1hunnid
Lol cause he has the game that makes him a expert??? okay gotcha big dummy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curious, how old are you?

I know the guy personally and we talk all the time...

Vouching for him because he's a long time member and contributor here.

With the name calling i can tell you havent and won't be long of you keep personally insulting people

# 104 Caelumfang @ 09/14/16 02:50 PM
Honestly, the trailer did absolutely nothing for me. I'm just not all that excited for this year's game. I'll play it, sure, but this year might actually have a shelf life this time around.

I'm mainly a Pro-Am player, and I'm just like 'Eh...' this year.

# 105 aholbert32 @ 09/14/16 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
2k has gone downhill since they started prioritizing celebrations over gameplay

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I dont think that has every happened.

"Mike, did you put in the new defensive AI"

"Nah, I've been working on this D'Angelo Russell Ice in my Veins celebration for the past week."

# 106 Tunechid @ 09/14/16 02:53 PM
Quote:

I think it's obvious they care about gameplay more than celebrations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 107 scottyp180 @ 09/14/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
I'm not going to lie. This trailer is meh. Did not get me hyped at all for the game. The Prelude's 2KU got me more hyped more than anything. Last year's trailer was 100 times better and it left me speechless. This one? It made me go, "huh? is that it?" Underwhelming and anti-climatic trailer for me. Not feeling it at all.
I'm not making excuses for 2k I just personally think the earlier release date threw them off a bit when it came to marketing. Everything felt like it came late and crammed together.

For me the peak of my hype came with the gameplay blog along with the upgrades to presentation. After that there really wasn't anything a trailer could do to get me that much more excited.

# 108 Mauer4MVP @ 09/14/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
That's literally what they started doing since they began hyping it around 14.. the kids went crazy with the signature yells and celebrations.. So they started hyping that with everything.. photo bombs, mouthpieces, etc. Before it used to literally be about how much smoother they can make jump shooting or how exact they can get Kobe's fadeaway down.

They've just changed into my career and celebrations/ emotes to cater to the kids.

Hyping and Programming are completely different things.

# 109 knick9 @ 09/14/16 03:00 PM
Good song.

# 110 nuckles2k2 @ 09/14/16 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Hyping and Programming are completely different things.
This. This. This.

Unless you mean how hyped programmers tend to get when they write some code, unit test it, & that thing works perfectly.

We get pretty crazy when that occurs. #Lit

# 111 swac07 @ 09/14/16 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfr33
anybody knows the title of the song?
Imagine dragons "Gold" but the version in the trailer isnt the original version I think

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

# 112 choteron2 @ 09/14/16 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180

I do agree on arena lighting. I'm hoping there is no hesitation from the 2k art team to release a patch addressing visual fixes (body types, jersey colors, court colors, arena lighting, etc). I have no doubt the game will be great but improvements in the areas could make the product that much better.
Arena lighting and colors are a huge problem for nba2k. Hope that next year each arena have their own lighting.

# 113 Mauer4MVP @ 09/14/16 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choteron2
Arena lighting and colors are a huge problem for nba2k. Hope that next year each arena have their own lighting.
Personally think all NBA arenas should have lighting like Staples Center and MSG. I'm seriously jealous. It looks so cool and gives such a different feeling to the atmosphere.

# 114 aholbert32 @ 09/14/16 03:16 PM
Quote:
That's literally what they started doing since they began hyping it around 14.. the kids went crazy with the signature yells and celebrations.. So they started hyping that with everything.. photo bombs, mouthpieces, etc. Before it used to literally be about how much smoother they can make jump shooting or how exact they can get Kobe's fadeaway down.

They've just changed into my career and celebrations/ emotes to cater to the kids.

There is a big difference between what they hype and what work is actually done on the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 115 ViolenceFight @ 09/14/16 03:17 PM
It'd be wise to heed the words of the Veterans around here when they say the wave of negativity is coming. It happens every year around day 3. The honeymoon dies and you will start seeing so many threads on things that it will be hard to discern actual issues from stuff we just don't prefer.

This year seems like it's on course to be the worse negativity wave yet. The game hasn't dropped yet and there's already so much. It's like the forum screwed around and hit El Nino this year.

My advice, check in for cheese reports and how to deal with it, and ignore everything for 4 months. You don't want to get caught in the "Jumpshot are broken" thread equivalent this year.

That being said, I'm dissapponted I can't hit up my midnight release tomorrow, but I'll be banging on gamestop's door at 10 AM for my copy

# 116 choteron2 @ 09/14/16 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Personally think all NBA arenas should have lighting like Staples Center and MSG. I'm seriously jealous. It looks so cool and gives such a different feeling to the atmosphere.
Agreed.
For me playing at Staples Center in NBA 2k is not inmersive at all because that bright lighting they use

# 117 The 24th Letter @ 09/14/16 03:34 PM
Quote:

# 118 swac07 @ 09/14/16 03:37 PM
This year i'm just here for the tips on dribbling threads and the photographic side of 2k thread(like last year)

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

# 119 NINJAK2 @ 09/14/16 03:46 PM
If they gave these player models some definition in the arms it might make these skinny models a little easier to stomach..Giannis...My lord....

# 120 magiclakers32 @ 09/14/16 04:37 PM
I still take too skinny dude over chubbs

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.